Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Producer's Road Map 2014

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Xienive
02.08.2014 , 02:11 AM | #311
I would really like to see something this year about classes being able to use more weapon types. I know some are harder than others, but in that kind of case they could gradually implement certain classes at a time. For instance the Scoundrel/Operatives and Vanguard/Powertechs don't really even have that many animations using their blasters, so I don't see how it would be hard to give a PT a rifle, an Operative a pistol, etc. . Not to mention there are already plenty of animations in game that would work fine for most of the the skills.

Having a unique appearance for your class was lost a long time ago with adaptive armors, and weapon choice and their varieties have always been something that Star Wars was great with. There have been multiple threads and a lot of support for this so some official word on it would be nice.
No disintegrations!
As you wish...

Skywalkke
02.09.2014 , 05:30 AM | #312
Still no even little info new playable species?

AbsolutGrndZero
02.09.2014 , 06:09 PM | #313
Quote: Originally Posted by Skywalkke View Post
Still no even little info new playable species?
No, they probably want it to be a surprise, but pretty sure I read somewhere that there IS going to be one... honestly I am thinking it might be Bothans... because... they have never had a bothan in the game before (mentioned yes, but never seen one), and now suddenly there is one? I just think that if they actually took the time to create a bothan model, it HAS to be for more than just one NPC that you only see for one single conversation.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

MandFlurry
02.09.2014 , 06:52 PM | #314
If it's 1 thing I hate it's the stupidity of games that raise the lvl Cap, but don't really give any1 any real reason to raising the lvl cap with exception of it's just being because of a stupid expansion. What did we get, nothing but 1 STUPID extra skill. If the Devs would've used their minds they would've taken' the skills we already have and amped them powerwise, whether it's offensive skills or healing skills, then also add the New Skill as well, but they didn't do that.

This 2014 roadmap comes out as Elder Scrolls Online and Wildstar Online will be coming. ESO on 4/4/14 which is around the same time 2.7 comes out? Gee, I wonder why. Right now I don't really have an incentive to stay on this game as i'm not playing it at all, don't have a good Guild, not doing Ops, and unfortunately have never done Ops, which i have always wanted to do, but i'm old now, and my sicknesses keep me from playing this game as well. But it's also because "this is not Biowares game anymore", it's EAs, and they have really crapped a lot of it like putting most good thing on the Cartel Market which i refuse to waste money on and other things.

Just the Cartel Market alone easily pays EA for a free Expansion with all the money they get from it. I did like the GS expansion, but should've kept the other map/maps in their and adding more more often. Also us PvP'ers don't have much reason to play for Pvp gear/armor whem it's 3 to 4 classes down from the best gear we need to get from stupid Pve. EA doesn't give a real rats azz about Pvp'ers whatsoever, till I see 6 more maps for 8v8 Ranked maps, along with Pvp'ers being able to get the same Ultimate gear/armor that Pve'ers can get, til' then we will always be getting a slap in the face.

As for the new lvl cap being raised again, I won't be a part of that crap unless EA also powers up our damage and healing abilities we already have with maybe a new ability worth grinding another 5 lvls for. But their is still /bugs and Profession balanceing that needs to be done, that has needed attention since launch, Right now I don't see a bright future with the so-called roadmap that has been released, but mostly mumbo-jumbo that EA has put out because of ESO coming out, and Wildstar along with the MMOs that are already out their
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator

idnewton
02.09.2014 , 07:34 PM | #315
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
No, they probably want it to be a surprise, but pretty sure I read somewhere that there IS going to be one... honestly I am thinking it might be Bothans... because... they have never had a bothan in the game before (mentioned yes, but never seen one), and now suddenly there is one? I just think that if they actually took the time to create a bothan model, it HAS to be for more than just one NPC that you only see for one single conversation.
Not to be a downer, but the Bothan doesn't look that different from the Cathar. In fact on PTS I just thought it was a deformed Cathar.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 20
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +27,000

MandFlurry
02.09.2014 , 07:38 PM | #316
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterBlackJack View Post
They have already said for over a year now that they are not continuing the class stories

You may not give two cents about Galactic Starfighter, but many people like myself are greatly enjoying this new content, giving us something to do other than the typical mmo things.
Then it proves how bad EA has done things to what this game could be. The original regime, that was Bioware, and not EA always said the story was the Main driving force of this game, and that no other MMOs would have as much storytelling as TOR. Story was the 3rd pillar of this game. I don't know if you have been around here since 2008 when these Forums first opened, and how the original devs said how important storylines foe every character would be. Also the original devs always said that their would always be storylines added to the game.

Unfortunately Bioware doesn't really exist, as EA just uses Biowares name as a tool.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator

idnewton
02.09.2014 , 08:02 PM | #317
Quote: Originally Posted by MandFlurry View Post
Then it proves how bad EA has done things to what this game could be. The original regime, that was Bioware, and not EA always said the story was the Main driving force of this game, and that no other MMOs would have as much storytelling as TOR. Story was the 3rd pillar of this game. I don't know if you have been around here since 2008 when these Forums first opened, and how the original devs said how important storylines foe every character would be. Also the original devs always said that their would always be storylines added to the game.

Unfortunately Bioware doesn't really exist, as EA just uses Biowares name as a tool.
I wouldn't be so quick to say that. True, story is the main focus of this game, but that doesn't mean that class story is the only kind of story. I've also never seen any official word on whether the class stories are actually ending. On the contrary there were some rumors of a new planet for Imperials and a separate new planet for Republic players both continuing the class quests. It's true that these rumors date back a long time, but you know what rumors date back even longer? Korriban and Tython flashpoint rumors.

On the other hand, looking at this road-map in particular, they said that they are bringing the entire story to a close. This of course makes sense from a Developer and Story-writing point of view. After all, you can only draw it out so long before you finish it. But the interesting part about that announcement is that, along with the whole Republic vs. Empire story finishing, they said they would be making a 'big announcement'. It's pretty clear to the attentive reader that the face of the game is going to change when the story is done. Does it mean more roleplay? More planets? Player-created custom content? I don't know. But what I do know is that something big is planned, and I think that premature condemnation is best kept to ones-self until we know just what this big announcement really is.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 20
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +27,000

kirorx
02.09.2014 , 08:05 PM | #318
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post
Yep, this game is now pay-to-sit.
Hilarious
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

DarthGuin
02.10.2014 , 03:19 AM | #319
Really looking forward to the expansion packs and what they might entail
pacem, mendacium non est nisi cupiditas
i per passionem convalescant per robur opes i
i per potentiam et vincet victoria sunt, maxime mihi:
vis liberavit me

laughingbuddha
02.10.2014 , 06:12 AM | #320
FP's on Tython and Korriban! That sounds freaking awesome. THANKS!

Getting a new Huttball arena is really cool, too. Gotta love the Huttball!