Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Producer's Road Map 2014

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Beslley
02.06.2014 , 07:48 AM | #301
Quote: Originally Posted by Kimyrielle View Post
Also - from my perspective, they focused on "raiding type" content (ops and FPs) waaay too much in the past, at the expensive of other types of content. We got no meaningful continuation of the story content, no player/guild housing and too few new open world areas/planets to really matter. SWTOR's endgame is the typical "go raid or go home" stuff, that leaves PvE players who don't wish to participate in mindless farming of scripted bosses mainly with rolling yet another alt. I realize that some people love raiding, and there is nothing wrong with that. But they really should find a balance between different types of content and story/open world PvE clearly got the short end so far.
This game is Star Warld of Warcraft, down to the copied abilities. That's okay with me, I like it, but I'm not sure why you'd think SWTOR's end-game would have any sort of single-player focus when it is emulating a game whose main focus is on group content at end-game.

FWIW, SWTOR solo player have still gotten things like new daily areas and events like the gree, bounty and rakghoul events to participate in, which isn't half bad all things considered.
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

BrianAC
02.06.2014 , 09:00 AM | #302
I hope the performance improvements are really noticeable. Besides that, i am really excited to see what we will be getting in the coming months, I am really excited about the new FP's on Korriban and Tython, and the new expansion that will be similar to Rise of the Hutt Cartel, i am guessing it will be a new level cap! up to 60!

Kimyrielle
02.06.2014 , 01:06 PM | #303
Quote: Originally Posted by Beslley View Post
This game is Star Warld of Warcraft, down to the copied abilities. That's okay with me, I like it, but I'm not sure why you'd think SWTOR's end-game would have any sort of single-player focus when it is emulating a game whose main focus is on group content at end-game.

FWIW, SWTOR solo player have still gotten things like new daily areas and events like the gree, bounty and rakghoul events to participate in, which isn't half bad all things considered.
I am aware that when they designed SWTOR they sat down and copied every single aspect of WoW, because they thought it's a surefire recipe for success (and we all know how well that worked out for them!). But even when you look at WoW: Raids, raids, raids isn't the -only- thing they added. If I am not totally mistaken, they added significant open world content with every expansion too, much more than we saw added to SWTOR so far. When I look at the 2014 roadmap...it's still an awful lot about "instances with scripted boss fights" (both operations and FPs fall under that category).

I don't claim this to be representative at all, but I know a lot of people who quit SWTOR. And every single one of them I talked to (yes, is in 100%) named the endgame as one of the major reasons they left. I know that a lot of people love raiding and there is nothing wrong with it. I am not saying "stop adding raids". But I -am- lobbying for a more balanced approach. To me, SWTOR's biggest strength was always the story content, and in in particular the possibility to play it with friends in a meaningful way, thanks to the multiplayer dialogue mechanism, that to the best of my knowledge is still unique in all MMOs out there. I don't quite understand why they don't add more of what they're really good at and instead add content they're competing against 20 other MMOs with, but maybe it's just me.

(PS: I love the Bounty/Rakghoul events you named as an example. That's the stuff I'd like to see more of. Right now there is quite frankly not enough non-raiding content around to keep a non-raider busy, these events are still too far and between.)

tanktest
02.06.2014 , 05:49 PM | #304
TY Bruce for update and eric for getting the ball rollin on getting it out . it is greatly appreciated ..

My guess on the New Rise of the Hutt Cartel type expac will poly be around August and the next PVP EXPAC / update Nov or SO ..

A question I all ways have and one of my BEEF how are trades and RE ? i mean whats the state of them gonna be like . DO you all care about them any more can we expect something exciting with trades ( I hope ) ?.

When the first NIM comes out . How Will trades work ? . Will 78s be reable , should I keep saving up 78 's to re etc , I know some of it will have no value ( because 75 can not be REED ) and may be hilts .relics, Enhancements will have a nice value.. I won't add ears, implants to the list for reason we all know . notice not asking on any cybertech stuff it's gone imo ..

tanktest
02.06.2014 , 06:21 PM | #305
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianAC View Post
I hope the performance improvements are really noticeable. Besides that, i am really excited to see what we will be getting in the coming months, I am really excited about the new FP's on Korriban and Tython, and the new expansion that will be similar to Rise of the Hutt Cartel, i am guessing it will be a new level cap! up to 60!

Like adding the mantle API and D11 Support they have hinted at one time or another no Support for D11 may ever come or 64 bit for that matter . that would be so awesome other wise if it happen . but I'm not counting on it , just something i dream about i know never will never happen in this Version of SW the next MMO SW to come out will or should have all the things that should be any MMO starting with new ideas coming .

IF EA learned any thing i would hope that was a listen learned .

tanktest
02.06.2014 , 06:29 PM | #306
Quote: Originally Posted by Kimyrielle View Post
I am aware that when they designed SWTOR they sat down and copied every single aspect of WoW, because they thought it's a surefire recipe for success (and we all know how well that worked out for them!). But even when you look at WoW: Raids, raids, raids isn't the -only- thing they added. If I am not totally mistaken, they added significant open world content with every expansion too, much more than we saw added to SWTOR so far. When I look at the 2014 roadmap...it's still an awful lot about "instances with scripted boss fights" (both operations and FPs fall under that category).

I don't claim this to be representative at all, but I know a lot of people who quit SWTOR. And every single one of them I talked to (yes, is in 100%) named the endgame as one of the major reasons they left. I know that a lot of people love raiding and there is nothing wrong with it. I am not saying "stop adding raids". But I -am- lobbying for a more balanced approach. To me, SWTOR's biggest strength was always the story content, and in in particular the possibility to play it with friends in a meaningful way, thanks to the multiplayer dialogue mechanism, that to the best of my knowledge is still unique in all MMOs out there. I don't quite understand why they don't add more of what they're really good at and instead add content they're competing against 20 other MMOs with, but maybe it's just me.

(PS: I love the Bounty/Rakghoul events you named as an example. That's the stuff I'd like to see more of. Right now there is quite frankly not enough non-raiding content around to keep a non-raider busy, these events are still too far and between.)

Wow's next expac is adding HM as a group thing with a higher mode for guilds like SW does now ( unofficial in SW ) but pug's do HM a lot sometimes like guilds run them , I've done a few Pug's in HM and impressed how well they do and a few in NIM to see how Pug's do in them which OFC Is not well .

AS for me and SW I play it to have fun . i do what i want when i want some days or weeks i just do daily's . and some days or weeks i raid HC. I enjoy the whole game .

HiddenPalm
02.07.2014 , 01:11 PM | #307
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey everyone,

As requested, Senior Producer Bruce Maclean has posted a road map for 2014. You can read it here!
Still not a single word about sitting down on the chairs. ='(
The Underground Jedi Movement
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that." - King
APPLICATION * www.UndergroundJedi.com *
We are the very first and only Anti-War Guild for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

AlienEyeTX
02.07.2014 , 02:22 PM | #308
Quote: Originally Posted by HiddenPalm View Post
Still not a single word about sitting down on the chairs. ='(
Because the real chairs are broken. If you didn't notice, they've been adding chair emotes for a few months now. There you go.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

NoFishing
02.07.2014 , 02:25 PM | #309
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
Because the real chairs are broken. If you didn't notice, they've been adding chair emotes for a few months now. There you go.
Yep, this game is now pay-to-sit.

Suzina
02.07.2014 , 09:56 PM | #310
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
I bought the chair emotes. I HATE that they sell them, but I bought them for my friends and didn't tell them the cost.

It's a basic MMO feature, being able to sit in chairs. We use the emotes daily now, because that's how you sit down with your character. Having to pay to be able to sit down is weird, but you should probably do it if you want to enjoy the game in the ways you do in other games. Such as going to the cantina and sitting down. Sitting down at a meeting. Sitting down while waiting for someone. Sitting down at a table while AFK or eating in real life.

If they make us pay to lay down in our bed and take a nap, I'll pay for that too. Or unsub.

It's like paying for the cardbord boxes they put your groceries in at Cost-co. You don't expect to pay for basic packaging anymore than basic emotes. The most used emotes, the most wanted, should absolutely be free. Emotes are the words of your vocabulary.
Member of Bane Fleet