Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Producer's Road Map 2014

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

StOneRKinG
02.04.2014 , 11:56 AM | #251
Doesn't seem to be much for pvp'ers. Too bad. I've been playing since the game launched, but from what I'm seeing of the new Elder Scrolls Online..... don't think I'll be playing this game once ESO is released. This road map, unfortunately, has not succeeded for me. It's like they don't really care about pvp, which is the main reason I play the *********** game. SWTOR is gonna have to step up their game immensely if they want to compete with Elder Scrolls Online.
Imperius
Venetrix StOneRKinG Damelza Iskaevys
Kai-Ell Alusin Zaccai

errant_knight
02.04.2014 , 12:08 PM | #252
There's nothing wrong with the content that's been added so far. Starfighter was a great addition, Oricon was a lot of fun, but I'm getting really tired of doing the same things over and over with virtually no difference between characters and no meaningful interaction with my companions. If they're going to continue to abandon the class stories that were what made me love this game, they need to find a design compromise that makes the shared content more replayable--ie, more and different input from companions, different dialogue options, *something* that makes going through the stories more than once per faction more fulfilling. When you have a whole bunch of 55s, this approach is less than fun. I'm here for the characters/stories. Please throw me a freaking bone.

Also, crafting desperately needs an overhaul. The cartel market, while important to the game, has destroyed the viability of much of the crafting and really sucked the fun out of it.

NoFishing
02.04.2014 , 12:16 PM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterBlackJack View Post
I think you need to hold off on the "No New Op" just because they didn't mention it. Remember they put the summer of swtor in May and may no mention of DF/DP until August (2 months before the release). They didn't even mention treek until 2.4: Titans of the Industry went live. They like to keep some things under wraps.
There is pretty much zero chance that a new operation can be released at the same time as NiM of a previous operation that is also having its own tier of gearing. The new operation would need to drop gear that is either equivalent to the current DF/DP HM, equivalent to DF/DP NiM, or better than DF/DP NiM. None of those are good choices, and we can assume Bioware isn't silly enough to make that mistake.

Most likely we won't see brand new operations until the actual expansion after 2.8, probably in October.

Eillack
02.04.2014 , 12:19 PM | #254
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
Just speaking for myself, I hope SC is the amazing game that you want it to be, if only to clear a few loud and angry voices out of these forums for good.

I doubt that's the case, but I can hope.
Not into people blindly praising TOR?

I really want TOR to be better than what it is currently, but the way EA/Bioware has ran it, it is doubtful. I bought a CE because I had faith in TOR, then the game went south almost instantly. A good amount of the "loud and angry" voices a you put it simply want the TOR that was promised.

If that bothers you, then idk man.

NoFishing
02.04.2014 , 12:20 PM | #255
Quote: Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
My personal opinion is that BW should be focusing more on developing a stable build of the game instead of focusing on releasing 1 Operation every 2 month.
Not even close to a pace of a new operation every 2 months. New operations have been coming every 6 to 8 months since launch.

kirorx
02.04.2014 , 12:38 PM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by StOneRKinG View Post
Doesn't seem to be much for pvp'ers. Too bad. I've been playing since the game launched, but from what I'm seeing of the new Elder Scrolls Online..... don't think I'll be playing this game once ESO is released. This road map, unfortunately, has not succeeded for me. It's like they don't really care about pvp, which is the main reason I play the *********** game. SWTOR is gonna have to step up their game immensely if they want to compete with Elder Scrolls Online.
Stop kidding yourself, you are not going to leave SWTOR for Elder Scrolls anymore than people left for Guild Wars 2.

Lets face it, the force with all its jedi and sith will suck you right back here because its the only game where you can be a sith lord.

DanNV
02.04.2014 , 01:06 PM | #257
My only question would be "Why yet another tier of gear?" Really? Do we need one? Most people don't have want's out there now and we're going to have to just start grinding dailies to upgrade again? That, for me, is the absolutely most frustrating part of this game, period. IT's worse than poorly designed additions to GSF, it's worse than Arenea in PVP (and they are REALLY bad), it's worse than feeling like feedback from testing gets totally ignored.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
REGULATORS

AmanAman
02.04.2014 , 01:10 PM | #258
No level cap increase planned?

TravelersWay
02.04.2014 , 01:19 PM | #259
First, thanks for the info. Good to know what to look forward to.

Next, question for Bruce:
In the roadmap, you state wanting to extent time between updates/patches to help cut down on the bugs and other issues that naturally arise from them. I have no problem with the increase in time, but I would ask if part of this plan includes making better use of the PTS to help test these patches and get things fixed? Players have pretty much abandoned the PTS because it seems that even stuff we report doesn't seem to get fixed prior to going to launch, and the fact that the PTS is shut down between the major patches.

Personally speaking, adding a few incentives back (like the PTS titles) would help get more people testing, but more than that, using the PTS as an actual test center would prove even more beneficial. This doesn't just mean testing a specific piece of new content (like an Op or FP), but testing the game as a whole, especially in terms of class balance changes. When you change things in a class, it is equally important to see how those changes not only affect the class in end game, but leveling as well. The PTS can be a boon to helping SWTOR get better, but it needs to be put to good use, and part of that use is ensuring it is mirroring the live servers + the latest patch to be tested, it needs to be constantly available to players to use for testing, and it needs to have incentives to reward players for their time in using the PTS.
Level Syncing Compromise
Legacy Skills Suggestion to eliminate the need for Legacy Datacrons]

Wretched Hive Recap - the SWTOR forum (and more) discussion show!

DarthOvertone
02.04.2014 , 01:20 PM | #260
Quote: Originally Posted by RiVaN_ View Post
Actually there were a lot of people asking for Space combat and space pvp.
I recall there being a player poll in the first year at some point and the poll winner was more space combat. The main complaint at the time being there were no actual "Star Wars." Of course, the players wanted and expected a healthy mix of both PvE and PvP space content off rails. BW developed only one of those initially, but it appears there are Space Flashpoints on the way. So the Space PvE may still be incoming.

Quote: Originally Posted by Stoicraven View Post
A bolstered lvl 30 is not even remotely on point with a lvl 50, gear wise, ability wise any of that.
Obvious troll is obvious.

Quote: Originally Posted by Froippi View Post
hmm so one can assume the rise of hutt cartel style expansion we will have to pay for or will it be like makeb is currently where its free for subcribers
I would expect to pay for any expansion. The GSF freebie was a nice gesture by BW. Since I haven't played a minute of it on live though, I doubt I would have purchased that xpac.

Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshall View Post
Notice how only 1 guy in like 20, if that, said "Great, more GSF stuff"?
lol
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW