Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Producer's Road Map 2014

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GenhisAkahn
02.03.2014 , 02:38 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by KimuRave View Post
Metaphor for shutting SW:ToR down?
"With the galactic conflict reaching it's end." (Sorry idk how to quote those parts)

This is my only concern... As excited as I am for these updates. I sure hope this doesn't mean that Swtor is on it's last run or anything. I mean... I enjoy the game. It has it's ups and downs but still very much enjoyable. So... will more be coming in 2014 and stuff after these expansions or is the game gonna get shut down? Bioware? Someone? Clarify?

NoFishing
02.03.2014 , 02:39 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by alxmdsn View Post
Not quite sure how I feel about this.. I was expecting much bigger stuff. Not only do we have to wait two months for 2.7 (so much for the 6 wk content cycle) but we aren't even getting any new ops. Im excited to see where the story goes but imo NIM versions of DF/DP aren't enough raid wise. Don't misunderstand my reluctance, i love this game so much, mainly because of my love of Star Wars. It just seems like a kind of lackluster first half of the year compared to last year.
I have to agree. Based on that, we are looking at a minimum of August before we see a completely new operation, and that is disappointing. Unless they sneak in a new raid in 2.8, which seems unlikely since they have never released a NiM of one raid at the same time as a completely new one, it will be 10 months between new operations releases. I think that will be a new record.

So I wish there were fewer GSF updates, and more PvE raider content in that list.

DkSharktooth
02.03.2014 , 02:40 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by EzioMessi View Post
Happy to hear that the Huttball Wz is coming soon. Seriously can't wait for it.

Question to the Devs, are there any plans to incentivize Ranked PvP? Right now, it's pretty dead because of the lack of incentives.
The incentives will be when they announce what the rewards are for the season so people will try to rush and hustle last minute for that oh so anticipated recolored blurg mini pet reward that we all had on our wishlists.

EzioMessi
02.03.2014 , 02:44 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by DkSharktooth View Post
The incentives will be when they announce what the rewards are for the season so people will try to rush and hustle last minute for that oh so anticipated recolored blurg mini pet reward that we all had on our wishlists.
Yeah.. even if they do have amazing uber rewards planned for us, it would have made a lot more sense to tell us right at the start. Not a week before the end.

And given their track record, there won't be uber rewards. There'll be one speeder, that is probably a rehash of the Speeder which you get for 10k creds at the Tatooine market, and then they'll say it's too big and remove it.

Then there'll be a new set of cosmetic gear, which will be re-released a week later with no rating requirements or outright removed entirely, like they did with the Firebrand set.
Jung Ma - The Assassino Legacy <Dark Legion Empire>
Aetios - Level 55 Sentinel

EzioMessi
02.03.2014 , 02:45 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by GenhisAkahn View Post
"With the galactic conflict reaching it's end." (Sorry idk how to quote those parts)

This is my only concern... As excited as I am for these updates. I sure hope this doesn't mean that Swtor is on it's last run or anything. I mean... I enjoy the game. It has it's ups and downs but still very much enjoyable. So... will more be coming in 2014 and stuff after these expansions or is the game gonna get shut down? Bioware? Someone? Clarify?
They can't clarify. It will give them technical issues.

Kain_Turinbar
02.03.2014 , 02:45 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Don't be foolish. You're comparing apples to road apples. FPS in space is NOT the same as ground PvP.

There is a minimal gear grind advantage, which does not in and of itself deliver wins.
At least the "FPS in space" has WAY less stuttering and FPS drops. In fact I would call it non-existent in GSF......WZs though, different story.

Beslley
02.03.2014 , 02:45 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by EzioMessi View Post
Happy to hear that the Huttball Wz is coming soon. Seriously can't wait for it.
Unfortunately, I will still get civil war 90% of the time. Ugh.
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

DrewFromPhilly
02.03.2014 , 02:49 PM | #108
So we're counting flipping a switch to turn on double xp weekend or to recycle a past event as being part of your "new content" every 8 week goal? Oh sorry, your nine week goal.

Riiiiiiiiiight

Okamakiri
02.03.2014 , 02:50 PM | #109
2013/10/02 - 2.4 release of DF & DP
2014/04/08 - NiM DF (6 months of no update to DF)
2014/06/10 - NiM DP (8 months of no update to DP)

Given their track record, who knows how long they will leave us with NiM DF & DP before adding a new Op. So we're looking at a year+ of miliking the same 10 bosses? I defend this game all the time, but that is bs. Crap like this is what makes me want to unsub.
Blackburn - Assassin, Dovahkėėn - Marauder, Zarakė - Jugernaut, Hamza - Mercenary, Smith - Sniper

EzioMessi
02.03.2014 , 02:52 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by DrewFromPhilly View Post
So we're counting flipping a switch to turn on double xp weekend or to recycle a past event as being part of your "new content" every 8 week goal? Oh sorry, your nine week goal.

Riiiiiiiiiight
L2Math.

February 4th - April 8th == 64 days aka 9 weeks.

The March thing is not considered content, it's a double XP weekend, keeping with their 3 week minor update cycle, not their 9 week major update one.