Rage Jugger OR Marauder...?

iddqdwtf

Hey guys,

recently i started a rage juggernaut. I will just level to max and enjoy flashpoints (no PvP, no Endgame), i focused on rage for the enhanced AOE potential. I will NEVER tank on this char, i am lvl16 right now and for the first time i saw the talent tree of the marauder and hey, hey: the rage tree is nearly identically!

So what do you say, shall i swap to Marauder (as i enjoy the dps role MUCH more, the marauder has a lot more "cool" skills and also has 2 lightsabers ^^).

I am by no means a real beginner, i enjoy difficult to play characters, so what would you suggest? Is there still a reason to stay jugger?

If you're just into DPS and looking cool, a couple quick comparisons:

Jugg: Force push resets cooldown on leap, always fun to make a mob blow itself up with saber reflect :D

Marauder: Two lightsabers, Force camouflage, better defensive cooldowns than DPS jugg (with the above-listed exception), widely considered to have better group utility (unless your group has no armor reduction from a jugg tank and/or arsenal merc)

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

Bleeding targets makes me happy, but smash is seductive with its power to lay waste to all around you.

Reclipsed, true story here :)

I consider the middle tree as kinda boring to play, so the choice is between the left and right one, i will try both.

Great, thanks!

To all marauders: what spec did you enjoy (most fun, engaging, not only pressing one button) most while leveling?

I just get bored of rage really fast, so for me it's not even an option. My first char, and main till today, is my Carnage Marauder. Carnage feels amazing to play, and if you want actual fun and engaging gameplay, then for both Jugg and Mara Rage is the wrong tree simply because it's the simplest. On your jug you should try vengeance if you ever get him past 45, much more fun and cooler looking than rage IMO.

if you're just looking for damage numbers, then marauder is what you want. Personally, I like the Juggernaut, because they can wear heavy armor, do decent damage, and have alot of utility both in their immortal tree and vengeance tree. When it comes to the marauder however, I feel like rage is the most useless tree out of all of them. it gives you nothing but damage. Carnage and Annihilation however, have a fair amount of utility as well as damage. Edited by cool-dude

• 1 month later...

I prefer Carnage for my Marauder, the sheer amount of burst it brings to the table burries Rage. Contrary to popular belief though, the Juggernaut has the stronger Rage spec in terms of raw damage. The reason you would take a Marauders Rage spec is either for A: The DOTSmash Hybrid or B:The defensive CDs that Marauders get (Rage does a good job at buffing undying rage).

The reason pure rage Juggernauts can beat pure rage is 1)You can use Enrage more frequantly than Beserk which means more shockwave stacks which means more SMURSH 2) Single Sabre Mastery gives 6% raw damage boost to all force attacks 3) They have access to a mainstat % increase.

Juggernaut. Immortal (yes for pvp or leveling) or vengeance.

Rage is a waste of talents for a juggernaut, imho. You get so absolutely locked into the stance... at least with vengeance you CAN switch and guard a heal or mate if that one gets focussed.

And for the Marauder/Jugger choice:

Juggernaut: Intercede, Saberreflect, force-push, taunt, AE-taunt, guard, ... you get A LOT of cool stuff that you'll miss when going mara. The defense cooldowns of Juggernaught gets buffed... lets see how that will work on live.

Rage Jugg.

Enrage is 30s CD -2 seconds everytime you use assault, sundering assault, vicious slash, or scream. So basically you can get the CD reduced alot

Smash CD also goes down. You can use a dominating shockwave smash roughly every 6 seconds using this rotation:

enrage>charge>smash>ravage(+19% damage with set bonus)

sunder>crush>scream>obliterate>smash

Jugg also has alot of potential to move in and out of battle by using charge>(attacks)>intercede (to a far ally)

Also has interrupts - charge, disruption, intimidating roar, choke, push (also finishes CD on charge so charge, push, charge)

I've tried both Jugg and Mara in smash and prefer Jugg IMO