Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tips For Those New To GSF

renegadeimp
02.03.2014 , 10:58 AM | #11
The biggest thing wrong with GSF is the tutorial. It NEEDS to be fleshed out and be free roam with no time limit. Anyone new to GSF should be FORCED to play, and complete it, before they get into a real match.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

HoloGrinder
02.03.2014 , 11:41 AM | #12
The main tip that I have for fellow Imps is hang with it. Don't sweat the many losses or how unbalanced it is. Master a ship and life will be a little better. You still won't win much but at least you can take a few down with you.

I love the sting that I have mastered but any ship mastered will feel less like a victim albeit not much less if you are Imp. We need good pilots so please suffer through it so that we can try and balance the odds since the dev's apparently won't.

Advise to new pubs... Don't... There are to many already to the point where most of there matches is against other pubs. fly imp and help us balance the numbers and eventually the odds.

Xakthul
02.03.2014 , 01:20 PM | #13
My advice to anybody trying to play or kill a gunship: HUG THE F*CKING OBSTACLES! GSs are pretty bad at aiming if they don't master their railguns, so they often hit the object you're on top of.

As for the GS pilots: If you hug the asteroids, you can quickly hide when missiles lock, and possibly even get the enemy pilot to crash.
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

Sirdannik
02.03.2014 , 01:32 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by HoloGrinder View Post
The main tip that I have for fellow Imps is hang with it.
so far so good! Nice opener, good advise!

Don't sweat the many losses or how unbalanced it is. Master a ship and life will be a little better. You still won't win much but at least you can take a few down with you.
This has the distinct ring of a L2P issue...

I love the sting that I have mastered but any ship mastered will feel less like a victim albeit not much less if you are Imp. We need good pilots so please suffer through it so that we can try and balance the odds since the dev's apparently won't.
Sadly, you resort back to your personal agenda here. Give it up man. Your cries of 'the factions are imbalanced, DEVS HELP!' are unfounded, and the devs aren't going to 'fix the imbalance' because:

1. The only imbalances are skill and organization.

2. Being more skilled/organized than someone is a fair way to beat them.

Advise to new pubs... Don't... There are to many already to the point where most of there matches is against other pubs. fly imp and help us balance the numbers and eventually the odds.
The last quote here is why I responded at all (I figure if you are ignored for long enough, you'll go away), because you're advise to new pubs really pissed me off.

Your best advise to republic exclusive players who want to get into GSF is "Don't"?!

Seriously?!

Is it possible to read that and respect your opinion at all (excluding your imagined imbalance that you feel the devs should fix)? I think not.
Remmy-d (Scoundrel, 51)
Shadowlands

Armonddd
02.03.2014 , 01:37 PM | #15
The main tip that I have for fellow Imps is hang with it. Don't sweat the many losses or how unbalanced it is. Master a ship and life will be a little better. You still won't win much but at least you can take a few down with you.

Please take your server's issues to your server's forum. Thanks.
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

HoloGrinder
02.03.2014 , 03:22 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Sirdannik View Post
so far so good! Nice opener, good advise!

This has the distinct ring of a L2P issue...

Sadly, you resort back to your personal agenda here. Give it up man. Your cries of 'the factions are imbalanced, DEVS HELP!' are unfounded, and the devs aren't going to 'fix the imbalance' because:

1. The only imbalances are skill and organization.

2. Being more skilled/organized than someone is a fair way to beat them.

The last quote here is why I responded at all (I figure if you are ignored for long enough, you'll go away), because you're advise to new pubs really pissed me off.

Your best advise to republic exclusive players who want to get into GSF is "Don't"?!

Seriously?!

Is it possible to read that and respect your opinion at all (excluding your imagined imbalance that you feel the devs should fix)? I think not.
There are 2 imbalances and you are not wrong about skill being one of them. An overwhelming amount of skill on one side leading to easy victory, kills, and upgrades makes it a skill + upgrades problem actually and that is just the first imbalance. That one is not why intervention needs to happen.

The second imbalance is a direct result of the first however. The second imbalance is the one that is dangerous to GSF's success. It is in player population in GSF. Most imps have walked away from GSF because they can not win or they have switched to the republic so they can win. This leads to a majority of the republic matches being against other republic teams. This leads to an unsustainable imperial side with wait times in excess of an hour because they don't have enough imps to form a team. as it snow balls the wait times make more people give up on it or switch to the republic side. I have waited more than an hour on many occasions due to this.

They should get rid of the "war game" same side matches and that would help with the second problem but the greater issue is the massive amount of people being turned off by it. The Empire needs more pilots and more pilots that stick it out and become skilled or this will soon be a pub only game mode. Deny the problem if you want inevitability is inevitability and if you choose to farm noobs until the end that's exactly what will happen as the end will come inevitably on the current course.

My agenda is lets fix whats wrong so this expansion won't fail. If you like GSF it should be your agenda too but farming noobs is more fun huh? As far as pissing you off I intend to campaign for a resolution to this very real problem until they fix it or do nothing and let it kill GSF, As often and as loud as I can with as much help as I can gather because I want to be a part of the solution . Another-words If you are the problem I will piss you off but rest assured I take pride in it.

HoloGrinder
02.03.2014 , 03:23 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Armonddd View Post
Please take your server's issues to your server's forum. Thanks.
It's a GSF issue and I'm on the GSF forum but thanks.

Mikla
02.03.2014 , 09:32 PM | #18
A couple of late tips to get us back on track.

1. Skill matters more than upgrades, you can win without a mastered ship so don't think you need better gear to do better, what you need is practice. I have flown 600+ matches mostly solo and still have yet to fully master a ship. I have ships on about 7 different toons both imp and Pub and I do fine with barely any upgrades.
2. Don't be discouraged if everyone on your team has only 2 or 3 ships and the opposition is all 5's I've won matches like that and they have often been some of the best and closet games I've played.
3. If you find yourself on the wrong side of a turkey shoot dont quit - try and get away from the main slaughter and take out a turret or two or attack a loner on his way back to the front, dont keep repeating an action that got you killed, attack a different target, fly a different ship, approach from a different angle until something works.

dancezwithnubz
02.03.2014 , 09:38 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Mikla View Post
A couple of late tips to get us back on track.

1. Skill matters more than upgrades, you can win without a mastered ship so don't think you need better gear to do better, what you need is practice. I have flown 600+ matches mostly solo and still have yet to fully master a ship. I have ships on about 7 different toons both imp and Pub and I do fine with barely any upgrades.
2. Don't be discouraged if everyone on your team has only 2 or 3 ships and the opposition is all 5's I've won matches like that and they have often been some of the best and closet games I've played.
3. If you find yourself on the wrong side of a turkey shoot dont quit - try and get away from the main slaughter and take out a turret or two or attack a loner on his way back to the front, dont keep repeating an action that got you killed, attack a different target, fly a different ship, approach from a different angle until something works.
quoted for truth.

Sirdannik
02.03.2014 , 09:59 PM | #20
The second imbalance is a direct result of the first however. The second imbalance is the one that is dangerous to GSF's success. It is in player population in GSF. Most imps have walked away from GSF because they can not win or they have switched to the republic so they can win. This leads to a majority of the republic matches being against other republic teams. This leads to an unsustainable imperial side with wait times in excess of an hour because they don't have enough imps to form a team. as it snow balls the wait times make more people give up on it or switch to the republic side. I have waited more than an hour on many occasions due to this.
Then I feel like you should be trying to rally and/or recruit imp pilots instead of looking to the devs for an intervention.

They should get rid of the "war game" same side matches and that would help with the second problem but the greater issue is the massive amount of people being turned off by it. The Empire needs more pilots and more pilots that stick it out and become skilled or this will soon be a pub only game mode.
I agree with you that getting rid of the same faction war game mode would help a great deal.

My agenda is lets fix whats wrong so this expansion won't fail. If you like GSF it should be your agenda too but farming noobs is more fun huh? As far as pissing you off I intend to campaign for a resolution to this very real problem until they fix it or do nothing and let it kill GSF, As often and as loud as I can with as much help as I can gather because I want to be a part of the solution . Another-words If you are the problem I will piss you off but rest assured I take pride in it.
I never said (or implied) that farming noobs was fun, because in fact I don't think it's fun at all. My best memories of GSF are the 1000 - 900+ games (win or loss) where sats traded control until the very end. I believe the matchmaker isn't working right (or at all) due to the fact that the game hasn't fully launched.

What pissed me off was instead of being a figurehead for the imp side and doing all you can on here (and in game, though I don't know what you've done in game to this end, so I won't assume you've done nothing) to rally/recruit them and/or get pub pilots to play on the imp side IN ADDITION to the pub side, you simply told them not to play, or to only play imp.
Remmy-d (Scoundrel, 51)
Shadowlands