Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So what happens when you max affection with your follower?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So what happens when you max affection with your follower?

HumbleJedi
02.02.2014 , 05:34 AM | #1
Just curious on this one.

I have Kira Carson as my follower cause shes my Padawan and not to mention i dig her :P

Anyone who has had her and you max affection with her, What happens afterwards? does anything special happen?
I walked the Path of Darkness & it scared me to go back to walk the Path of Lightness!
Romire - Jedi Sentinal / Shamina - Jedi Sentinal / Sinmire Sith Juggernaut - AU player
Click here for my Referal Link, We get awesome goodies!

Sauin
02.02.2014 , 05:43 AM | #2
You get access to all the companion conversations and missions if they have any (this is also dependent on your progress in the class story). You also have a higher chance of scoring a critical result on crafting missions you send them on as well as reducing the time it takes them to complete the crafting mission or item.
"I was gonna pwn the galaxy tonight, but I took a patch in the knee "

Darth_Wicked
02.02.2014 , 05:49 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by HumbleJedi View Post

I have Kira Carson as my follower cause shes my Padawan and not to mention i dig her :P

Anyone who has had her and you max affection with her, What happens afterwards? does anything special happen?
What happens is that you get to know a bit more of her background, plus access to this companion mission, pertaining a very specific character in your storyline.

This is actually one of the most relevant companion missions in the whole game IMO.

Ferrety
02.02.2014 , 06:54 AM | #4
You also get a Legacy Buff to certain stat's once per companion.

(The buff doesn't stack if you do it on two different chars with two different companions)

Darth_Wicked
02.02.2014 , 06:58 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ferrety View Post
You also get a Legacy Buff to certain stat's once per companion.

(The buff doesn't stack if you do it on two different chars with two different companions)
More like a boost to certain stats, not a Buff. Also, the restriction concerns the kind of companion it is...

For example, if one maxes out both Nadia and Kira, on different characters, it won't stack up. If one maxes Nadia and Tharan, seeing that Tharan is a healer and not a Melee DPS, a different stat altogether is boosted.

Damask_Rose
02.02.2014 , 11:16 AM | #6
And then she will never talk to you again.

Callaron
02.02.2014 , 11:18 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
Ain't that the sad truth.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

TheOuroborus
02.02.2014 , 12:27 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
If you max affection points (10K) on any companion, you will receive an Achievement. You'll see it flash on the screen when you do. Companion conversations are tied to, but independent of max affection points. You unlock a companions icon in Legacy 10+ Presence boosts each when you've finished the last conversation (most all conversation arcs are just that, but each profession has a companion that will have actual missions to complete in order to unlock them). You won't be able to finish any storyline arc until you're around level 40 or so (I forget exactly when... so don't worry when they go silent on you for long periods of time).

After you've maxed affection points and gained the Achievement for that companion, you can still lose points with them (though you won't lose the Achievement). This is truly frustrating for anyone, like myself, that values things like codex, legacy and achievements. The system won't give you any points above 10K, but it will take them away. So, if this bothers you, keep some cheaper gifts in inventory that you know your companion likes and max them out every once in a while.

And yes, once the final companion conversation is done, they don't talk to you again (aside from the automated environments sound bites).
Q'uo-daax 65 Shadow | Uma-ka 58 Sentinel | Lyralia 55 Commando | Zo-en 55 Scoundrel
Syaia 56 Marauder | Xto'en 65 Sorcerer | A'saj 62 Assassin
Ixa-sha 55 Mercenary | B'dia 55 Operative

Founder, Legacy 50 On Begeren Colony

Lunafox
02.02.2014 , 01:55 PM | #9
They'll play a cute little 'dumpdy da' drum roll at the end of the last conversation, marking that you will never ever ever ever ever get to speak to your SO or friend ever again.

10K is the death of meaningful interaction with your spouse and crew. I think we should spam Bioware with posts that we want more, and they should extend companion stories so we can interact with them more.

Foxtrotmikelima
02.02.2014 , 02:31 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by HumbleJedi View Post

Every maxed companion affection subrtracts a minute off your Heroic Moment and adds 12 seconds to it. You can max out the Heroic Moment with one of each type of companion.
The First Jedi Principle of Combat: Survive - Obi-Wan Kenobi