Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Operative Healer Gearing Strategy?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
PvP Operative Healer Gearing Strategy?

Syrlex
02.01.2014 , 03:15 AM | #1
I am learning PvP on my Operative Healer and having quite a bit of fun. I am now in full Conqueror gear (2018 Expertise) with the expected Obroan Relics (SA and FR) and completely unoptimized stats (Crit Rating, Surge Rating and Alacrity Rating). I am looking for advice in several aspects of gearing, because I have not been able to find agreeable answers anywhere.

1) Clearly the Conquerer mods and enhancements are not optimal. Should I upgrade my mods and enhancements before or after (or both) upgrading to Obroan gear? Please explain why.

2) What do you think are good (I will never ask "the best" because this is too difficult to prove) target ratings for Crit, Surge and Alacrity? In PvE, suggestions for these targets are not so diffiucult to find (again, I am not claiming any particular set of targets are the best -- that is a separate discussion which I want to avoid). But it seems good PvP targets are not so easy to find (please do not suggest Noxxic. I like Noxxic for first impressions, but nothing more -- personal opinion).

Also, one thing that puzzles me about 2018 Expertise is that I still get absolutely pounded by enemies in Warzones. I cannot figure out why. I accept that maybe I am not using my Warzone Adrenals optimally, but should I really be dying so quickly when enemy teams focus on me (in random warzones which apparently do not contain premades).

Suggestions and advice greatly appreciated.

Overtone
02.01.2014 , 10:57 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Syrlex View Post
I am learning PvP on my Operative Healer and having quite a bit of fun. I am now in full Conqueror gear (2018 Expertise) with the expected Obroan Relics (SA and FR) and completely unoptimized stats (Crit Rating, Surge Rating and Alacrity Rating). I am looking for advice in several aspects of gearing, because I have not been able to find agreeable answers anywhere.

1) Clearly the Conquerer mods and enhancements are not optimal. Should I upgrade my mods and enhancements before or after (or both) upgrading to Obroan gear? Please explain why.

2) What do you think are good (I will never ask "the best" because this is too difficult to prove) target ratings for Crit, Surge and Alacrity? In PvE, suggestions for these targets are not so diffiucult to find (again, I am not claiming any particular set of targets are the best -- that is a separate discussion which I want to avoid). But it seems good PvP targets are not so easy to find (please do not suggest Noxxic. I like Noxxic for first impressions, but nothing more -- personal opinion).

Also, one thing that puzzles me about 2018 Expertise is that I still get absolutely pounded by enemies in Warzones. I cannot figure out why. I accept that maybe I am not using my Warzone Adrenals optimally, but should I really be dying so quickly when enemy teams focus on me (in random warzones which apparently do not contain premades).

Suggestions and advice greatly appreciated.
Read the bolster thread in the pvp section.
Rip out the mods in the WZ gear and put them adaptive gear, augment your adaptive gear. As you have to turn in the Conqueror shells to get the Obroan gear.

Personally I run with 46/46/46+power crystal+augment on my weapons and I am right now at raid buffed and stim
31k health
986 bonus heal
28 crit
71% surge
7.08% alacrity
2018 EXP

I am running with level 54 implants as well to add to my secondary stats. I can afford to lose some cirt and put more into power but as of right now I don't mind. Seems to work just fine for me. Yes, when you are focused fired you will die and should die. 1 on 1 you should live, 2 on 1 (if you are good) you can live for awhile, 3+ on 1 kiss your a** goodbye
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
If I can use blue 46s armorings/mods/enhancements in all of my armor and mh/oh and have competitive stats in a PvP environment, why cant I use that same gear to be competitive in PvE?
Seems like a double standard to me.

Syrlex
02.01.2014 , 11:50 PM | #3
Thank you for the response. I think I understand most of what youare saying, but just let me check ...

I found the thread you mean. It is stickied in the PvP forums and is this one. (Please correct me if I am wrong.)

Wow, what an eye-opener!

I have started to upgrade my gear but I have more questions (natrually ...):

1) Where do these 63 weapons drop? I recall seeing a sudden increase in the shouts on fleet for EC HM during the Christmas Holiday. I am guessing this might not have been a coincidence.

2) I am not certain what you mean by "46" ... do you mean the mods with 55 cunning and 46 power (this seems to make sense, but maybe I should not assume). Or does "46" mean level 46 crafted/PvE mods (it would somehow be surprising if these were useful).

3) Still needing some advice for decent Crit, Surge and Alacrity Rating targets.

Thanks in advance for continued advice.

Overtone
02.02.2014 , 06:12 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Syrlex View Post
Thank you for the response. I think I understand most of what youare saying, but just let me check ...

I found the thread you mean. It is stickied in the PvP forums and is this one. (Please correct me if I am wrong.)

Wow, what an eye-opener!

I have started to upgrade my gear but I have more questions (natrually ...):

1) Where do these 63 weapons drop? I recall seeing a sudden increase in the shouts on fleet for EC HM during the Christmas Holiday. I am guessing this might not have been a coincidence.

2) I am not certain what you mean by "46" ... do you mean the mods with 55 cunning and 46 power (this seems to make sense, but maybe I should not assume). Or does "46" mean level 46 crafted/PvE mods (it would somehow be surprising if these were useful).

3) Still needing some advice for decent Crit, Surge and Alacrity Rating targets.

Thanks in advance for continued advice.
1. Those are the mode levels. As of right now there a a tone of different combinations out there. And that thread was the right one.

2. It means the mod level. You know how you can view your weapon and next to the mod it has a value, that's the value I am talking about. EX: My barrels are the blue Skill Barrel 20 (mod value 46)

3. All debatable. Some say having crit ~25% is the "golden spot" before DR creeps in, 70%-72% for surge, alacrity I run with 7%

My stats outside of a WZ:
25.24% crit
69.36% surge
6.33% alacrity
689 bonus healing

My stats inside a WZ:
27.02% crit
71.16% surge
7.08% alacrity
1003 bonus healing (got some new gloves)

I am very hard to kill and I am usually top healer in WZs
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
If I can use blue 46s armorings/mods/enhancements in all of my armor and mh/oh and have competitive stats in a PvP environment, why cant I use that same gear to be competitive in PvE?
Seems like a double standard to me.

IInox
02.09.2014 , 10:56 AM | #5
can u use rating points pls?
[Shadow DPS] Inox @ The Red Ecplise
New Shadow Balance in training!
All 3 Shadow/Assassin Spec Compendiums ( Updated Inf/Dec for 3.0!!)

Amonkiratainted
02.23.2014 , 02:55 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Overtone View Post
Read the bolster thread in the pvp section.
Rip out the mods in the WZ gear and put them adaptive gear, augment your adaptive gear. As you have to turn in the Conqueror shells to get the Obroan gear.

Personally I run with 46/46/46+power crystal+augment on my weapons and I am right now at raid buffed and stim
31k health
986 bonus heal
28 crit
71% surge
7.08% alacrity
2018 EXP

I am running with level 54 implants as well to add to my secondary stats. I can afford to lose some cirt and put more into power but as of right now I don't mind. Seems to work just fine for me. Yes, when you are focused fired you will die and should die. 1 on 1 you should live, 2 on 1 (if you are good) you can live for awhile, 3+ on 1 kiss your a** goodbye
Hey mate. I was wondering - would it be possible for you to share your build? I'm a returning vet, from 1.6. And alot has apparently happened since then.

Full-time healing operative btw.