PvP, Vigilance tree and stats...

Hanonar

I like vigilance in PvP but the stat budget ive read and been recommended is 95ish accuracy, 25% crit and 70 something surge... For some reason it just doesn't sit well with me.... is there a way i could stat budget for 100% accuracy or at least a way for less RNG reliant damage? Or is it just 'these stats or die'

95% accuracy is due to most classes having 5% base dodge chance instead of the 10% that PVE bosses have. Sages, Shadows, Assassins, and Sorcerers do have 10% dodge chance baseline, but it doesn't hurt your DPS enough to full accuracy with the current stat budget.

Crit should be way lower than 25%. Vigilance has no surge talents or procs/mechanics based off crit. If it did, crit would have more value. A small amount is fine, but you should be fine with all power as well. Again, if there was a higher stat budget, crit would start making more sense.

I run 95% accuracy, 19% crit on my Guardian.

I run 19% crit (18%+1%from companion), 92% (91%+1%from companion) accuracy and 76.7% (75.7%+1% from companion) surge, and I'm still in unaugmented Conq on my Veng jug. I might get 1 crit enhancement when I switch to full Obroan so that the Surge DR don't get too big.