Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Scheduled Maintenance: February 4th

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Scheduled Maintenance: February 4th
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
01.31.2014 , 07:39 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by stealthrider View Post
Except for becoming the third worst DPS spec (after being above-average, and not by much) and losing the skill that made up 11% of its DPS. And being forced to live with this for a while so we "get used to it" and aren't as pissed off when the second phase of nerfs comes and kicks us when we're down.
I find that hard to believe. Then again everyone makes those magical 5 min parses on a dummy the end all be all of statistics even though dummy parses are regularly considered worthless in almost every mmo.

DarthVengeant's Avatar


DarthVengeant
01.31.2014 , 08:12 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorei View Post
I don't want this to come, I don't want my Orbital Strike to become an Orbital pat
What the heck are you talking about? o_O Who said anything about OS?

zreangr's Avatar


zreangr
01.31.2014 , 08:35 PM | #13
Yeeeessss.... My Operative's knives are sharpened. The complaints of the snipers and marauders shall make me stronger. We have waited in the shadows, biding our time, waiting for the right moment to strike. Now.. It comes!

MWHAHAHAHA!

Yeah. But seriously, 2.6 looks great. Not just for the Operative buffs, but the GSF stuff as well, and the new FP!

Looking forward to Tuesday!
Nerfpls, 55 Powertech Iankas, 55 Sniper
The Harbinger
Check out my referral link and get teh 1337 l00tz!
http://www.swtor.com/r/8b6N2S

Zorvan's Avatar


Zorvan
01.31.2014 , 08:46 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorei View Post
I don't want this to come, I don't want my Orbital Strike to become an Orbital pat
It's funny, but in the entire time of leveling my Sniper, I used Orbital Strike all of about 3 times. On Fleet. As a fireworks show. I just don't see the big deal over it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Scarr_swtor View Post
Can you guys get anything correct!
There is a very useful site in which you need to have all your employees get to know it is a World Clock it has a fabulous feature that will enable anyone convert between timezones something you are very lacking in ability.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

this is a link with the work already done for you just in case you cant read.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...&p1=137&p2=136

Maybe just maybe you may get it correct next time but I wont hold my breathe as I will go quite blue that I am sure.
Long as he gets the PST time right, I could care less about the rest.
Thinking of returning to SWToR as a subscriber, or want to subscribe for the first time?
Please use my referral so we both get cool stuff. Thanks.
http://www.swtor.com/r/V7xMPn

stealthrider's Avatar


stealthrider
01.31.2014 , 09:13 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I find that hard to believe. Then again everyone makes those magical 5 min parses on a dummy the end all be all of statistics even though dummy parses are regularly considered worthless in almost every mmo.
You clearly haven't been reading, then. Go back and read the Dev post on the matter that I paraphrased, then go read the mathed-out OS posts on both the sniper forums and PTS. We've had more than enough time to gather statistics on the nerf, and they're universally awful. And this is just the "first phase," there are more nerfs coming. To a class that wasn't overperforming by any stretch. And has already become the third worst spec after just this one nerf.

So go read up on what's happening, then tell me with a straight face that it isn't as bad as we're making it out to be. You won't be able to, I guarantee it.
 /l、
(゚、 。 7 - Adorable cat is adorable.
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
01.31.2014 , 09:26 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by stealthrider View Post
You clearly haven't been reading, then. Go back and read the Dev post on the matter that I paraphrased, then go read the mathed-out OS posts on both the sniper forums and PTS. We've had more than enough time to gather statistics on the nerf, and they're universally awful. And this is just the "first phase," there are more nerfs coming. To a class that wasn't overperforming by any stretch. And has already become the third worst spec after just this one nerf.

So go read up on what's happening, then tell me with a straight face that it isn't as bad as we're making it out to be. You won't be able to, I guarantee it.
I've seen all the numbers, but I also think dummy parses are a complete joke. So you can't use an aoe ability that was never intended to be used in single target rotation anymore...big whoop. Your class will be completely fine.

Rasen's Avatar


Rasen
01.31.2014 , 09:34 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by stealthrider View Post
You clearly haven't been reading, then. Go back and read the Dev post on the matter that I paraphrased, then go read the mathed-out OS posts on both the sniper forums and PTS. We've had more than enough time to gather statistics on the nerf, and they're universally awful. And this is just the "first phase," there are more nerfs coming. To a class that wasn't overperforming by any stretch. And has already become the third worst spec after just this one nerf.

So go read up on what's happening, then tell me with a straight face that it isn't as bad as we're making it out to be. You won't be able to, I guarantee it.
Come on man. Same was said for Shadow tanks, Sentinels and many more and we're all fine and spectacular ******es! You will continue to be a magnificent man too!

stealthrider's Avatar


stealthrider
02.01.2014 , 12:26 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I've seen all the numbers, but I also think dummy parses are a complete joke. So you can't use an aoe ability that was never intended to be used in single target rotation anymore...big whoop. Your class will be completely fine.
Dummy parses were compared to parses from each and every raid. In only one instance did an MM sniper parse better than other classes, boosting its average to third worst instead of overall worst.

Sorry. You're wrong. Go read more.

The difference with this and the other class nerfs? There's *nothing* to compensate Snipers for losing 10-12% of their DPS. It's just gone.
 /l、
(゚、 。 7 - Adorable cat is adorable.
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
02.01.2014 , 12:50 AM | #19
Make it a good month for me, Bioware, I beg you.

My birthday in few days, PC already ordered and arriving shortly, DX Racer chair on its way, Guardian / Juggernaut buff which will make me a considerably powerful raider... Ah, Bioware throw in my desired simple, hoodless or hood-down Jedi garments and you'll make me happy for the whole year. I love February so far - make it a month of the year for me with this simple piece of digital clothing :]

Here I come, foes, to ravage you with my double ravage opener!
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Zorvan's Avatar


Zorvan
02.01.2014 , 01:09 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
DX Racer chair on its way
I just googled that. I want one now.

Edit: At least I did until I saw the prices.

I'll pass, me thinks.
Thinking of returning to SWToR as a subscriber, or want to subscribe for the first time?
Please use my referral so we both get cool stuff. Thanks.
http://www.swtor.com/r/V7xMPn