Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The REAL Most Powerful Revisited

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The REAL Most Powerful Revisited

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.01.2014 , 01:37 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
See all of this crap makes absolutely NO SENSE. You claim she was some how immune to Malachor V and yet then talk about how it affected her greatly causing her Nausea and greatly impending both her abilities and mental soundness. So there is nothing pointing to her Wound protecting her here. ESPECIALLY with that quote you just gave of Malachor V. It DOESNT say it was the most powerful Dark Side Nexus of all time all it does is describe a Dark Side Nexi. Its perfectly describing a Dark side Nexus "It corrupts all that walks on its surface—drowns them in the power of the dark side. It corrupts all life, and it feeds on death." that is the description of what a Dark Side Nexus is. If the FORCE is created by life then a Corruption of that would litterally be called corrupting life and feeding on death, all she did was describe the nature of a Dark Side Nexus.
I have one query, where did I state that on Malachor V Meetra has difficult calling on the Force and where is it stated that she did? Because as far as I'm aware while Meetra may have felt nauseated on Malachor I can't think of any evidence that shows her abilities were severely dampened, in game or outside of it...

Anyway I'd also point out that a wound in the Force doesn't nullify your senses. She'd still be able to feel the dark side presence on Malachor, and she'd still be able to hear the echoes. But the planet would be unable to drown her in the dark side because she cannot be acted upon, and it would not be able to devour her because there is nothing there.

Concerning Malachor V, it is explicitly different from other dark side nexuses. If Dromund Kaas were like Malachor for example do you know what would happen? Every non-Force sensitive on the planet would slowly die, every minor-Force sensitive on the planet would be reduced to a husk and everyone above would have a piece eaten out of them as well.

Malachor is much much more than just a dark side nexus, its a wound in the Force. To be in its presence is to slowly be eaten away, to remain in its presence is to be devoured. And to fall to the dark side is inevitable. The assassins on Malachor V cannot even speak. Nihilus became what he is by being abandoned on the world.

On top of that, its a cycle. A wound in the Force reverberates with the pain, suffering and death that created it, and then it feeds of that, propagating dark side energy in the process which it also feeds on, only to create more echoes.

None of this happens on Korriban, Dromund Kaas, Ziost etc. else Revan would have used these planets as well as Malachor V to break Jedi, yet he only ever used Malachor V. Why is that? Go figure.

And this makes it quite deadly, especially one would imagine to wielders of the light side of the Force. Especially those of the Exile's caliber. Which may in part explain why, despite being a wound in the Force, she was negatively affected, it is after all screaming with the echoes of the dead and awash with the dark side that the Exile would be able to feel. However I can't imagine it went as far as to diminish her Force strength, her wound would protect her.

Now concerning her apparently feeling "comfort" on Dromund Kaas (which I don't actually recall but whatever) what Drew must have been referring to here is the presence of the Force, in whatever form, as opposed to the complete and utter emptiness of Nathema that would have punched her in the gut. If you really think Drew was implying that the dark side was in some way in kinship with her wound in the Force then you have your head screwed on backwards.

Nonetheless you can't expect a plot hole created by Drew to be resolved by his novel now can you?

LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
02.01.2014 , 01:45 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I have one query, where did I state that on Malachor V Meetra has difficult calling on the Force and where is it stated that she did? Because as far as I'm aware while Meetra may have felt nauseated on Malachor I can't think of any evidence that shows her abilities were severely dampened, in game or outside of it...

Anyway I'd also point out that a wound in the Force doesn't nullify your senses. She'd still be able to feel the dark side presence on Malachor, and she'd still be able to hear the echoes. But the planet would be unable to drown her in the dark side because she cannot be acted upon, and it would not be able to devour her because there is nothing there.

Concerning Malachor V, it is explicitly different from other dark side nexuses. If Dromund Kaas were like Malachor for example do you know what would happen? Every non-Force sensitive on the planet would slowly die, every minor-Force sensitive on the planet would be reduced to a husk and everyone above would have a piece eaten out of them as well.

Malachor is much much more than just a dark side nexus, its a wound in the Force. To be in its presence is to slowly be eaten away, to remain in its presence is to be devoured. And to fall to the dark side is inevitable. The assassins on Malachor V cannot even speak. Nihilus became what he is by being abandoned on the world.

On top of that, its a cycle. A wound in the Force reverberates with the pain, suffering and death that created it, and then it feeds of that, propagating dark side energy in the process which it also feeds on, only to create more echoes.

None of this happens on Korriban, Dromund Kaas, Ziost etc. else Revan would have used these planets as well as Malachor V to break Jedi, yet he only ever used Malachor V. Why is that? Go figure.

And this makes it quite deadly, especially one would imagine to wielders of the light side of the Force. Especially those of the Exile's caliber. Which may in part explain why, despite being a wound in the Force, she was negatively affected, it is after all screaming with the echoes of the dead and awash with the dark side that the Exile would be able to feel. However I can't imagine it went as far as to diminish her Force strength, her wound would protect her.

Now concerning her apparently feeling "comfort" on Dromund Kaas (which I don't actually recall but whatever) what Drew must have been referring to here is the presence of the Force, in whatever form, as opposed to the complete and utter emptiness of Nathema that would have punched her in the gut. If you really think Drew was implying that the dark side was in some way in kinship with her wound in the Force then you have your head screwed on backwards.

Nonetheless you can't expect a plot hole created by Drew to be resolved by his novel now can you?
Ah you have done my work for me, thank you, but yes this aptly describes the very important differences between the two events here.
Kote! Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.
Battle Honour

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
02.01.2014 , 02:08 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
l wasn't trying to compare it to anything, I was trying to see what we know it has actually done.
Pretty much the Video's beni Linked.

It allowed her to form bonds, It allowed her to Leech off others, It allowed her to not be Force Drained. etc etc.

One thing though, further proof it was gone by Natheema/Kaas is the fact she didn't use it on the Emperor.

She was willing to kill herself to save the Republic, (And Revan even) and she would go to any lengths possible to do it, she's always been shown to be the type of person to do what must be done, no matter the Consequences, and I feel if she was still a Wound, she would have drained the Emperor of his power to weaken him, allowing for the Duel to tip to their favor, especially because it was a suicide mission anyway, they never intended to get off Dromund Kaas.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
02.01.2014 , 02:10 PM | #64
Also, the Nausea of Malachor could also be put down to the Fact that as she walked its surface, she was constantly reminded that she created this.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
02.01.2014 , 02:31 PM | #65
Sel, did you see my question?
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
02.01.2014 , 02:35 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Sel, did you see my question?
Ummm... What question? 0.0
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
02.01.2014 , 02:37 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Ummm... What question? 0.0
Here:

Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
On a side-note, Sel, you read the Jabiim series, right?
If the answer is yes, I have a follow-up question.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
02.01.2014 , 02:40 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Here:
If the answer is yes, I have a follow-up question.
Yes.

On to question 2!
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
02.01.2014 , 02:43 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Yes.

On to question 2!
What did you think of Mak Lotor in the context of this topic?
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.01.2014 , 02:57 PM | #70
Anyway shall we get back to the article? Everyone seems to be agreement but I'd like to see some thoughts on this, we shouldn't underestimate Kyp who possesses a great deal of raw power, and while I feel Revan possesses enough power to surpass him, I'm not confident on Meetra. Unfortunately there is little to compare.