Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The REAL Most Powerful Revisited

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The REAL Most Powerful Revisited

Selenial
02.01.2014 , 12:36 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Hmm...you know looking at it now this whole "Wound in The Force" thing just seems overhyped. I mean what did it actually do? Protect Surik from Nihilus' and his Force Drain right? Aside from that?
Im not going to reply to Tune, too monumental of a task for an IPhone, but This is what I think needs to be stated.

Meetra's wound protected her from Malachor absorbing her force energy.

This is what it did, it fed off you and weakened you until you were forced to summon the power of the Dark Side to keep you sustained.

What the wound didn't protect was the constant hammering of the Dark Side, trying to corrupt her, so that's what she had to deal with.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.

Beniboybling
02.01.2014 , 12:42 PM | #52
Hmm...you know looking at it now this whole "Wound in The Force" thing just seems overhyped. I mean what did it actually do? Protect Surik from Nihilus' and his Force Drain right? Aside from that?
I don't understand... what exactly are you getting at?

Wolfninjajedi
02.01.2014 , 12:46 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I don't understand...
What it says Beni....but I got it don't worry. No I got what it is, what it does is what I"m trying to figure out.

Quote:
Meetra's wound protected her from Malachor absorbing her force energy.

This is what it did, it fed off you and weakened you until you were forced to summon the power of the Dark Side to keep you sustained.

What the wound didn't protect was the constant hammering of the Dark Side, trying to corrupt her, so that's what she had to deal with.
So it's just a glorified shield?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
02.01.2014 , 12:48 PM | #54
So it's just a glorified shield?
Its a rift where the Force does not exist?!

I'm confused as to what your expect, are getting at, what accusations you are making etc.

I'm also confused as to why your treating it as an ability...

Did you play KOTOR II?

Wolfninjajedi
02.01.2014 , 12:49 PM | #55
Its a rift where the Force does not exist?!

I'm confused as to what your expect, are getting at, what accusations you are making etc.

I'm also confused as to why your treating it as an ability...

Did you play KOTOR II?
I know what it is Beni, I'm just trying to figure out what it did.

Yes I played Kotor 2.

Beniboybling
02.01.2014 , 12:53 PM | #56
I know what it is Beni, I'm just trying to figure out what it did.

Yes I played Kotor 2.
Well that's the thing, its not a power so it doesn't 'do' anything. It just is. That's why I'm confused, its like asking 'what does the dark side do?' or 'what does the light side do?' - we can't approach these concepts in such a way.

But if you understand what it is, I don't feel any further explanation is necessary...

Wolfninjajedi
02.01.2014 , 12:56 PM | #57
Well that's the thing, its not a power so it doesn't 'do' anything. It just is. That's why I'm confused, its like asking 'what does the dark side do?' or 'what does the light side do?' - we can't approach these concepts in such a way.

But if you understand what it is, I don't feel any further explanation is necessary...
It is just....is, but it did protect her from Nihilus did it not? So there is that, among what others have said. So it did do some stuff, which is what I gathered.

Anyway will just drop this to move on. Abit I will admit, I kinda lost where I was going with it all anyway.

Beniboybling
02.01.2014 , 01:03 PM | #58
It is just....is, but it did protect her from Nihilus did it not? So there is that, among what others have said. So it did do some stuff, which is what I gathered.

Anyway will just drop this to move on.
If you understand what it is then you should understand that it can't be compared to something like Ulic's power or described as a "glorified shield" - your trying to define it by what it is.

Again its like saying the dark side is Force lightning or something. Its a lot more than just a shield, its a spot where the very will of the Force is denied and cannot exist in any shape or form. You can't define it by what it does.

Wolfninjajedi
02.01.2014 , 01:05 PM | #59
If you understand what it is then you should understand that it can't be compared to something like Ulic's power or described as a "glorified shield" - your trying to define it by what it is.

Again its like saying the dark side is Force lightning or something. Its a lot more than just a shield, its a spot where the very will of the Force is denied and cannot exist in any shape or form. You can't define it by what it does.
l wasn't trying to compare it to anything, I was trying to see what we know it has actually done.

Beniboybling
02.01.2014 , 01:28 PM | #60
l wasn't trying to compare it to anything, I was trying to see what we know it has actually done.
Well you kind of where but whatever. All I can suggest is that you listen to the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EtByaOxiwE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VvS5MLnG0Y

Hopefully that will demonstrate a wound in the Force do be a little more than just an ability/glorified shield.