Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The REAL Most Powerful Revisited

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The REAL Most Powerful Revisited

Beniboybling
02.12.2014 , 01:10 PM | #531
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Don't expect this debate to ever end if this argument just keeps going.

Seriously I only see one person challenging the current topic.

Sorry but Plagueis is the second most powerful Sith Lord of the Rule of Two, the Sith Emperor severely lacks in certain areas.

The grand comparison to be made over-all is the debate between who were the better type of Sith: Banite Sith that concentrated on internal power or the older Sith Lords that focused primarily on external ways of gaining or boosting their current power.

The Banite Sith are clearly the most practical and impressive of the two.
As of yet, nobody has put forward substantial evidence to support either side. The Sith Emperor is not a member of the Banite line, so that argument it moot. And Plagueis is severely lacking in areas in which the Emperor flourishes.

Nor do I feel Plagueis' (supposed) combat superiority is definite or relevant.

I'd certainly advise against comparing the merits of various Sith lineages which is even more irrelevant.

cs_zoltan
02.12.2014 , 01:11 PM | #532
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
I would like to propose Vader over Exar Kun in Saber skill.
I've beat you to it

Quote: Originally Posted by cs_zoltan View Post
My suggestions for discussion are (4.)Jaina vs (5.)Obi-Wan in the Jedi lightsaber duelist list and (3.)Kun vs (4.)Vader and (5.)Dooku on the sith one.
The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
Kéja || Kejann || Sänsa || Kyrí || Lamîa Maelin
The Ebon Hawk <Aisthesis>
Medin

tunewalker
02.12.2014 , 01:15 PM | #533
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
As of yet, nobody has put forward substantial evidence to support either side. The Sith Emperor is not a member of the Banite line, so that argument it moot. And Plagueis is severely lacking in areas in which the Emperor flourishes.

Nor do I feel Plagueis' (supposed) combat superiority is definite or relevant.

I'd certainly advise against comparing the merits of various Sith lineages which is even more irrelevant.
Agreed, unfortunately I havent read Plageuis novel so I am staying quiet on his feats. We need to really think about which one has shown more skill/ more power, but its really hard to determine when you really think about the fact that both of their greatest strengths come from non-combat abilities.

I think the big question is which is better draining a planet with the assistance of 8k sith lords to gain power, or Manipulating midichlorians.

Now personally I would say Midichlorians as, As far as i can tell, Force Drains gains are not permanant and can in fact be fleeting. The worse case of that being of course Nihilus who i believe likely would die if he didnt continue to drain on beings as his own life force was now tied into the energies he drained and because they were not naturally his own energies the power was constantly fleeting forcing him to HAVE to drain with a never ending instatiable thirst. But thats personal theory and understanding which we all know..... could be very wrong.

tunewalker
02.12.2014 , 01:17 PM | #534
Quote: Originally Posted by cs_zoltan View Post
I've beat you to it
Oops lol, well now we have at least 2 that are advocating for that particular one.

LadyKulvax
02.12.2014 , 01:18 PM | #535
The point has been missed completely.

Plagueis has far far superior Force Bolster, Force Speed and Telekinesis feats, has lightning strong enough to match the Emperor's and his Force Healing techniques combined with his Midichlorian Manipulation is far more impressive than the Sith Emperor's pseudo-Essence Transfer.

Personally I believe that Plagueis has shown far more impressive powers in many areas, including Foresight and Sense with his own naturally grown power than the Sith Emperor achieved in an entire millennia of un-natural boosting techniques such as rituals.
Kote! Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.
Battle Honour

Beniboybling
02.12.2014 , 01:34 PM | #536
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
I think the big question is which is better draining a planet with the assistance of 8k sith lords to gain power, or Manipulating midichlorians.

Now personally I would say Midichlorians as, As far as i can tell, Force Drains gains are not permanant and can in fact be fleeting. The worse case of that being of course Nihilus who i believe likely would die if he didnt continue to drain on beings as his own life force was now tied into the energies he drained and because they were not naturally his own energies the power was constantly fleeting forcing him to HAVE to drain with a never ending instatiable thirst. But thats personal theory and understanding which we all know..... could be very wrong.
Well, whilst among their most impressive feats, I don't think they can be directly compared. What being in differing spheres and all.

I don't have much to say concerning the power the Sith Emperor gained via Force drain, just the act of doing it.

Beniboybling
02.12.2014 , 01:41 PM | #537
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
The point has been missed completely.

Plagueis has far far superior Force Bolster, Force Speed and Telekinesis feats, has lightning strong enough to match the Emperor's and his Force Healing techniques combined with his Midichlorian Manipulation is far more impressive than the Sith Emperor's pseudo-Essence Transfer.

Personally I believe that Plagueis has shown far more impressive powers in many areas, including Foresight and Sense with his own naturally grown power than the Sith Emperor achieved in an entire millennia of un-natural boosting techniques such as rituals.
That funnily enough, was not included in the above point.

Concerning Force bolster and speed, pure assumption, I have little else to say there.

Concerning telekinesis, we lack comparative abilities.

Concerning lightning, I don't think we should so readily assume that disintegrating a non-Force sensitive is superior to subduing a group of powerful Force sensitives without the need of weakening them first.

I might agree with you concerning midichlorian manipulation, but the gap is hardly large, and I might agree with you concerning Foresight as well, but we have to remember Alter is superior to Control and Sense.

And finally power is power, we do not concern ourselves with the means. Altogether I think this demands a far closer reading, as opposed to dismissive statements claiming what is not in fact as self evident as you might believe.

Beniboybling
02.13.2014 , 05:35 AM | #538
We seemed to have stalled somewhat on the Plagueis vs Sith Emperor front. So I'm going to do a formal analysis when I have the time to start or end this - then we can move on to other articles and the duelist list.

Beniboybling
02.16.2014 , 09:21 AM | #539
Okey any further thoughts on this article? I think we need to move on here.

Selenial
02.16.2014 , 10:22 AM | #540
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Okey any further thoughts on this article? I think we need to move on here.
Call the Kaggath.

Oh, and Plageuis > Vitiate
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger