Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The REAL Most Powerful Revisited

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The REAL Most Powerful Revisited

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
02.11.2014 , 01:58 PM | #461
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I can't imagine where, your Royal Vagueness.

Wait, wait, its from here right!
lol, but no. Here:

Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
Lord Emperor would catch a lightsaber with his teeth and spit blaster projectiles into Revan.
Added Chapter 40 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.11.2014 , 02:00 PM | #462
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I can't be the only one who just read that the quote saying the Sith Emperor was more powerful than Nihilus...
Legend says a lot of things I disagree with, I'm since learned its best to ignore those that don't directly concern me...

That said I think Legend should be aware that Darth Nihilus is a natural phenomena/anomaly and not strictly a Force user with a distinct power level, therefore he is somewhat exempt to quotes claiming the Sith Emperor to be the most powerful dark side master up until that point. We shouldn't so readily assume that Nihilus is inferior to him.

In truth, under the right circumstances Nihilus can destroy anybody.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
02.11.2014 , 02:01 PM | #463
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Combative abilities only reflect, do not accurately indicate, Force powers.

Clearly the Sith Emperor is a scholar, and combat is not his specialty. Regardess the fact that he went toe-to-toe (though eventually lost) to the Hero of Tython suggests he is able to capably apply himself in this field.

All in all aside from midi-chlorian manipulation, I don't think Plagueis surpasses the Emperor in any categories.
TK? Healing? Lighting? Concealment? Force Deflection/Absorbtion? Force Scream? Speed/Strength? Dueling?

Ya sure Plagueis doesn't surpass Vitiate anywhere else?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
02.11.2014 , 02:01 PM | #464
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I can't be the only one who just read that the quote saying the Sith Emperor was more powerful than Nihilus...
Vitiate: "My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me. My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."

Nihilus: "................"

Vitiate: *Gulp*

*Nihilus drains him to death*

Dark Council: How did he manage to destroy our all-powerful Emperor?

*Visas walks slowly into the Council Chamber*

"Did you think you would be safe, here, on Dromund Kaas? my master sees beyond our realm, you are dust motes in a storm… a grain upon the beach… and as insignificant as a body that orbits the graveyard of Malachor and now you will die with your Empire."

*Nihilus' figure envelopes the entrance and the Council trembles in terror as his presence, slowly dying.*

----------

Yeh that's what would happen to Vitiate and his Empire if Nihilus had gone on un-checked.
"The Dark Jedi are in many ways more dangerous than the Sith."
Republic Justice

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
02.11.2014 , 02:07 PM | #465
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Vitiate: "My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me. My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."

Nihilus: "................"

Vitiate: *Gulp*
That would be awesome!
Added Chapter 40 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.11.2014 , 02:07 PM | #466
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
TK? Healing? Lighting? Concealment? Force Deflection/Absorbtion? Force Scream? Speed/Strength? Dueling?

Ya sure Plagueis doesn't surpass Vitiate anywhere else?
In fields in which they are comparable.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
02.11.2014 , 02:08 PM | #467
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Combative abilities only reflect, do not accurately indicate, Force powers.

Clearly the Sith Emperor is a scholar, and combat is not his specialty. Regardess the fact that he went toe-to-toe (though eventually lost) to the Hero of Tython suggests he is able to capably apply himself in this field.

All in all aside from midi-chlorian manipulation, I don't think Plagueis surpasses the Emperor in any categories.
The hero of tython was on a Dark Side planet where even the best of Jedi couldn't call on the force without monumentous effort...
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.11.2014 , 02:09 PM | #468
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
The hero of tython was on a Dark Side planet where even the best of Jedi couldn't call on the force without monumentous effort...
But he was if I recall protected from the ill effects on the spirit of Orgus Din...

In fact, I expect the Sith Emperor was banking on that weakening him. But he miscalculated.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.11.2014 , 02:10 PM | #469
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
lol, but no. Here:
Oh, lol. I remember that. Its time like that that you think you've seen everything, and are proven wrong.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
02.11.2014 , 02:11 PM | #470
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
But he was if I recall protected from the ill effects on the spirit of Orgus Din...

In fact, I expect the Sith Emperor was banking on that weakening him. But he miscalculated.
Oh really? Don't remember that anywhere....

Either way, combat shows a lot. The Emperor found a ritual where the sith had to sacrifice themselves to him, and he got powerful, but still hasn't been able to show combat feats the strength of Plageuis.

You can't say compare them in aspects where they are comparable... and then not.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger