Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The REAL Most Powerful Revisited

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The REAL Most Powerful Revisited

LadyKulvax
02.09.2014 , 01:57 PM | #421
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Oh is that so? I thought he just convinced them with a charismatic speech...

And what's that about Sion? I thought he had just been shoehorned into the whole thing when KOTOR II was released.
They were going to leave when they were attacked once they landed on Dxun, and he was losing their belief, so he used a mind control spell to force them to listen to his speech, then he smashed the holocron.

Oh and his background is detailed in the KotOR CG, he was one of the 21 prodigal knights, he turned into the Lord of Pain because he was partially possessed by a Massassi Chieftain's spirit combine that with his Dark Rage and this made both his mind and body almost indestructible.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Beniboybling
02.09.2014 , 02:06 PM | #422
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
They were going to leave when they were attacked once they landed on Dxun, and he was losing their belief, so he used a mind control spell to force them to listen to his speech, then he smashed the holocron.

Oh and his background is detailed in the KotOR CG, he was one of the 21 prodigal knights, he turned into the Lord of Pain because he was partially possessed by a Massassi Chieftain's spirit combine that with his Dark Rage and this made both his mind and body almost indestructible.
Oh, very interesting, I didn't realise they added that extra detail. Anyway I'll update the analysis of Kun, I think this solidifies his position.

So, any further revisions people want to suggest?

Aurbere
02.09.2014 , 03:16 PM | #423

So, any further revisions people want to suggest?
Well, if you're taking suggestions, I'll reiterate:

Plagueis > Vitiate
Obi-Wan Kenobi > Saba Sebatyne
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
02.09.2014 , 05:04 PM | #424
OK, we all seem generally in agreement concerning the last article, so I'll make the changes and we can begin discussing a set of new ones. The first of which is up on the OP.

Aurbere
02.09.2014 , 06:49 PM | #425
OK, we all seem generally in agreement concerning the last article, so I'll make the changes and we can begin discussing a set of new ones. The first of which is up on the OP.
I will provide my argument on the article tomorrow.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
02.10.2014 , 02:16 PM | #426
I won't be able to make a full argument at this time, but I will say that Vitiate, while powerful, has shown very limited combat abilities. Vitiate's greatest displays of power seem to require extensive preparation, whereas Plagueis has been able to unleash massive devastation with little effort while practically dying.

That's to get the ball rolling.

*waits for Legend's wall of text response*

S_W_LeGenD
02.11.2014 , 04:56 AM | #427
For reference a comparison between Darth Caedus and the Sith Emperor:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=414
Your assessment of Sith Emperor is inadequate.

This is the most comprehensive and well-researched assessment of Sith Emperor in this forum: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=703103

Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I won't be able to make a full argument at this time, but I will say that Vitiate, while powerful, has shown very limited combat abilities. Vitiate's greatest displays of power seem to require extensive preparation, whereas Plagueis has been able to unleash massive devastation with little effort while practically dying.

That's to get the ball rolling.

I have already done my homework, link provided above.

Vitiate is not just powerful but canonically supremely powerful. In addition, his combat record is extremely impressive by mythos standards.

You talk about devastation? Check out the capabilities of Sith Emperor's apprentice: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=707012

Now imagine what Sith Emperor himself is capable of.

Plagueis's feat of "all about atomize" some defenseless humans is being blown out of proportion by some people. In contrast, Sith Emperor can do this to even Force-users and armored droids.

From Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan:

Spoiler

I'd say that the power with which Satele Shan destroyed a part of a large cliff is more potent then the power that is required to "all but atomize" some defenseless humans. Heck, Satele Shan "all but atomized" some hexes droids, if I remember correctly.

One more thing, Muun do not loose powers even while being heavily injured, this is implied in Star Wars: Darth Plagueis:

Spoiler

This is the ranking that I propose:

- Sith Emperor
- Darth Plagueis
- Exar Kun
- Darth Caedus
My favorite Star Wars book: Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia

My favorite Star Wars character: Vitiate

Beniboybling
02.11.2014 , 06:48 AM | #428
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
It seems you've summoned him Aurbere *slow clap*

Beniboybling
02.11.2014 , 06:50 AM | #429
Quote: Originally Posted by S_W_LeGenD View Post
Your assessment of Sith Emperor is inadequate.

This is the most comprehensive and well-researched assessment of Sith Emperor in this forum: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=703103
My assessment is perfectly adequate, and your criticisms leveled at it were ultimately proven inadequate and in some cases verging on ridiculous. That said I respect your assessment, but I don't believe it contradicts my own explicitly.

That said your assessment is far from perfect.

S_W_LeGenD
02.11.2014 , 06:54 AM | #430
My assessment is perfectly adequate, and your criticisms leveled at it were ultimately proven inadequate and in some cases verging on ridiculous. That said I respect your assessment, but I don't believe it contradicts my own explicitly.

That said your assessment is far from perfect.
Your assessment is flawed but you are not likely to understand, you overlook lot of stuff about Sith Emperor (do not properly assess his canonical position and known feats). You have this mindset of "me being always correct." In-fact, your assessment about Sidious is also filled with lot of hype and assumptions but as usual you make it seem like as if Sith Emperor is a joke in comparison to him and you want people to believe that a guy who almost got killed by Mara Jade is stronger then Sith Emperor? You've got to be kidding me.

This entire ranking procedure is flawed to be precise. Where do you rank lets say Darth Nox and Darth Thanaton?

Darth Nox wielded "combined might of 6 powerful Sith Lords" and this kind of power was needed to defeat Darth Thanaton.

Also, where do you rank Exal Kressh? She destroyed an entire space station with her powers.
My favorite Star Wars book: Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia

My favorite Star Wars character: Vitiate