Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The REAL Most Powerful Revisited

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The REAL Most Powerful Revisited

Beniboybling
01.31.2014 , 04:00 PM | #1
Its been several months since the last list in the "REAL Most Powerful Series" was completed and since then I'm sure we've all found that our knowledge and perspectives have evolved and developed, and there have long since been a few positions that have been met with some contention. So the purpose of this thread will be to review all lists pertaining to the Force using categories. I've come up with several articles that I feel need addressing, but feel free to suggest more along the way. We will however be dealing with this on a case by case basis to avoid getting swamped.

Also feel free to refer to the project index to remind yourselves of the positions.

So without further ado, lets begin:
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Article 9: Mace Windu vs Revan & Meetra Surik

Current Positions
[Most Powerful Jedi]

5. Mace Windu
6. Revan
7. Meetra Surik

The proposition being that Revan and/or Meetra Surik are placed above Mace Windu. Mace Windu is a powerful Jedi but I feel Revan and Meetra were on more legendary levels and arguably outperform him in several respects, though not necessarily both of them.

For reference a comparison between Darth Plagueis, Exar Kun and Mace Windu:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=522

tunewalker
01.31.2014 , 04:48 PM | #2
I would like to note one change about the Control analysis of Saba and Revan, recall that I argued later that the Healing while equal between the 2 wasnt actually Saba's strength in Control but in fact her Force Valor was, while both could heal the Injuries Saba could FIGHT with them and win, I thought in the end we determined Saba and Revan were likely around equal in control Saba had a slight Edge in Sense and Revan had a slightly Larger edge in Alter thus Revan got it because both a larger edge and Alter is more indicative of power then Sense.

Beniboybling
01.31.2014 , 05:00 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
I would like to note one change about the Control analysis of Saba and Revan, recall that I argued later that the Healing while equal between the 2 wasnt actually Saba's strength in Control but in fact her Force Valor was, while both could heal the Injuries Saba could FIGHT with them and win, I thought in the end we determined Saba and Revan were likely around equal in control Saba had a slight Edge in Sense and Revan had a slightly Larger edge in Alter thus Revan got it because both a larger edge and Alter is more indicative of power then Sense.
Yes, that analysis was before we engaged in a more lengthy debate and while I did revise it I didn't have the knowledge to hand. So yeah I'd agree with you there, I'll go ahead and update it.

Aurbere
01.31.2014 , 05:35 PM | #4
I agree that Satele should be above Saba, but I will review those comparisons and see if I can make a case for Obi-Wan.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Aurbere
01.31.2014 , 05:39 PM | #5
I should also note that your analysis of Obi-Wan Kenobi is slightly outdated, so that's another reason to perform my own analysis.
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Selenial
01.31.2014 , 05:52 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I should also note that your analysis of Obi-Wan Kenobi is slightly outdated, so that's another reason to perform my own analysis.
Dem'z Fighting Wurds!
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromÖ save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Selenial
01.31.2014 , 05:55 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
I am fine with the statement of her being enlightened that i understand and dont call BS at all. what I was calling just a game mechanic was the force power itself which is exactly what it is, its a game mechanic it doesnt have the same affects in the "real" world of star wars.

So i guess this does mean we have to discuss Corran Horn who pretty much has better feats of Tutaminis then most any jedi on this list so clearly he was extremely powerful and if we are judging by Tutaminis he would assuredly be more powerful then Revan.

Finally I admitedly had not read the Revan book and didnt know it talked about Meetra being negatively affected by the Nexus. The question then becomes how sure are we that none of her opponents were negatively affected by it. Neither side showed these affects in game, but she had them in the Novel so there is no saying that the Triumvate were actually empowered by the Nexus and not also harmed by it. If they werent then they were MASSIVELY weaker then we give them credit for, because if Meetra can beat them while struggling not to up chuck from standing while they pull on a Nexus, if they werent on the Nexus they should easily be slapped down like the nothings they were if thats the case, but I dont think thats the case.
Enlightenment isnt what it is in game, no, it's a new level of power entirely.

Doesn't mean we have to discuss Corran Horn, Tutaminis is a relatively unknown feat, we don't know how much power you need to perform it, but we know Force Sever takes massive energy, which is why it's a bonus for Surik.

As for the Malachor thing, the Triumvirate weren't negatively affected. Thing is, Sion wasn't overly powerful just a great Duelist, wheras Surik was a fantastic duelist.

Traya was on top of Surik in terms of force ability, but she couldn't use Force Drain. Surik kept her on the defensive using her superior Saber Skills, but couldnt attack with the Force because she didn't want to Kill Traya, instead, she severed her from the force, so basically... She out Dueled Traya, that's it.

At least, that's how I saw it.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromÖ save one.

Aurbere
01.31.2014 , 05:56 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Dem'z Fighting Wurds!
Come on, we both know Beni hasn't read a single Clone Wars comic/novel. It's understandable for it to be slightly insufficient.

Selenial
01.31.2014 , 06:02 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Come on, we both know Beni hasn't read a single Clone Wars comic/novel. It's understandable for it to be slightly insufficient.
Hehe, you're one to talk Aurbere

At least, you haven't read many on ventress or your BZ outcome would have been very different

(Out Dueling Anakin and Kenobi anybody?)

Beniboybling
01.31.2014 , 06:04 PM | #10
Concerning Tune's post, I believe the theory posed postulates that Meetra's wound (which protected her from the affects of Malachor) faded away by the point of the Revan novel - in which it is never referred to.