Augment and Obroan questions.

Machshoot

I have two questions for you fine PvP section folks...

1) I just completely a full conq set for my medic operative, should I spend the money to augment all of that gear right now, or wait and augment my Obroan pieces as I get them... Money isn't a huuuge deal, I'm sitting on about 15 mil right now, but I'd rather not waste the money (100k per augment + 60k per augment kit) if I'm just going to replace it with Obroan.

and question 2) which piece of Obroans would you grab first? I'm sitting at about 3k ranked comms and not sure which to pick up first.

Start augmenting now but DO NOT augment the conq shells. Rip everything out and put them in a shell you can mod since you need the conq shells to upgrade to oberon. Also min/max your gear before you move onto oberon. Being able to buy mods/enhancements really speeds up this process.

I have two questions for you fine PvP section folks...

1) I just completely a full conq set for my medic operative, should I spend the money to augment all of that gear right now, or wait and augment my Obroan pieces as I get them... Money isn't a huuuge deal, I'm sitting on about 15 mil right now, but I'd rather not waste the money (100k per augment + 60k per augment kit) if I'm just going to replace it with Obroan.

and question 2) which piece of Obroans would you grab first? I'm sitting at about 3k ranked comms and not sure which to pick up first.

First: don't use the actual conq/obroan shells unless you just really like the look. Take out the mods and use orange gear, that way you don't have to augment 2 sets. Augmenting and using stims is going to give you the biggest stat increase.

Second: the ranked relics are really the only "big" difference. Min/maxed, fully augmented conqueror is fine.

I actually really dig the look of the conq operative gear, so I want to keep this shell. I dished out 800k for a black/orange dye module, so I'd like to keep it :p

So what you're saying it, just buy the obroan mods/enhancements on their own and shove them in?

Yes.

Shweet, time to go do that! old Tionese Chestplate Shell HERE I COME!

No. You have to use the Conq shells to turn in for the Obroan Shells.

Erm, ok, now im skeptical again... Is it ok if i say take the stuff out, then throw it in my whatever shell and then put it BACK into the Conq?

Edited by Kaos_KidSWTOR

I actually really dig the look of the conq operative gear, so I want to keep this shell. I dished out 800k for a black/orange dye module, so I'd like to keep it :p

Ewww. You're going to have to trade in the conq shell + mods for the obroan piece, so unless you get a second conq piece to make the trade with, you're going to lose it. Might be worth it for the chest piece. I don't think you can trade in some random shell + conq mods. I believe it requires the mods and the shell to make the obroan purchase. Also, I would be careful when making the trade as it may just indiscriminately grab the one you are wearing. Maybe take it off and put it in cargo hold just to be safe, then trade sacrificial piece.

I kind of liked the conq chest piece for the sage (better than any other light armor piece I have seen), but I found a nice cartel market chest piece that I liked better. As soon as I felt that I was settled on my character's look, I purple 66 augmented the gear. As I get enough ranked comms to get a new obroan piece, I pull the conq mods out of the piece I am wearing, put them in the conq shell, trade the conq shell + conq mods, pull obroan mods from new piece and put them in the set I am wearing. It's still kind of expensive pulling mods, but it's cheaper than having to replace all of the augments. I'm dirt poor BTW (average about 200K). The only way I was able to augment any of my dudes was by turning my complimentary cartel coins that I have saved up into credits by selling Cartel stuff on the GTN. I skipped augmenting my implants and relics - just focused on getting the obroan as fast as possible, then augmenting those, because there is no shell that I can use for implants and relics.

Edited by teclado

/sigh

It just requires the shells. The armor, enhancement and mod do not need to be in it to trade in for Obroan.

If you really like the look of Conq gear, and insist on augmenting and using it, you can always save your comms and upgrade to Obroan when the next tier of gear comes out and it no longer requires the shell.

Edited by Technohic

/sigh

It just requires the shells. The armor, enhancement and mod do not need to be in it to trade in for Obroan.

I didn't realize that. I don't have a lot of obroan, but for the few pieces I have, I thought it took my mods as well....probably because I put them in it....doh.

If you really like the look of Conq gear, and insist on augmenting and using it, you can always save your comms and upgrade to Obroan when the next tier of gear comes out and it no longer requires the shell.

Or just get a second sacrificial piece, trade that one.

Edited by teclado

I didn't realize that. I don't have a lot of obroan, but for the few pieces I have, I thought it took my mods as well.

Or just get a second sacrificial piece, trade that one.

Yeah, you can get a second piece, but I don't think the return is worth it. As long as you have your Obroan relics, and whatever armor sets you want from Conq and fully augmented, you are better of optimizing, IMO.

/sigh

That would be his best bet. And if he buys the obroan mods and enhancements he would not really be at a huge disadvantage in PvP with full augments and a good stim, especially if he went for the PvE 66/69/58 weapon setup. He could even upgrade the belt, wrists, earpiece, implants, and relics to obroan without loosing the look he wants and really only have 5 armor pieces that were still conq.

I feel like a *******, as this is confusing the fuark out of me heh... Can I not just buy Advanced Artful Mod 29X from the ranked vendor to replace the 28X in my conq piece? Same with enhancements. Is that not the same as buying an Obroan piece and ripping the mods?

I feel like a *******, as this is confusing the fuark out of me heh... Can I not just buy Advanced Artful Mod 29X from the ranked vendor to replace the 28X in my conq piece? Same with enhancements. Is that not the same as buying an Obroan piece and ripping the mods?

Yes, but it would be more expensive than buying the set piece.

Yes, but it would be more expensive than buying the set piece.

Ah, maybe I should have priced it out a little more thoroughly :p

I still don't get why everyone in here is saying " DON'T USE THE OBROANS SET " ....

Edited by Machshoot

Ah, maybe I should have priced it out a little more thoroughly :p

I still don't get why everyone in here is saying " DON'T USE THE OBROANS SET " ....

Oh, you can use the Obroan components, just don't use the shells because you want to augment. Cost creds to augment and you will be turning those shells in losing your aurmentation slots you paid for.

Oh, you can use the Obroan components, just don't use the shells because you want to augment. Cost creds to augment and you will be turning those shells in losing your aurmentation slots you paid for.

No I realize that, I meant why would I be turning in my Obroans when that's the highest pvp set? I haven't read anything about a new pvp set being released anytime soon.

No I realize that, I meant why would I be turning in my Obroans when that's the highest pvp set? I haven't read anything about a new pvp set being released anytime soon.

Because eventually a new set always comes and we always have someone complaining about having to turn in their augmented shells for the next set. Every single time.