Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Day Alt's All Died

Cempa
01.31.2014 , 01:18 AM | #1
Any one else like me, into alts and likes to enjoy every story and even some times the same story with different races? I may be a bit of a hardcore alt-a-holic of sorts. That all ended a couple of days ago when I went for the +10 Endurance datacron, I canceled my sub and plan on playing the new and upcoming games/expansions.

Why you may ask?

I don't know if others are like me, but I have to min/max datacrons with the relevant stats for my toon. i know +10 Endurance are about 100 hp which is nootthhhing! I know..but it eats away at me slowly until I can not take it any more...I have to have ever End+Main Stat datacron in the game or I go crazy.

So, whats the problem again you may ask?

The game is glitchy with things like getting stuck on imaginary rocks or jumping but not jumping...You can imagine what happens in a jumping puzzle when you press jump like you have done 1,000 times before but the toon just runs and dies!

Knowing that I can not put my heart and blood pressure through the +10 Endurance datacron wipe fest again its adios BW with the worst MMO engine of any AAA sub based game...
“When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master.”

Rasen
01.31.2014 , 01:24 AM | #2
Sorry man, but this post was crazy for me. It is totally nonsensical and reeking of sheer insanity. I wish you were able to control your character's jumping more effectively, but not being able to seems to be a certainty I suppose. I have zero troubles with platforming in this game. Everybody has their own niche or pet peeve so I guess this is yours, but it isn't one I can or will sympathize with. Again sorry. Don't want to be a jerk, but I can't wrap my head around what happened to you, your reaction and your final conclusion. It is all a weird and unrelatable chain of events lol.

Lunafox
01.31.2014 , 01:27 AM | #3
I'm an altoholic. I have 22 on my main server (and would happily buy more slots to make more and stay there)...I'm not even going to get into the others that I have.

I love the stories, and when I start missing a class I make a new toon. There is something fun and exciting about creating a new character that I've always loved.

I'm not obsessed with datacrons. I'm pretty sure I'm missing quite a few. Sometimes I go out looking for them, and if I find, great, if not, I'm not worried about it.

It sounds to me like your health is suffering though, and I can relate. When a game starts to make you so angry your blood pressure rises, and you throw things, or shout, it's probably a pretty good indication to take a break or quit.

I had to do that on one of my games, it was a pvp game, hard core pvp game actually, world pvp, three wars a day for resources, and mind numbing grind that requires extreme patience, and a system where you have to depend on luck to upgrade your armour, and luck is rare there. Great game...also a great way to kill yourself slowly...which I was doing...so I quit it. Even still I get the bug to go back every now and again, it's like a sickness, but after a few days I remember why I left.

Long story short, maybe you ought to take a break, work on your health...and when you feel better try again. The things that are stressors are best eliminated. Maybe try a new focus in the game? Hope that helps you.
More Individual class/companion story extensions!
~I came, I saw, I went shopping.~

OddballEasyEight
01.31.2014 , 03:35 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
Any one else like me, into alts and likes to enjoy every story and even some times the same story with different races? I may be a bit of a hardcore alt-a-holic of sorts. That all ended a couple of days ago when I went for the +10 Endurance datacron, I canceled my sub and plan on playing the new and upcoming games/expansions.

Why you may ask?

I don't know if others are like me, but I have to min/max datacrons with the relevant stats for my toon. i know +10 Endurance are about 100 hp which is nootthhhing! I know..but it eats away at me slowly until I can not take it any more...I have to have ever End+Main Stat datacron in the game or I go crazy.

The game is glitchy with things like getting stuck on imaginary rocks or jumping but not jumping...You can imagine what happens in a jumping puzzle when you press jump like you have done 1,000 times before but the toon just runs and dies!

Knowing that I can not put my heart and blood pressure through the +10 Endurance datacron wipe fest again its adios BW with the worst MMO engine of any AAA sub based game...
Soooo, what you are saying is that you have an OCD problem and because it's hard to get that datacron easily on all your alts you somehow blame bioware for your OCD?

Well good luck with that...

JPryde
01.31.2014 , 03:47 AM | #5
What exactly is the logical connection between having a bad link (glitching) and being somewhat clumsy (being unable to jump when you need to jump) and being somewhat neurotic (being unable to just ignore some measly stats) and canceling your subscription (totally your own choice)?

I just do not see a connection between those. I too am somewhat of a completionist, but if something cannot be done, I just let it go.... but if something can be done and I am just to lazy or unskilled to make it, I do not cancel my subscription and whine on the forums about it.
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

Telaan
01.31.2014 , 04:00 AM | #6

Why you may ask?

Lol.......
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Defender/Healing 2xxx/Enhancer xxx3

Arutar
01.31.2014 , 04:37 AM | #7
Why you may ask?
Actually, I wasn't.

I thought the thread might go actually somewhere interisting, but sadly was mistaken.

But I hand it to you, as far as whine threads go, this is is pure gold. You quit because jumping to get the +10 endurance datacron is too hard? rofl

PLynkes
01.31.2014 , 04:41 AM | #8
I quit because of this, too.

I quit trying to get the bloody datacron, that is.

Still enjoying the game itself, though.

theimperialguy
01.31.2014 , 04:59 AM | #9
Lolwut? You quit the entire game because you can't get a DATACRON? Seriously?
It's a trap !

Callaron
01.31.2014 , 06:10 AM | #10
I don't bother with it on most characters, I got all the datacrons on one character on each side.
Now I mostly just grab the "opportunity" datacrons, AKA the ones that are easy to grab or where I've done the jumping so often I could do it blindfolded by now.
One of the devs once posted that he'd like to make them Legacy-wide, but I guess other things took priority (or he's no longer with us and the rest don't like the idea).
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!