Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Retro Thrusters

Korithras
01.30.2014 , 04:28 PM | #1
You guys at Bioware/EA don't seem to realize the inherent flaw you put into these, so let me explain it. We cannot see backwards. And you put alot of tight spaces into the layouts of the starfighter maps. I don't need to go flying backwards 50 yards and crash into something when a mere 10 will do the same job of breaking the missile lock. Shorten the distance we fly backwards using these.

-Streven-
01.30.2014 , 04:32 PM | #2
They aren't there to just break missile lock. Shortening the distance they travel would take away 99% of there usefulness and I'd be pissed if that were to happen.

DewyMossEmpire
01.30.2014 , 04:39 PM | #3
Or, simply be aware of your position when you use them? Just like barrel roll. You go flying with that, underestimate it just a little & you're crashing face first into an obstacle. Retro Thrusters are fine as is, & they can help you get the drop on an enemy easily in a dogfight.

If you're crashing with them, the problem is not the thrusters, it's the pilot :

Sadishist
01.30.2014 , 04:42 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Korithras View Post
You guys at Bioware/EA don't seem to realize the inherent flaw you put into these, so let me explain it. We cannot see backwards. And you put alot of tight spaces into the layouts of the starfighter maps. I don't need to go flying backwards 50 yards and crash into something when a mere 10 will do the same job of breaking the missile lock. Shorten the distance we fly backwards using these.
If you're flying in a straight line, you wouldn't have anything behind you to crash into.

Elly_Dawn
01.30.2014 , 04:56 PM | #5
if you're flying in a straight line you're good as dead anyway...
if all the great fashion designers have gone over to the Darkside, then i will too...
Jedi Covenant: The Ashtear Legacy:

Elhaym - Shadow / Shinoa - Scoundrel
Dawnaria - Assassin / Adawn - Mercenary / D'jour - Operative

Sadishist
01.30.2014 , 05:13 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Elly_Dawn View Post
if you're flying in a straight line you're good as dead anyway...
Not if you use retro.

Elly_Dawn
01.30.2014 , 05:23 PM | #7
ah i thought you meant if you flew straight forward you'd have a clear shot backwards, i guess you meant check your 6 before hitting retros...
if all the great fashion designers have gone over to the Darkside, then i will too...
Jedi Covenant: The Ashtear Legacy:

Elhaym - Shadow / Shinoa - Scoundrel
Dawnaria - Assassin / Adawn - Mercenary / D'jour - Operative

Altheran
01.30.2014 , 05:29 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Korithras View Post
Spatial memory...

Zoom_VI
01.30.2014 , 05:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
Spatial memory...
^^this

imo retro is the best engine component bar none. I've gotten so many kills from these things
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

JadedJasper
01.30.2014 , 05:52 PM | #10
The next patch is apparently adding a keybinding that'll let you look backwards.
Zojata on Ebonhawk