Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Show Your Battles!

Kain_Turinbar
01.31.2014 , 06:11 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DewyMossEmpire View Post
Bombers are gonna be slow & squishy. You better have a good hiding spot, 'cause one minute of exposure against a Strike Fighter or a Scout & it's over, you're not gettin' away x)
The big thing I think will hurt them most iis NO lock break. Open with Proton Torpedo, immediately follow up with Concussion Missile (w/target engines) and you have a weakened and slowed enemy.

DewyMossEmpire
01.31.2014 , 06:13 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Kain_Turinbar View Post
The big thing I think will hurt them most iis NO lock break. Open with Proton Torpedo, immediately follow up with Concussion Missile (w/target engines) and you have a weakened and slowed enemy.
Yeah Protons will be so nice against them, just like with gunships, power to thrusters & then chasing them down with that extremely long range & it's goodnight for them x)

Coldcrush
01.31.2014 , 09:16 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DewyMossEmpire View Post
Bombers are gonna be slow & squishy. You better have a good hiding spot, 'cause one minute of exposure against a Strike Fighter or a Scout & it's over, you're not gettin' away x)
Slow? Definitely. Squishy? Not so much. Unless the bomber pilot takes proton torpedoes as well then they will have to make the fight come to them via the usage of LoS, which isn't a tall order if not facing a premade. At which point mines/drones with have to be a priority to the attacker if they aren't a blackbolt with EMP Field.

For the most part this is all theory-crafting both for and against bombers seeing as how it's near impossible to get legitimate testing through the pts. Time will tell I suppose.

DewyMossEmpire
01.31.2014 , 09:28 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldcrush View Post
Slow? Definitely. Squishy? Not so much. Unless the bomber pilot takes proton torpedoes as well then they will have to make the fight come to them via the usage of LoS, which isn't a tall order if not facing a premade. At which point mines/drones with have to be a priority to the attacker if they aren't a blackbolt with EMP Field.

For the most part this is all theory-crafting both for and against bombers seeing as how it's near impossible to get legitimate testing through the pts. Time will tell I suppose.
Well, you may be right. Thick armour in a bomber would make sense, to make up for their slowness. But with a Strike Fighter packing Heavy Cannons [which have a 6.1k range without a Range Capacitor] combined with the Frequency Capacitor - which is what I used on my Quell, + Protons - I won't have to get too close to those pesky bombers. I'm not too worried about them with my current ship's specs.

Lendul
02.01.2014 , 11:14 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kain_Turinbar View Post
Pikes/Quells are getting an EMP missile specifically for fighting bombers it disables their drones/mines.

ToMyMa
02.01.2014 , 03:11 PM | #26
Pff, all that armor will be worthless once my FlashFire shows up with burst lasers

'Oh, mines you say? Let me call my homie, Pike McDeath' Pretty much what I expect from bombers

Jacobpprice
02.01.2014 , 04:58 PM | #27
<The Houlden Legacy>
Season 1 All Star, From Beyond, Manhunting Gate Crashing Conquerer of the Dread Fortress
<The Shadowlands>

okiobe
02.02.2014 , 03:36 AM | #28
I always forget to take screenshots and record. Here is a recent match that was fun. Sadly it was a loss but I did pretty well. Most the components on my sting have only the first or second tier upgrades.

http://www.twitch.tv/okiobe/c/3652263
The HarbingerThe First Order
Okiobe 55 Commando Mirque 55 Operative
The Ebon Hawk - Mujo
www.twitch.tv/okiobe

Coldcrush
02.02.2014 , 04:47 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by okiobe View Post
I always forget to take screenshots and record. Here is a recent match that was fun. Sadly it was a loss but I did pretty well. Most the components on my sting have only the first or second tier upgrades.

http://www.twitch.tv/okiobe/c/3652263

Well you pretty much carried your team that entire match, nice flying. Was wondering though in those two instances I saw where both you and your target were stationary and out of line of sight of each other, why not strafe?

okiobe
02.02.2014 , 05:23 PM | #30
Honestly I didn't know you could. I don't use the dedicated strafe keys in the ground game. I always use the a and d keys together with button down. I don't think that combination works in gsf. I'll have to learn to use strafe.
The HarbingerThe First Order
Okiobe 55 Commando Mirque 55 Operative
The Ebon Hawk - Mujo
www.twitch.tv/okiobe