Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Looks like a big point of TOR has been destroyed...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Looks like a big point of TOR has been destroyed...

Charrlizard
03.11.2014 , 12:07 PM | #81
Kind of a moot point at this point after seeing Moriband look almost identical to Korriban *shudder* but did anyone ever think that when they refer to the 'homeworld of the Sith' they're talking about the actual race of Sith? What if the original Darksiders home base was on Moriband? Wouldn't that justify it, even though both planets looks alarmingly similar?

Beniboybling
03.11.2014 , 12:28 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Charrlizard View Post
Kind of a moot point at this point after seeing Moriband look almost identical to Korriban *shudder* but did anyone ever think that when they refer to the 'homeworld of the Sith' they're talking about the actual race of Sith? What if the original Darksiders home base was on Moriband? Wouldn't that justify it, even though both planets looks alarmingly similar?
Moraband = Korriban.

This has been confirmed.

MWidowmaker
03.14.2014 , 12:42 PM | #83
"Sacrifice" features the first appearance of Korriban, the homeworld of the Sith species, in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars series. During story development, George Lucas decided that he preferred the name "Moraband" rather than the established name of Korriban, and thus the planet is referred to as such in the episode. However, the episode guide's trivia gallery clarifies that Korriban has had multiple names throughout its history.[1]

actually this tidbit was more interesting:

Mark Hamill as Darth Bane

Cavell
03.15.2014 , 12:45 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by MWidowmaker View Post
George Lucas decided that he preferred the name "Moraband" rather than the established name of Korriban,
Just think how much better off Star Wars would be if this tool had sold the IP off at the end of the '80s.

DarknessInLight
03.15.2014 , 08:13 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Liamo View Post
....information on the last episodes of The Clone Wars has come in. Looks like the Sith origin world is NOT Korriban, but a world called Moriband. The descriptions are just like Korriban so it seems like an FU to fans, imo.
If you want some semi-spoliers on the descriptions of the episodes head here http://jedinews.co.uk/default.aspx
You'll need to scroll down but it's all there.
Its entirely possible that Korriban and Moriband are the same planet, just with different names(for whatever reason).

However, after browsing the above mentioned website, it reminds me of another SW related website that existed around the time the Prequel Trilogy was being made. It was run by a guy with the handle "SuperShadow" and he came up with TONS of suppositions, theories, and fake information about the movies and other items Star Wars.

Take this current site with the proverbial "grain of salt".
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

SammyGStatus
03.17.2014 , 04:15 PM | #86
Pretty sure I read in an article (Game Informer maybe?) about how Lucas would come in during game development, see something he liked, then change the name. He tried to change a sith to Darth Stinky or something. I'm at work right now, so I can't be as accurate as I'd like, but I'll definitely repost the article's info if I can find it when I get home
Aimbot / Renegade-One / Ashketar (IMP) - TEH's DAMAGE OVERCHARGE GSF GM
Leggogurl - Bane of Jung'Ma's Pub Pilots
Renegade-One (Harbinger) - <Irrelevant Squadron>

Beniboybling
03.17.2014 , 04:17 PM | #87
Yeah I read that article somewhere, pretty sure that was a joke though.

EDIT: He joked that they should call Galen Marek Darth Icky or Insanious when they proposed giving him a Sith title.

AnnahH
03.21.2014 , 01:12 PM | #88
not to thread necro but

The planet, phonetically, is the same as Moribond. Which means near death.....which closely relates to the episode of achieving consciousness after death

sandisrd
03.22.2014 , 08:18 AM | #89
Greetings,

"Korriban, known as Pesegam during the reign of Xim, and also known as Moraband by the time of the Clone Wars..."

So in different Era periods planet has different names, it's foolish to think that planet has only one name...
Collector's edition owner
''Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The force shall free me''...

Harkin
03.22.2014 , 09:47 AM | #90
Not just korriban, but is it me or stuff like the inquisitor story as been tottaly shafted ? i mean during the last episode on TCW not only we already knew from the previous episode that to become a force ghost you must do some mambo jambo ritual, but in moroband / korriban the sith taunt yoda by telling him that after death theres nothing, like thats a sith creed, if thats the case it tottaly screws alot of the stuff we see in kotor, even in the jedi knight story we talk with ghosts, weird that disney / lucas craps on the lore of KOTOR yet they picture moroband like a clone of the games korriban, tombs included.