Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Looks like a big point of TOR has been destroyed...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Looks like a big point of TOR has been destroyed...

Genghistwelve's Avatar


Genghistwelve
02.02.2014 , 01:41 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
Ok, this is what Drew has to say about it himself.

Thaknks for the e-mail; glad you enjoyed Revan.

I think it's fine to see the Emperor as co-opting Dromund Kaas to fit hsi needs and rechristening it as the "true" homeworld just so his followers would buy into what he was selling.

Hope this helps.

Drew


So uhh, yeah, try again?
1. Drew's not speaking for LFL here; he's responding on personal website.
2. Drew neither confirm nor denies the information in the novel; he's merely suggesting it's fine to see the Emperor... He says absolutely nothing about whether the planet is or is not the homeworld, as the novel states.

Quote:
This is a quote from Wookieepedia.
Wookiepedia? You might as well say "this is what some fan says." Further, no other source refutes that Ziost is the primary planet of the Sith, and became the homeworld of one-half of what came to be known as "the Sith" under discussion; a people as seen in Dawn of the Jedi, who's homeworld, according to Revan novel could be Dromund Kaas, merged with the beliefs of the people who's new homeworld, after they were exiled, was Ziost.
"Your signature was recently removed for violating the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ community Rules of Conduct. Please note that this is just a friendly reminder of the Rules of Conduct - no infraction points have been added to your account!

Comments, including signatures, that are sexual or vulgar in nature are considered inappropriate for the forums
."

Jandi's Avatar


Jandi
02.02.2014 , 02:29 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Genghistwelve View Post
1. Drew's not speaking for LFL here; he's responding on personal website.
2. Drew neither confirm nor denies the information in the novel; he's merely suggesting it's fine to see the Emperor... He says absolutely nothing about whether the planet is or is not the homeworld, as the novel states.
Except that what I quoted was a direct answer to "why is Kaas stated to be the homeworld?" When you couple that answer with the fact that Drew doesn't use omniscient narrator but instead, narrates how the character the chapter is about believes, it shows that you are in fact mistaken.

If you have issue with that then that's your problem and rambling at me is rather asinine.

Quote:
Wookiepedia? You might as well say "this is what some fan says." Further, no other source refutes that Ziost is the primary planet of the Sith, and became the homeworld of one-half of what came to be known as "the Sith" under discussion; a people as seen in Dawn of the Jedi, who's homeworld, according to Revan novel could be Dromund Kaas, merged with the beliefs of the people who's new homeworld, after they were exiled, was Ziost.
Oh how quaint, you didn't even bother to read what I quoted. The source for the post was in the quote. Yes, let's just ignore what other people say and keep rambling like a moron, good choice champ.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.02.2014 , 06:12 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Genghistwelve View Post
Wookiepedia? You might as well say "this is what some fan says." Further, no other source refutes that Ziost is the primary planet of the Sith, and became the homeworld of one-half of what came to be known as "the Sith" under discussion; a people as seen in Dawn of the Jedi, who's homeworld, according to Revan novel could be Dromund Kaas, merged with the beliefs of the people who's new homeworld, after they were exiled, was Ziost.
Korriban has been defined by canonical sources as the birthplace/origin world of the Sith Species and it is the planet upon which the Sith Order was established, Ziost, Dromund Kaas etc. are all adopted homeworlds of the Sith.

To quote Abel G. Peña:

Without Adas' unifying influence, wars once again raged for rule of the Sith people, with the reigning combatants arrogantly claiming the title of Sith'ari, and eventually forcing a relocation of the Sith capitol to the planet Ziost. Eventually, almost two-dozen millennia after Adas' death, a proper successor to Adas seemed to come at last. Known in Republic space as the Exiles, traitorous Jedi defeated in a galactic war called the Hundred-Year Darkness arrived on Korriban and cowed the Sith people with their astounding Force abilities, lightsabers, and superior technology.

Korriban was the original world, then it became a graveyard world and the Sith moved to Ziost which became the capital world. The Dark Jedi also arrived on Korriban and established their order there, so that is there homeworld too.

Everything else is adopted. Dromund Kaas, Ziost all of it. Lets hope Moriband doesn't change that...

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.02.2014 , 06:23 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Genghistwelve View Post
1. Drew's not speaking for LFL here; he's responding on personal website.
2. Drew neither confirm nor denies the information in the novel; he's merely suggesting it's fine to see the Emperor... He says absolutely nothing about whether the planet is or is not the homeworld, as the novel states.
But given that Korriban has been explictly defined as the homeworld of the Sith, the Emperor is likely lying.

And unfortunately because the quote is a character statement, it is not officially canon.

Genghistwelve's Avatar


Genghistwelve
02.02.2014 , 04:48 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
Except that what I quoted was a direct answer to "why is Kaas stated to be the homeworld?" When you couple that answer with the fact that Drew doesn't use omniscient narrator but instead, narrates how the character the chapter is about believes, it shows that you are in fact mistaken.

If you have issue with that then that's your problem and rambling at me is rather asinine.
You were the one you asininely said such a thing doesn't exist. It does. That you cite Drew's personal opinion on the matter isn't really relevant. You're stubbornly double-downing on your incorrect earlier statement.

Don't get pissed at me because the Revan novel says something you disagree with.
"Your signature was recently removed for violating the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ community Rules of Conduct. Please note that this is just a friendly reminder of the Rules of Conduct - no infraction points have been added to your account!

Comments, including signatures, that are sexual or vulgar in nature are considered inappropriate for the forums
."

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.02.2014 , 05:20 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Genghistwelve View Post
You were the one you asininely said such a thing doesn't exist. It does. That you cite Drew's personal opinion on the matter isn't really relevant. You're stubbornly double-downing on your incorrect earlier statement.

Don't get pissed at me because the Revan novel says something you disagree with.
As the writer Drew's opinion is 100% relevant, it reveals the "statement" to be from a fallible perspective as opposed to a solid source, which itself would conflict with existing canon.

The fact that the SWTORE makes no mention of it being their ancestral home, and instead bestowing that title upon Korriban, namely as "birthplace of the Sith Empire" diminishes the validity of that particular 'statement' even more.

Jandi's Avatar


Jandi
02.02.2014 , 11:33 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Genghistwelve View Post
You were the one you asininely said such a thing doesn't exist. It does. That you cite Drew's personal opinion on the matter isn't really relevant. You're stubbornly double-downing on your incorrect earlier statement.

Don't get pissed at me because the Revan novel says something you disagree with.
So the opinion of the person who wrote the book is irrelevant when it comes to what's in the book?

Ok, yeah, bye.

Pingonaut's Avatar


Pingonaut
02.03.2014 , 08:48 PM | #58
I don't really see a problem. Just a slight difference in the name over 3600 years? Not surprising.

OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
02.04.2014 , 09:28 PM | #59
Wasn't it said to be in the center of the galaxy? Which is somewhere Korriban geographically couldn't be. If it's a new Sith homeworld, I don't think the old one exists in the new canon.

adamqd's Avatar


adamqd
02.27.2014 , 11:45 AM | #60
The issue is gonna be, what will the Story group/ Lucas licensing do with this crappy idea? (Crappy as in changing something, but the name being almost the same lol)

If they were rational people like a lot of the posters here, they could explain this simply as "This is where the Jedi were lead to believe the Sith Originated" or "Korriban is a Sith word, it's Coruscanti pronunciation is Morriband"

But they won't, they will panic retcon as they always do, "Oh no a spider, kill it with your shoe!!" "Oh no an inconsistency, de-canonize everything before 19BBY!!"

Bye bye Korriban

community/member.php?u=495
Need more inter-faction interaction! Come on, its an MMO!