Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Looks like a big point of TOR has been destroyed...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Looks like a big point of TOR has been destroyed...

Kilikaa
01.31.2014 , 12:18 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
Yeah I don't think you get the issue here, like, at all. Ziost and Kaas has never been considered to be THE Sith homeworld, simply Sith worlds steeped in the dark side and a part of the first Empire. Korriban is the actual birth place, this has never been in question. Show me a source that says otherwise.

You can't, because there isn't one.

And second, no one has said ANYTHING about how TOR is connected to the TCW, so I have no idea whatsoever what your first paragraph is about.

The *actual* problem here is, that if they all of a sudden pull a new Sith homeworld out from thin air, it goes against *everything* that has ever been written about the Sith origins. If it's just another Sith world, like Kaas or Ziost then there is no problem.
You have no idea who the hell you are talking to. I DO know what Korriban is. I DO know what Ziost and Kaas are. I DO know they were considered as HOME Worlds at some point. Moriband will not be THE home as Korriban is referred to. It will be considered the home of A Sith empire, but not the original. You assume I am some kind of idiot the way you replied to me. You presume wrong. Show me where I said Dk or Ziost were THE home-world/birthplace of the Sith. Go ahead, show me, I'll wait. Oh, that's right, you can't. I NEVER SAID THEY WERE! Nice try though.

As far as my first paragraph is concerned, someone was worried about this game's story becoming obsolete over this. What I said was in reply to that person's concern. Maybe if you actually read the entire thread instead of just the first post you would have an actual clue.

In conclusion, there will be no problem with them creating a new Sith Home world as they will not retconn Korriban out. They will instead, like Ziost, consider Moriband the home of a different Empire all together. I have no problem with that. People are over-reacting to news they have no information about at the moment. And you need to stop assuming people don't know what is going on. Makes you look like a moron.

Jandi
01.31.2014 , 01:53 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
You have no idea who the hell you are talking to.
LMFAO and i have no intererest in finding out it seems. Off to the ignore list with you.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

BrianDavion
01.31.2014 , 02:59 AM | #33
so has anyone gone over to the German section of the forms and asked what Korriban is to them?

Maybe the germans call Korriban something else because Korriban means some horrid swear word in German?

JaborAnDubhar
01.31.2014 , 05:20 AM | #34
Korriban is Korriban, even in Germany...
Gate Crasher Aurek, Dragonslayer from Beyond
veteran and founder of Jarkai Sword, fellow soldier of Rambovi's Eight, member of The-Force.

Bellatoro
01.31.2014 , 07:32 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
so has anyone gone over to the German section of the forms and asked what Korriban is to them?

Maybe the germans call Korriban something else because Korriban means some horrid swear word in German?
Not till now, but from this day on I will dedicate myself to this. When I accomplished my goal, it will make sense and every german will shiver in fear before this word: Korriban.
I am the keeper of a thousand arcane secrets and each one would drive you mad! MAD!
=> Vaarsuvius, ambiguously gendered elf

Beniboybling
01.31.2014 , 08:00 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVitrial View Post
EDIT: According to the preview for Clone Wars season 6:
Please no.
So he's going to mess up Tython too? Or should that be "Mython". Oh nice.

This arc better me good.

Beniboybling
01.31.2014 , 08:01 AM | #37
A lot of people seem to think this might be a new Sith World, but I'm not sure. The concept art for "Moriband" looks just like Korriban. I dread to think what the fall out for this will be for EU lore as a whole.

Why can't he just go to Korriban!

JediArchives
01.31.2014 , 03:50 PM | #38
Annnd this is why I never respected the clowns behind TCW. They continued to do these things for no reason. The more I hear about the changes, the more I feel Star Wars is digging it's own grave. The new movies may very well be the final nail for Star Wars. What a shame. They don't bother to hire people that have knowledge/respect for the vast universe of Star Wars.
Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.
- T Paine

Darth_Wicked
01.31.2014 , 04:15 PM | #39
I fail to see why a sub-par TV series is allowed to trample everything and everyone that has come before and just change the name... for no reason at all.

I mean, seriously... I'm at a loss for words.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by Guss This: A Failed Padawan Story
Have you heard this one? "There once was a Mon Cal from Dac. He wore a jetpack on his back..."
"He liked to shoot blasters, and fly even faster. He was a Mando-Cal attack."

Kilikaa
01.31.2014 , 04:26 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
I fail to see why a sub-par TV series is allowed to trample everything and everyone that has come before and just change the name... for no reason at all.

I mean, seriously... I'm at a loss for words.
We still do not know if Moriband is even referring to Korriban or is a totally different planet that is considered hom to a different Sith Empire. Korriban was THE birthplace/home-world of the Sith but not the only planet to be called the home-world. We need to learn more before all this doom and gloom talk starts.

And TCW is a great show and can change things in the EU because, according to the old hierarchy system, it was a higher level of canon. The only things it could not supersede were the original six films.