Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Looks like a big point of TOR has been destroyed...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Looks like a big point of TOR has been destroyed...

OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
01.30.2014 , 08:37 PM | #21
Korriban being the Sith homeworld is one of the oldest established facts in the EU. If this is true, I feel like it's basically step away from decanonizing the whole thing.

Liamo's Avatar


Liamo
01.30.2014 , 09:28 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVitrial View Post
The "homeworld" of the Sith has been said to be both Korriban and Ziost...isn't it possible that Morriband is just another planet in that system that the Sith may have migrated to/from?

EDIT: According to the preview for Clone Wars season 6:
Please no.
That might be the "Whills." If so, it goes back to the earliest of days for Star Wars.
Apparenlty, the entirety of the post-ROTJ EU is out..and not just out...read this...this seems like someone is just having some lulz at Disney...http://www.starwars7news.com/2014/01...s-more-on.html

OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
01.30.2014 , 09:47 PM | #23
Yeah if the post ROTJ EU is now gone, retconing Korriban out of existence means most of the pre Prequel Trilogy EU is also gone. The only thing that would maybe still in canon is the Darth Bane stuff.

Anything related to the Old Republic era like TOR, Kotor or Tales of the Jedi no longer makes any sense without Korriban.

Kilikaa's Avatar


Kilikaa
01.30.2014 , 10:08 PM | #24
First off, this will NOT affect SWTOR in any way, shape or form. TCW takes place a long time after the events of this game. It takes place nearly 1,000years after the last Sith Empire was destroyed and Bane started using the Rule of Two. Moriband is just the name of a different planet that the Order knows about at the time of the Clone Wars, at the most.

Second thing to consider, and has been pointed out by someone else. Korriban, Dromund Kaas and Ziost have all been called Sith Homeworlds. Would it really surprise anyone else that this Moriband would be considered a "home-world as well? Again, considering the time period, this will not affect TOR.

Seriously, folks, stop over-reacting to little bits of news like this. We still do not even know if this is entirely real but just some prank they want to pull for April 1st. Whether it is real or not keep this in mind...Korriban is still ONE of the Sith "home-worlds" and will remain so. This is not a retconn just for the sake of retconning nor a slap in our faces. Not unless someone high up, like Leland Chee, tells us the Story Group decided to do away with Korriban completely. Remember, all the buzz going around is how the Post Rotj EU will be hit hard and the Old Republic era will be pretty much left alone.

Jandi's Avatar


Jandi
01.30.2014 , 10:44 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
First off, this will NOT affect SWTOR in any way, shape or form. TCW takes place a long time after the events of this game. It takes place nearly 1,000years after the last Sith Empire was destroyed and Bane started using the Rule of Two. Moriband is just the name of a different planet that the Order knows about at the time of the Clone Wars, at the most.

Second thing to consider, and has been pointed out by someone else. Korriban, Dromund Kaas and Ziost have all been called Sith Homeworlds. Would it really surprise anyone else that this Moriband would be considered a "home-world as well? Again, considering the time period, this will not affect TOR.

Seriously, folks, stop over-reacting to little bits of news like this. We still do not even know if this is entirely real but just some prank they want to pull for April 1st. Whether it is real or not keep this in mind...Korriban is still ONE of the Sith "home-worlds" and will remain so. This is not a retconn just for the sake of retconning nor a slap in our faces. Not unless someone high up, like Leland Chee, tells us the Story Group decided to do away with Korriban completely. Remember, all the buzz going around is how the Post Rotj EU will be hit hard and the Old Republic era will be pretty much left alone.
Yeah I don't think you get the issue here, like, at all. Ziost and Kaas has never been considered to be THE Sith homeworld, simply Sith worlds steeped in the dark side and a part of the first Empire. Korriban is the actual birth place, this has never been in question. Show me a source that says otherwise.

You can't, because there isn't one.

And second, no one has said ANYTHING about how TOR is connected to the TCW, so I have no idea whatsoever what your first paragraph is about.

The *actual* problem here is, that if they all of a sudden pull a new Sith homeworld out from thin air, it goes against *everything* that has ever been written about the Sith origins. If it's just another Sith world, like Kaas or Ziost then there is no problem.

Sanguiluna's Avatar


Sanguiluna
01.30.2014 , 10:45 PM | #26
It's worth noting that as far as Lucas himself is concerned, the Sith apparently only started with the New Sith Wars that ended with the Rule of Two. I wouldn't be surprised if the Clone Wars goes with that timeline and establishes Moriband as the planet where Darth Ruin officially declared his rebellion against the Jedi. That way the statement of Moriband being the homeworld of the Sith would be true from the G-Canon point of view, and all the Sith history from the Old Republic era would still go untouched.
It is always midnight in the writer's soul.

Jandi's Avatar


Jandi
01.30.2014 , 10:48 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanguiluna View Post
It's worth noting that as far as Lucas himself is concerned, the Sith apparently only started with the New Sith Wars that ended with the Rule of Two. I wouldn't be surprised if the Clone Wars goes with that timeline and establishes Moriband as the planet where Darth Ruin officially declared his rebellion against the Jedi. That way the statement of Moriband being the homeworld of the Sith would be true from the G-Canon point of view, and all the Sith history from the Old Republic era would still go untouched.
Except that we already had a force ghost of Revan in TCW >.>

Sanguiluna's Avatar


Sanguiluna
01.30.2014 , 10:59 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
Except that we already had a force ghost of Revan in TCW >.>
It's a deleted scene, making it non-canon. Just like Shaak Ti's many deaths in Episode III
It is always midnight in the writer's soul.

LordGarmaZabi's Avatar


LordGarmaZabi
01.30.2014 , 11:05 PM | #29
But the origin of which Sith ?
Sieg Zeon !

Jandi's Avatar


Jandi
01.30.2014 , 11:11 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanguiluna View Post
It's a deleted scene, making it non-canon. Just like Shaak Ti's many deaths in Episode III
Huh, I actually forgot that for some reason. Nevermind then.