Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bad healer needs help

Bejarid
02.10.2014 , 12:28 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by toha View Post
If I'm on the droids, please let me know because I'll have to go and check how to do it then
No, you're mostly right on the droids; they target a person and follow them until they drop a reticule on the ground and start a channel timer, then they explode. Once they start that channel, you should have plenty of time to get out of it, though.

NoFishing
02.10.2014 , 12:29 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by ATAMIANM View Post
I normally DPS, I find healing is a lot different.
I'd certainly encourage you to keep at it. Seeing things from a different role will cause you to be a better DPS as well.

morfius
02.10.2014 , 06:03 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by ATAMIANM View Post
I have a 55 operative healer, and last night found myself getting destroyed in HM Hammer station at the tunneling droid. I was focusing on the tank, healing and cleansing, but no matter what the probe droids kept coming out blowing up around me. This caused me to have to run around for a bit trying to survive and the tank died because he had too many stacks. Now I have gone through this FP before, and never had any issues, never drew any aggro. After the wipe, the tank suggested that I wasn't geared well enough, I responded back that I can't heal and cleanse while I am getting hammered. I am not sure it was the tank's fault, he kept aggro well on the boss. I think the DPS weren't focusing hard enough on the droids.
Probe mechanic on ground is already explained but there is 1 more - heal/ranged DD go & jump on big box on left... no probe droid can go up there
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

toha
02.12.2014 , 12:35 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by morfius View Post
Probe mechanic on ground is already explained but there is 1 more - heal/ranged DD go & jump on big box on left... no probe droid can go up there
As a healer I rarely get the chance to stand there and then only for a few seconds, mostly because people keep running out of range, so it's easier just to dodge the droids. But I do see snipers just rain hell from there, it looks so beautiful
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Nobody wants your scams.

And if you spent your time doing this, then you are a fool. Shoo, shoo. Get lost.

Adaliaya
02.12.2014 , 01:49 PM | #75
I don't really see problem, as my Sent I usually completely ignore probes and just stay on target. Sometimes one or two hit me, sometimes not, but they just hit 3000 per hit. This to Sent. Less to class with better reduction. Healer can patch it up with single Salvation or something, and even if he would have hands full with Tank, there is medpack for that purpose this in HM

toha
02.13.2014 , 10:06 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Adaliaya View Post
I don't really see problem, as my Sent I usually completely ignore probes and just stay on target. Sometimes one or two hit me, sometimes not, but they just hit 3000 per hit. This to Sent. Less to class with better reduction. Healer can patch it up with single Salvation or something, and even if he would have hands full with Tank, there is medpack for that purpose this in HM
See that gets under my skin a little, while yes mistakes happen so getting hit once or twice is no big deal, but ignoring the mechanics completely is just... Idiotic.
Also while a healer can and in most cases will heal you up,why not just dodge the damn things and make the other persons job a little easier?
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Nobody wants your scams.

And if you spent your time doing this, then you are a fool. Shoo, shoo. Get lost.

NoFishing
02.13.2014 , 11:00 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by toha View Post
Also while a healer can and in most cases will heal you up,why not just dodge the damn things and make the other persons job a little easier?
Yeah I'd agree with this. A sentinel should lose 0 DPS moving out of them, so why not do it? And time the healer spends healing you is time they definitely won't spend damaging the boss, which would make the fight even quicker.

In our progression, we used to deduct the damage taken from the damage dealt number when our DPS wanted to epeen.

Adaliaya
02.14.2014 , 06:39 AM | #78
Point is, if I try to dodge them, I just hit even more I'm quite beginner, and always when I try to dodge one probe I just run to other two, have tried both ways. Not saying skilled player couldn't dodge them all but I rarely can and trying only makes it worse not trying to harden healers work, since I play many of them myself. Now when they didn't buff Watchman like I hoped I'll propably focus them even more

Adaliaya
02.14.2014 , 06:43 AM | #79
*focus on playing my healers
Sorry for confusing sentence