Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bad healer needs help

Adaliaya
02.03.2014 , 05:18 AM | #31
I already have Bounty Hunter (who is still in Hutta) and since I have Vanguard already and I like healing she will become Mercenary.
All of my mates play on Eclipse so I'm not changing it.

CrazyGreggy
02.03.2014 , 05:22 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Adaliaya View Post
Ty for all advice. My situation is way better now, because I don't generate as much threat as before cause I only place HoTs on Tank. Also Surgical Probe and Healing Trance made difference. Often there is still 1-3 mobs on me but with bubble I can manage. If situation starts to seem too bad, if there is more than 3 mobs on me I can use Cloud Mind, even if some tanks and DPS seem not like it. Luckily most of them accept apologizes:-)
Good to hear things are improving for you personally, although it does sound like it's you that's finding your feet rather than getting better groups. You should NEVER have to apologise as a healer for getting mobs off you, they shouldn't even be on you in the first place.

AlrikFassbauer
02.03.2014 , 07:56 AM | #33
Side note: vanguard got kicked. I felt sorry for him even if he was undergeared its stupid how two friends can kick whoever they wish
I would have left, too.

Sometimes I'm REALLY that stubborn.

Adaliaya
02.03.2014 , 12:49 PM | #34
Well for me leaving is always last option, if I just cannon carry group trough FP anyhow, simply because I hate sitting in queue

Adaliaya
02.04.2014 , 03:07 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyGreggy View Post
Good to hear things are improving for you personally, although it does sound like it's you that's finding your feet rather than getting better groups. You should NEVER have to apologise as a healer for getting mobs off you, they shouldn't even be on you in the first place.
Basically you're right but I've been kicked times many enough so I prefer apologize my groupmates than sit in queue once again Its just one single time I've been kicked for using Cloud Mind, but better to be sure, right
Because mobs off from me means mobs to someone else. DPS aren't equipped to take hits and even tanks have their limits too many mobs will kill anyone

morfius
02.04.2014 , 10:12 AM | #36
Also some tanks refuse to use taunts at all, because they think they are fatal for them.
On Mandalorian Raiders there comes fight against Imperial Boarding party where is 3 or 4 gold mobs. I was with badly geared vanguard dps, and shadowtank and sentinel from same guild. Before fight tank and sent explained tactic that would be everyone taking one mob, so no one would get too much damage. I agreed because I knew that guildies held power to kick me off, even if I personally prefer healing only one target instead of many of them because switching breaks my healing rotation.
So fight begun. I got dual wielder on me, tank took ranged officer and rest went to our poor vanguard. He had poor gear and he couldn't take many hits, and I couldn't heal him much since tank also needed heal and myself. Vanguard asked for taunt but tank answered something like I have one already. So additional mob would have been sentinels to take but ofc he had no taunt. I couldn't keep vanguard up and he fell. Inq that had been on him came to me but sentinel took that off. Luckily sent and shadow were geared so we didn't wipe.
Side note: vanguard got kicked. I felt sorry for him even if he was undergeared its stupid how two friends can kick whoever they wish
Maybe all talented players play with their guild so there is a lot uneducated in GF. Also Eclipse seems to be quite popular starter server
If those was my guild members I would leave guild... if it was just 3 of them in PUG I would tell them to play properly or kick me (no penalty) but I wouldn't learn them that they have power to screw over others while refuse to learn how game is supposed to be played.
Then those going straight in ignore list...
Get a good guild and stay out of GF, it seems rakghoul plague is spreading brain dead mentality.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

Adaliaya
02.04.2014 , 01:46 PM | #37
Now I'm member of a guild. Managed finally find one I tried one FP with them and they said I performed well everything was smooth and silk there maybe it's not about me being good healer, it's propably they being good but at least no wipes or even deaths Tank propably had good mitigation he often had about seven mobs on him and yet even I managed easily keep him alive. DPS also performed great, it was fast run and no one pulled additional mobs. Tank even apologized me when few mobs came to me he was great. I hope I get to play with them again someday

NoFishing
02.04.2014 , 01:53 PM | #38
I hope I get to play with them again someday
Yep, having a good group around you makes all the difference. Congrats.

MidichIorian
02.04.2014 , 02:09 PM | #39
Not to be a dick or anything but learn to use your aggro drop, you are going to need it when you have 7K HPS at end-game. I can't remember the last time I, on DD or healer, didnt use my aggro drop on pretty much every CD during group content.

NoFishing
02.04.2014 , 02:37 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
Not to be a dick or anything but learn to use your aggro drop, you are going to need it when you have 7K HPS at end-game. I can't remember the last time I, on DD or healer, didnt use my aggro drop on pretty much every CD during group content.
7K HPS would be 3.5K TPS, which means a tank only needs to generate 2.7K to keep aggro off you assuming you are staying at range. If your tank can't manage at least 2.7K TPS, they need to work on their rotation. Outside of a couple of very specific situations, healer threat drops should be completely unnecessary at end game.