Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

100% way to determine if your team is going to lose badly

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
100% way to determine if your team is going to lose badly

DarthVindictus's Avatar


DarthVindictus
01.30.2014 , 06:22 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by -Streven- View Post
Quitting matches just because of premades isn't helping anything. Agreed large premades can be slightly obnoxious but quitting is more obnoxious.
Quitting a match and requeueing while it's still going on might get you in a more evenly matched game.

There's nothing fun about trying to fight a well coordinated team with a PuG. they just farm you. You can't even improve your skills because they virtually spawn camp you just outside of range of your capital ship

Gavin_Kelvar's Avatar


Gavin_Kelvar
01.30.2014 , 07:42 PM | #12
I play on JC and most of the matches I've been in recently look like the players have fairly full ship bars. I myself only have 3 ships as I focus on the Type 1 striker, have no interest in playing a GS, and only have the 2 scouts that I rarely use.

That being said I play republic and concede that they do seem to win more often than not. (I don't do any of the premades)

lukeras's Avatar


lukeras
01.30.2014 , 08:30 PM | #13
please read my post called ''galactic starfigther is unfair'' i hope your like it

Quote: Originally Posted by Dreamquencher View Post
At least on Jedi Covenant, if 5+ members of opposing team have 5 ships to choose from, but only 1 of your team (myself, usually) has 5 ships...the probability of your team losing badly approaches 100%. I have been playing GSF since day 1. This situation has only gotten worse since "preferred" players were included.

I enjoy a good fight. 1000 to 900 is cool. 1000 to zero is not. EA, work on your team match algorithm. Thanks.
█///{۞}\\\█∑ị█████████████████████████████)

BrianDavion's Avatar


BrianDavion
01.30.2014 , 10:54 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVindictus View Post
Quitting a match and requeueing while it's still going on might get you in a more evenly matched game.

There's nothing fun about trying to fight a well coordinated team with a PuG. they just farm you. You can't even improve your skills because they virtually spawn camp you just outside of range of your capital ship
or it might mean you get back into said match.

or wait for 15 minutes and get grouped with the same people.

Zharik's Avatar


Zharik
01.31.2014 , 02:01 AM | #15
So what if there are about 8 people Rep and Imp (each) side that are queuing? If the experience levels are vastly different, no group-finder logarithm will work.

The only option is cross server queues to increase the pool of players to choose from. This might be a nightmare to code if they "painted themselves into a corner" with the original code. But since all Space PvP is equal regardless of server type, cross server doesn't yield any benefit/penalty.
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Members (x18).

My Referral Link for some Free things (for you and me)

SomeJagoff's Avatar


SomeJagoff
01.31.2014 , 06:57 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
The team matching? They better not turn it on. I never get any damned matches as it is, the last thing I need is it deciding I can't play while letting the noobs play holdyhands.
This is a valid point, but with the influx of F2P players, it shouldn't be as much of an issue.

Just basic group type matchmaking would be ideal, something like this:

4man pub premade + 4 pub pugs = Team 1
4man pub premade + 4 pub pugs = Team 2

As it is now, it's pretty much this:

4man pub premade + 4man pub premade = Team 1
8 pub pugs = Team 2

Swapping 1 group to the other team to even the playing field wouldn't increase queue times. I'd be fine with something like that and nobody should be against an idea like this.

Separating people based on ratings or something similar would be bad, because there are too few starfighter players as is. I would be against something like this unless they implemented Cross Server (which they've already said they wont)

And to OP, yeah, you're right, but it's probably more like a 99% thing, because I was in a match the other day where it was Team 1 with 4-5 ships and All of team 2 with 2-3ships....Team 2 won. It was definitely unexpected.
Free Character Transfer & Other Goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/bgpK6G

NemoSD's Avatar


NemoSD
01.31.2014 , 12:27 PM | #17
How to know you are going to lose 100% of the time on Bergeran's Colony.

You are Imperial.
You Queue.
Queue pops.
It is not Wargames against Imps.

dscount's Avatar


dscount
01.31.2014 , 12:40 PM | #18
Confirmed on The Harbinger as well.

I que up and see a crap ton of "Two Ship Only" on our team and look at the other team and see maybe 1-2 at most.

Time to DROP GROUP. Too many times I said "Maybe these guys are not that bad..." and end up regretting.

BIOWARE
- Please fix your match making abilities!
Reference Link: Why bother? Folks dropping sub's like flys lately. http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

Suggestions to Bioware: Release "REAL" Sub rewards list.

Zharik's Avatar


Zharik
01.31.2014 , 01:13 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
Time to DROP GROUP. Too many times I said "Maybe these guys are not that bad..." and end up regretting.
Wow, that's a d-bag move. Making it so a dozen other other people can't play at all cause "you're stuck with noobs".
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Members (x18).

My Referral Link for some Free things (for you and me)

Eldrenath's Avatar


Eldrenath
01.31.2014 , 02:02 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Zharik View Post
Wow, that's a d-bag move. Making it so a dozen other other people can't play at all cause "you're stuck with noobs".
While I see your point, I have to disagree. The bottom line is it simply isn't fun going into a match where you know you stand no chance and you're going to get farmed. I've had MANY pops when I'm on imp side where my entire team is 2-3 ships and the pub side is nearly all 5-ships and with pilots I know are excellent with lots of skill, experience, and ship upgrades. Even if you're a fairly decent pilot you don't stand a chance--you'll get 2-, 3-, and 4-teamed and shot down over and over and over.

Most folks that play MMOs play for fun. If something isn't fun then there's no point in doing it. I don't often drop queues but I have done so several times when I see a match that I know is going to be particularly bad. I don't feel bad about it at all. I play MMOs for fun. I don't mind a challenge at all--in fact I would WAY rather lose a latch 1000 to 900 than win 1000 to 50 because the 1000 to 900 match was likely a challenge.

The bottom line is that as long as folks are going to form big premades and farm the heck out of the opposition then they're going to have to deal with their matches occasionally failing to start because folks drop. Does that suck? Yes it does. And it sucks for the other folks that got the queue pop as well. But it also sucks to walk into a farming session and no one should be forced to play a match that is going to be completely not-fun for one team if they don't want to.