Ebon Hawk RP Hate Thread

GuardianElite

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense to any of them OOCly, but holy ****. Any of <The Sith Brotherhood> pubside.

Okay, RPing as Dark Jedi? I can dig it, that's all good if you do it right.

RPing as full-blown Sith on TYTHON(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) in public? No, just stop.

That'd be like me making Celden a jugg OOCly, getting the same gear, putting him on Korriban, and making him start preaching the Jedi Code to the acolytes.

Imperial Intelligence agents who show little intelligence by saying they're agents right in the middle of cantinas or public spaces.

Jedi who claim not to face any sort of restriction/punishment for having romantic partners.

Thugs who roleplay Mandos and believe the whole idea is to "smash little things".

Though my personal hate is when people walk up and go "Hi <insert my character's name here>" when I've never met them. Yes my toon has a name over his/her head but don't assume that's their actual name, or even the name they're using on that day.

Anyone who ERPs in a public place. Seriously. Unless your IC profession is a lady of the night, just stop.

People who blurt out their whole backstory in a single emote in response to being asked if they want a drink.

Romance-happy "Jedi". On fleet.

In a similar vein, BDSM-happy Sith. On fleet. Though I can see more justification there…

Oh, and anyone who has ever Galactic Party Bombed a group of legitimately good RPers.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

No offense to any of them OOCly, but holy ****. Any of <The Sith Brotherhood> pubside.

Okay, RPing as Dark Jedi? I can dig it, that's all good if you do it right.

RPing as full-blown Sith on TYTHON(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) in public? No, just stop.

That'd be like me making Celden a jugg OOCly, getting the same gear, putting him on Korriban, and making him start preaching the Jedi Code to the acolytes.

Or ANY Sith Pub side. It isn't going to work, kid.

I really hate Grey Jedi. :|

IC or OOC? ;-)

There is this dislike I have from an OOC standpoint, but that's because I REALLY love Jedi in the Order who struggle with the emotions of being human(oid) and following the Code. I think it's such an awesome concept and most of the Greys I encounter are all 'Well, I just do what I want! Let's get married and have babies and DRINK!' and there is this part of me that is all 'oh no, you could totally have this great character AND still follow the Code and that's so much coolleeerrr!~~!'

But, of course, I'm not going to stop anyone from playing them, obviously and I'm not going to NOT RP with them because of it...but

IC, Gevi HATES greys. She thinks they are irresponsible, dangerous, reckless in a BAD way, and aren't really Jedi, but people who can't stand the heat of the Order. They are drop outs! She's a bit too Corellian to have her opinion changed.

Yeah everyone wants to be a "special" character and it's kind of weird to see every other Sith say "Oh I'm not like those other Sith I'm good" (I only have Imp characters, but friends with Pub characters say the opposite happens over there and there's mountains of Dark Jedi) and it really makes no sense.

That and the random mercenaries/agents who openly talk about how ****** the Sith are ON VAIKEN STATION. That would probably send your life expectancy into the "seconds-to-minutes" range. No one wants to bow and scrape (see "everyone wants to be special" above) but there's a difference between not participating in the bowing-and-sc****** and just behaving completely irrationally.

EDIT: "Scrap-ing" is word filtered? What? Someone got overzealous there in the naughty word filter.

Edited by Paintcheck

I hate:

Cantina RP. It has it's place when characters are taking a break, sure. But there are some people who literally all they do is stand around in the cantina talking about stuff.

Grey Jedi Sure, there are some reasons to RP a grey jedi. However, the common use of it is 'I wanna' be a jedi, but I don't want to deal with any of the downsides of actually being a jedi.' And that's just crap.

Troopers (and such) Wearing nothing but skivvies in public If you’re going to wear the slave outfit or some other form of super revealing clothing IC, do not get your panties in a twist when another character calls you out on it. You’ll come off as a much stronger character if you just stand your ground and embrace it. That being said, also keep it realistic. Carrick Station, the main hub for the Republic Fleet and the Republic Military, is /not/ a place where people would be roaming around in boots, panties, and a tube top…especially if they work for the Republic Military, SIS, or are part of the Jedi.

if there is a good IC reason behind it, it totally fits and it's awesome. Unfortunately, most of the people I've seen wearing it have been using it for dancing or just an excuse to have their **** out. I mean...come on, what kind of on-duty trooper would wear that? For serious, people. </Rant>

I joined this server from Jung Ma because friends of mine played on it and I used to be a role player but I haven't done mmo role play since Prologue died a while back and the quality of RP here is kinda baffling from what I'm used to. While I do see a bunch of good role players I see a lot more bad role players and that deters me from joining in. What I see is pretty much only cantina role play.

The role play I see outside of cantina's are pretty much done exclusively to starter worlds and it's usually some sith acting like a over zealous sith or mandalorians trying to be overly tough. When I started a pub character I saw a lot of random jedi acting like sith which was silly all things considered.

I joined this server from Jung Ma because friends of mine played on it and I used to be a role player but I haven't done mmo role play since Prologue died a while back and the quality of RP here is kinda baffling from what I'm used to. While I do see a bunch of good role players I see a lot more bad role players and that deters me from joining in. What I see is pretty much only cantina role play.

The role play I see outside of cantina's are pretty much done exclusively to starter worlds and it's usually some sith acting like a over zealous sith or mandalorians trying to be overly tough. When I started a pub character I saw a lot of random jedi acting like sith which was silly all things considered.

I've found that a lot of the random stuff you'll find at the starter planets isn't the best, but I chalk that up to new people getting into RP. I know when I was new to it, I did some questionable things and in regards to Korriban, the place is full of jerks in the story, so it's obvious why people act that way in character.

Cantina RP is popular because cantinas are where people usually are. They are known for RP, so people go there to find RP. Some of it is pretty silly, I won't lie, but I've had a few decent conversations on Gevi there.

Good OOC connections are the best way to get some great RP going, or so I've found. Feel free to /cjoin OOC for some nice OOC ramblings and making some connections. There is also the /rp channel that acts as an open frequency to chat on, all IC, of course. These work on both sides.