Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranked PVP (rewards) and Bioware their support

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Ranked PVP (rewards) and Bioware their support

SW-TORtanic
02.05.2014 , 02:01 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
Fine. Explain to me, in great detail, how ranked should work in standard WZs. My mind is open. Wow me.
How are we gonna 'wow' a pve carebear? You clearly have no intention for a mature discussion and you have no experience or knowledge in and of the pvp community.

TUXs
02.05.2014 , 02:04 PM | #32
Fine. Explain to me, in great detail, how ranked should work in standard WZs. My mind is open. Wow me.
Ranked was working better in standard WZ's than it currently is in Arenas. Neither are what I think they should have done though. For Ranked, they could have simply done what they just did for GSF - introduce a pure DM mode of the same maps since you seem to think guarding was the big issue. I think they should have invested the arena resources into more maps...variety is what I feel is drastically missing from PvP (ranked or unranked).
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

AlienEyeTX
02.05.2014 , 02:06 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by SW-TORtanic View Post
How are we gonna 'wow' a pve carebear? You clearly have no intention for a mature discussion and you have no experience or knowledge in and of the pvp community.
And you have no clue what you're writing about. Practically all I do is PvP. But, thanks for the attempted troll. Better luck next time.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

TUXs
02.05.2014 , 02:07 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
5char
Fine - Nobody I know wanted arenas. Nobody I know, ever asked for them. Nobody I know ever suggested them. They were very much a waste of Dev resources (imo of course...please read ALL of my comments as being MY OPINION). They can be fun...I won't argue that, but they aren't what PvP needed (imo).
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

Uber_the_Goober
02.05.2014 , 02:08 PM | #35
Same format as previously...just end preseason and get into the legit rewards.

Expand maps, expand gametypes, sure include arenas who cares.

Just not letting it squander and die...there's your great detail. All that's needed...just some attention and love.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

Uber_the_Goober
02.05.2014 , 02:10 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Fine - Nobody I know wanted arenas. Nobody I know, ever asked for them. Nobody I know ever suggested them. They were very much a waste of Dev resources (imo of course...please read ALL of my comments as being MY OPINION). They can be fun...I won't argue that, but they aren't what PvP needed (imo).
Well extrapolating common opinion from the small subset of people YOU KNOW is a poor way to begin an argument. It also sets you up for having your arguments ignored.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

AlienEyeTX
02.05.2014 , 02:11 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Ranked was working better in standard WZ's than it currently is in Arenas. Neither are what I think they should have done though. For Ranked, they could have simply done what they just did for GSF - introduce a pure DM mode of the same maps since you seem to think guarding was the big issue. I think they should have invested the arena resources into more maps...variety is what I feel is drastically missing from PvP (ranked or unranked).
No, I said guarding is ONE of the issues. Something I've noticed is that a lot of players don't realize or care about the importance of objectives. To me, the person who takes a bunch of deaths because they are the only one trying to cap a node is more valuable than the DPS who just sits an d waits for the opposing team to run back to the fight. That person might get a ton of medals and a high kill count, but the one who was actually trying to win is more valuable, in my eyes. Some people just toss the MVP to the person who healed the most. Some to the one who has the most medals. Rarely, someone gives a vote to the person with the most objectives points.

Arenas remove the ambiguity. On a small team, with the only objectives being to kill and not get killed, the team members will know full well who played the biggest roll in a victory or who tried hardest in a crushing defeat.

-eric

SW-TORtanic
02.05.2014 , 02:14 PM | #38
And you have no clue what you're writing about. Practically all I do is PvP. But, thanks for the attempted troll. Better luck next time.
then if all you do is pvp then u should realize that most pvp'ers didn't ask for Arenas nor did they particularly want them

AlienEyeTX
02.05.2014 , 02:15 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Same format as previously...just end preseason and get into the legit rewards.

Expand maps, expand gametypes, sure include arenas who cares.

Just not letting it squander and die...there's your great detail. All that's needed...just some attention and love.
Honestly, I can see the value in this more than simply removing arenas, as some people suggest. Keep everything the same as it is in unranked and let the chips fall where they may. With arenas in the mix, it would at least balance things out a little bit. Still not the ideal solution, but the best one I've seen so far.

-eric

AlienEyeTX
02.05.2014 , 02:16 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by SW-TORtanic View Post
then if all you do is pvp then u should realize that most pvp'ers didn't ask for Arenas nor did they particularly want them
I don't know. I didn't start PvPing until arenas were introduced. Now I'm hooked, though.

-eric