Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranked PVP (rewards) and Bioware their support

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Ranked PVP (rewards) and Bioware their support

Reno_Tarshil
01.29.2014 , 07:03 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Erasimus View Post
Don't feed the trolls. If you say it takes more skill to win a NASCAR race than to drive to Circle K, he'll just say that is an opinion
But it is an opinion... I don't see how that's "trolling".
Supposed Member of "The Forum Apologist 5!" According to "The Reno_Tarshil Forum Fan Brigade!"
Quote:
I like Tacos.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free Tacos.

cycao
01.29.2014 , 09:29 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
False. By not doing anything, the relic will not proc.

It requires actions from the players doing something for the relics to proc. Therefor requiring input, therefor requiring Skill.
If I had a relic that had a 0.01% chance of a proc which inst-killed and I spammed saber strike and I killed someone because of it that would be skill?

stealthrider
01.30.2014 , 04:20 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
False. By not doing anything, the relic will not proc.

It requires actions from the players doing something for the relics to proc. Therefor requiring input, therefor requiring Skill.
...No it does not.

All I have to do is sit in cover as a Sniper and wait, and my relic will proc at some point.

All I have to do on my tank is run into the enemy team and stand still, and my relics will proc.

All I have to do for any DPS relic is to just spam my basic attack, and the relics will proc.

No input required. Could just go AFK. It takes more skill to roll a die than it does to use passive RNG relics. You are, frankly, a moron if you actually believe what you're saying.
 /l、
(゚、 。 7 - Adorable cat is adorable.
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Aries_cz
01.30.2014 , 04:40 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by stealthrider View Post
All I have to do is sit in cover as a Sniper and wait, and my relic will proc at some point.
What relic procs from sitting in cover and not doing anything (attacking or being attacked)?
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Uber_the_Goober
02.05.2014 , 12:41 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
What relic procs from sitting in cover and not doing anything (attacking or being attacked)?
Go read some tooltips.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

AlienEyeTX
02.05.2014 , 12:50 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
- nobody wanted arenas
That's a mighty wide brush you paint with. Arenas are fun and are, if we're being honest, the most fair way to apply rankings. Seriously, if someone sits on node, guarding it, in Civil War, they will get no MVP votes. They're doing an essential job, but they get squat for doing it. How do you fairly determine someone's performance in the larger WZs? Not easy. And I can think of many more examples that fit into this.

Long story short, pull your head out and look at things from another perspective. They make a surprising amount of good sense.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

Aries_cz
02.05.2014 , 01:17 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Go read some tooltips.
Oh gee, thanks for the helpful tip. I do read the tooltips, FYI.
The only relic that might trigger without any direct action by player or attack on that particular player is the healing relic proccing from the heal while in cover talent... which is kinda stupid for sniper...
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Uber_the_Goober
02.05.2014 , 01:21 PM | #28
- preseason lasted over a year
yeah...fail
- when they switched to season 1, they removed 8v8
- no reason other than e-peen to do it
- no incentive
- no rewards
- no daily/weekly
- no class balance
- no match making
all legit fails
- nobody wanted arenas
not true, even a little bit. don't mix up your fails. this one ain't bioware's fault.

Don't blame the players for Bioware's **** ups.
It falls on the shoulders of Bioware, sure. But...don't say nobody wanted arenas. Plenty of people asked for them, and enjoy them. It's just a poor implementation I think. FWIW, I enjoy arenas in regs, but in Ranked, it just magnifies minor class imbalances a bit too much. I prefer objective style warzones, but arenas have their place. Don't eliminate! Improve
5char
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

TUXs
02.05.2014 , 01:22 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
That's a mighty wide brush you paint with. Arenas are fun and are, if we're being honest, the most fair way to apply rankings. Seriously, if someone sits on node, guarding it, in Civil War, they will get no MVP votes. They're doing an essential job, but they get squat for doing it. How do you fairly determine someone's performance in the larger WZs? Not easy. And I can think of many more examples that fit into this.

Long story short, pull your head out and look at things from another perspective. They make a surprising amount of good sense.
Pull my head out of what?? And who's perspective am I supposed to look at it from? Bioware's?

You highlight the main issue most people have with WZ's (not wanting to guard), yet you think 4v4 Arena's was the BEST way to solve the problem? Nobody was asking for smaller scale PvP...people wanted BIGGER scale PvP and MORE maps. Arenas suck. They may serve a purpose during slow periods, but when you can't get more than 4 people per faction to queue for PvP, there's another issue that should be addressed.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

AlienEyeTX
02.05.2014 , 01:58 PM | #30
Pull my head out of what?? And who's perspective am I supposed to look at it from? Bioware's?

You highlight the main issue most people have with WZ's (not wanting to guard), yet you think 4v4 Arena's was the BEST way to solve the problem? Nobody was asking for smaller scale PvP...people wanted BIGGER scale PvP and MORE maps. Arenas suck. They may serve a purpose during slow periods, but when you can't get more than 4 people per faction to queue for PvP, there's another issue that should be addressed.
Fine. Explain to me, in great detail, how ranked should work in standard WZs. My mind is open. Wow me.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric