Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Charge & CC

Cempa
01.29.2014 , 04:48 AM | #1
Question, have you ever been CC'd mid force charge? Is it possible at all? Stun, mezz or even a root? What about knock back?
When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master.

Kaos_KidSWTOR
01.29.2014 , 08:16 AM | #2
I know ive been pushed back, but i dont think ive been CC'd during a Force Charge/Force Leap.

Telaan
01.29.2014 , 09:09 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaos_KidSWTOR View Post
I know ive been pushed back, but i dont think ive been CC'd during a Force Charge/Force Leap.
Knockback is a form of cc and it happens regularly. However the OP is a well known troll in the pvp forum who creates a new thread on a daily basis to whine about roots associated with this class.

Cempa, l2p.
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Defender/Healing 2xxx/Enhancer xxx3

Savej
01.30.2014 , 10:03 PM | #4
You can be cc'd but you'll get to your target first and if you fire off a non-range-specific instant attack (like sweep) while you're in mid air it will go off right after you land and before the cc hits you.

Tevzz
01.31.2014 , 03:58 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Telaan View Post
Knockback is a form of cc and it happens regularly. However the OP is a well known troll in the pvp forum who creates a new thread on a daily basis to whine about roots associated with this class.

Cempa, l2p.
IKR everyday I just skim through the threads and there's always a thread that, despite looking innocent and made out of curiosity, hides a "ZOMG NURF ROOTZ 1!1!1!" idea.
Vanov - CarnageVanv - VengeanceDarrthvanov - DeceptionVnv - FocusVa'nov - APVnov - Concealment
The Shadowlands - Reading Rainbow - Triumph

Vodrin
01.31.2014 , 05:15 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
Question, have you ever been CC'd mid force charge? Is it possible at all? Stun, mezz or even a root? What about knock back?
As I explained to you in your thread in the PvP forums, the way charge works in this game it is treated by the engine as an instant event, so you can be CC'd while charging, but since you teleport instantly to your target you just arrive CC'd. That is you arrive rooted, snared, or stunned. If the target activates a knockback at the same time you start your charge you will seem to fly to the target normally, see his knockback go off while on the way, and immediately be knocked back on landing.

There also is some screwy stuff that can happen if the clients don't see the leaper and target in the same place the server does.