Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Slicing] Is running slicing missions useless?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Slicing] Is running slicing missions useless?

AlrikFassbauer
02.02.2014 , 11:08 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Fidelicatessen View Post
Lockbox missions aren't really for making money, in my experience. They're for skilling up.
For my lowest levels (Coruscant), I found them very valuable. They gave me more than enough money, then.
<S-key to victory> Because flying with s-foils is more fun.

We are the result of our experiences.

eartharioch
02.02.2014 , 01:44 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by LydMekk View Post
Reported.
Please mangle the link when you make these replies...
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!

eartharioch
02.02.2014 , 01:44 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
reported. DO NOT open this link!!!
Please mangle the link when you make these replies...
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!

Sorei
02.02.2014 , 03:50 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Deadlynits View Post
and one more reported. suddenly so many such posts everywhere and link edited in quote to make in non clickable
still looks clickable to me (won't actually test it). Yeah, those posts are getting annoying... way to ruin other player's fun...can't trust any link here anymore without carefully checking it first.

MaximilianPower
02.02.2014 , 10:40 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorei View Post
still looks clickable to me (won't actually test it). Yeah, those posts are getting annoying... way to ruin other player's fun...can't trust any link here anymore without carefully checking it first.
Technically still clickable but won't go anywhere (well, "swor.com" instead of swtor.com). So it was indeed appropriately edited. Just hover over the link (or long-press if you're on a touchscreen device) to see where the link goes before you click.
Hey, Barsen'thor Bill
What did you kill
Barsen'thor Bill

Zuckerkorn Zuckernaut Spiderzuck Bøbløblaw EddieBrøck SylvesterMcbean Zuck-srw'i
TøbiasFünke MaebyFünke MaximilianPower MaxPower-srw
Jedi Covenant / Shadowlands / Harbinger / The Ebon Hawk / Bastion / Begeren Colony /The Red Eclipse / Progenitor

Shadowlands Reconnaisance Wing / Retrocide / Imperial Entanglements

EarnestBunbury
02.02.2014 , 11:53 PM | #16
I have gone DAYS without a slicing crit... 4 in fact and I play a lot, so I find that slicing is a huge waste of time and credits... I have gone to several scavenging missions and making mk-9's with the use of 4 toons doing those. With Tanno Vic +5 crit, I get double mk-9's more, MUCH more often than any slicing crit. I even filed a ticket on the lack of slicing crits I was getting, that is how bad slicing was. Slicing... BAH!

Sorei
02.03.2014 , 12:00 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximilianPower View Post
Technically still clickable but won't go anywhere (well, "swor.com" instead of swtor.com). So it was indeed appropriately edited. Just hover over the link (or long-press if you're on a touchscreen device) to see where the link goes before you click.
My bad, I assumed he/she had planned to make the link technically non clickable and didn't notice the minor change to the address. I hovered over it, but the change was so small, I didn't notice it.

Thanks for clearing that up

On topic: There are days I get several crits and there are days I get none. I run slicing on 4 characters. For me, it's not bugged from all I can tell. Maybe you just had bad RGN.

Deadlynits
02.03.2014 , 12:07 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by EarnestBunbury View Post
I have gone DAYS without a slicing crit... 4 in fact and I play a lot, so I find that slicing is a huge waste of time and credits... I have gone to several scavenging missions and making mk-9's with the use of 4 toons doing those. With Tanno Vic +5 crit, I get double mk-9's more, MUCH more often than any slicing crit. I even filed a ticket on the lack of slicing crits I was getting, that is how bad slicing was. Slicing... BAH!
oh its been like that for me as well. for maybe around 4 days with tharon, treek, hk. all 3 slicing mission never gave me crit. and i almost ran them like 4 times/day. so basically 16*3 to no result is really disappointing and time consuming and waste of creds as well. they are at 10k affection btw.

I did 1 letter change as it should look like what he posted still, but shouldnt help him
Asuna-sao Sage 55 Darkblow Scoundrel 55 Deathstrikes Sentinal 55 Kiritosw Mercenary 55 Findme Sniper 55 Pubspy Operative 39 Shadowstab Shadow 39 Yuukii Juggernaut 22 Shadygirl Assasin 55 Lazybum Vanguard 55 Darkrage Juggernaut 55
Pillars Of Ashla Ashes Of Ashla

AlrikFassbauer
02.03.2014 , 07:01 AM | #19
and one more reported. suddenly so many such posts everywhere and link edited in quote to make in non clickable
They are everywhere, because the devs have stated to include something against this in Patch 2.6, which is coming on next Tuesday.

This is just an "last-minute-frenzy", nothing more.
<S-key to victory> Because flying with s-foils is more fun.

We are the result of our experiences.

psandak
02.03.2014 , 10:20 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by EarnestBunbury View Post
oh its been like that for me as well. for maybe around 4 days with tharon, treek, hk. all 3 slicing mission never gave me crit. and i almost ran them like 4 times/day. so basically 16*3 to no result is really disappointing and time consuming and waste of creds as well. they are at 10k affection btw.

I did 1 letter change as it should look like what he posted still, but shouldnt help him
And I crit five times in six missions (two credit drain, one WtW, and two Unsliceable) on two characters on Friday and Saturday. Streaks happen.

Remember these words well:
  • Random does not equate to Even.
  • No single mission run affects the result of any other mission
  • A 22% chance to succeed (the best you can get with Slicing: max affection + companion bonus) is also a 78% chance of failure.
  • And lastly, only very large numbers of trials bear out that the system is working. Back in October I tracked 1500 crew skill events and even that is a small sample.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Ulunnes (Commando)
Zaggema (Sin) Daellia (Merc) Carrud (Marauder) Quith'edi'ata (Operative)

high end schematics * best crew skills * crew skill money making * Probability 101