Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Root Vs. Force Charge

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Root Vs. Force Charge

Cempa
01.29.2014 , 12:43 AM | #1
Force Charge and Creeping Terror (2 sec ranged root):

I have been trying for days now to root a charging Warrior mid charge but can not. I have played around with when to cast from as soon as to even guess when the warrior will charge and each and every time the Warrior gets to his target.

Is this intended? Is it intended that Force Charge grants CC immunity during the charge?

Not talking about unstoppable either been testing this for days against Juggs and Mara of all builds....
“When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master.”

cashogy_reborn
01.29.2014 , 12:47 AM | #2
If youre talking about trying to root them mid-animation, I would think that they should get rooted upon landing? Not totally sure.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Helig
01.29.2014 , 01:47 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
If youre talking about trying to root them mid-animation, I would think that they should get rooted upon landing? Not totally sure.
I think so as well. Once the leap has started, the animation needs to be completed. Root debuff timer ticks as normal, in case you rooted them mid-flight.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Telaan
01.29.2014 , 03:13 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
Force Charge and Creeping Terror (2 sec ranged root):

I have been trying for days now to root a charging Warrior mid charge but can not. I have played around with when to cast from as soon as to even guess when the warrior will charge and each and every time the Warrior gets to his target.

Is this intended? Is it intended that Force Charge grants CC immunity during the charge?

Not talking about unstoppable either been testing this for days against Juggs and Mara of all builds....
You create new whiny threads like people take a dump. Both are done on a daily basis and stink like ****.
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Defender/Healing 2xxx/Enhancer xxx3

Cempa
01.29.2014 , 03:24 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Telaan View Post
You create new whiny threads like people take a dump. Both are done on a daily basis and stink like ****.
The only stink is your ignorance and lack of any value added, go back under whatever dark and damp rock you came from and spare us you moronic foul person.

Cempa
01.29.2014 , 03:27 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
Indeed, like in WoW if a Warrior should charge -or I anticipate the charge- and stun of fear or root the warrior would actually get dropped out of charge and the CC would land...Not in this game, in essence Charge in this game seems to be a CC immunity!

Any one been able to CC a charging warrior or PT mid charge? Is it an intended CC immunity or something game designers forgot about?

Moreover; my Creeping Terror would land mid charge but the warrior would not get rooted after landing...

Turretboy
01.29.2014 , 03:27 AM | #7
The only stink is your ignorance and lack of any value added, go back under whatever dark and damp rock you came from and spare us you moronic foul person.
the only "moronic" person I see here is you trying to root a warrior half way through a leap animation.

Cempa
01.29.2014 , 03:30 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Turretboy View Post
the only "moronic" person I see here is you trying to root a warrior half way through a leap animation.
I'm testing game mechanics but you are here not to add value just whine so please leave the thread kid.

Woebearer
01.29.2014 , 04:12 AM | #9
At least Juggs (don´t know about Maras) have the option to skill immunity against knockbacks and stuns after a leap, I would not wonder if this applies for slowdowns , too.

Turretboy
01.29.2014 , 04:25 AM | #10
I'm testing game mechanics but you are here not to add value just whine so please leave the thread kid.
You must be stupid to "test mechanics" such as this lmao "kid".