Legacy Bound Companion Customizations can't be bought anywhere you want

Transairion

Several topics for this already but it deserves it's own Bug Report.

So yeah, the Rakghoul Event just ended and I went to spent all my hard-earned DNA Canisters across many characters buying every single Infected/Plagued Customization, 140 DNA Canisters in all. Except once I get there, I get a big fat error message about how I don't have the companion I need.

Other companion customization vendors, like on Taris, won't sell you anything but companions you actually have. Why? Because they're bound and they don't want people to buy stuff they can't use.

Except these Infected/Plagued customizations are Legacy Bound, so you can send them anywhere (in my case, I sent them all to my Sage for storage when not in use), so why is there a limit on who can purchase them? I have the Reputation I need, and more than enough of the currency, but every time I try and buy for a character that wasn't high enough level to do the event it just gives me error after error.

These are the only Legacy-bound items in the game I've found so far that behave this way, every other one allows you to buy it even if you can't use it on this particular character. I play a Trooper, I can't use the BBA Blaster Pistols, but I can still buy them. I can't use the Sword of the Viglant either, a Vibrosword, but I can still buy it. I can buy anything BoL that I can't use on my Trooper and send it anywhere I want, EXCEPT for these customizations.

Really hoping this is a bug because it's simply horrible design if it is not: there is no point these items being Bound to Legacy if you can't even buy them across your Legacy to send them where they are needed. For this reason, combined with the fact DNA Canisters are bound as well, I can't get a single Sith Warrior or Bounty Hunter customization despite having all the Canisters and Reputation needed: it simply won't allow me to buy them on a non Warrior/Bounty Hunter.

Dev input would be stellar, thanks.

I agree. After stockpiling these Infected Companion Customizations during the original Rakghoul event, I was only missing 1 of the lower-level customization kits. I expected to be able to get it this time by putting in some additional effort with my main. Wrong again.

In the original Rak event, you purchased a RNG box. When you opened it, you'd get a random Infected Companion Customization. The whole "needs Elara Dorne" thing circumvented by the fact that there were no such restrictions on purchasing the RNG box. However, like all RNG boxes, you run the risk of ending up with 7 untradable, unsellable Infected Vector customizations, and none of the one you actually wanted (true story!). I considered making 7 Agents, but ultimately I decided to destroy 5 of those to clear cargo space.

So yes, there's a huge disconnect here with purchase criteria when these items are BOTH:

- Bound to Legacy

-- and --

- Requiring a specific Companion

I'm sure there are eleventy-four ways to rationalize it , but in general it makes very little sense. Like simultaneously having "Tea" and "No Tea" (look it up).

I'm not sure this should be solved. But if it were, a good solution would be to wrap each of these things in its own Bound non-RNG box. (Infected Elara Dorne Customization Kit --> right-click yields --> Infected Elara Dorne Customization)

Thank you for your time! :rak_02:

Having just realized the vendors were still around, I was disappointed to see this still in place. Any chance of slipping a hotpatch or a little extra code in the 2.6a patch to correct this?

Well, that all depends on when the developers get back to Tait!