Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kicked out of a group for stupid rason thread.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Kicked out of a group for stupid rason thread.

akabane_k
02.03.2014 , 04:30 PM | #31
I got kicked from a group because apparently the group leader was kicked from my guild for being bad.

branmakmuffin
02.04.2014 , 10:57 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
I don't get it. How can people play MMO's for years and not get kicked out of groups?
Did you read the first part of my post? I've done hardly any grouped content since I quit DDO. In TOR, I have grouped once with a player other than the person I duo with. In the 2 years I played LotRO regularly, I grouped maybe 5 or 6 times with players other than the person I duo with.

Quote:
I've been kicked out of groups *and* guilds. I've kicked people from groups and guilds. I've left groups and guilds.
I have quit maybe 2 dozen guilds in the various MMOs I have played over the years. Never been kicked because I get annoyed with them long before they get annoyed with me.

Gorione
02.04.2014 , 12:36 PM | #33
Only reason I've been kicked is due to connection issues due to my ISP. CURSE YOU COMCAST!!

Adwynyth
02.04.2014 , 01:00 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
It was through group finder. When we first started, someone asked had everyone done it before, & I was the only one who said no. No response from anyone after that, & after the 1st convo, I was voted to be kicked.
Yeah, I don't get that. Every time I do Black Talon or Esseles, there's always some weenie who's like HURRY HURRY HURRY. I'll generally ask if it's anybody's first time, and if it is, I don't ask to spacebar through. Everybody should see the story once.

Usually, though, I get completely ignored because most people don't bother reading or they haven't turned off "chat panel fade" and don't see the chat window. *sigh*

Either way, getting kicked for being new sucks. I'd never vote for a kick in that case.
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

Giondi
02.04.2014 , 01:10 PM | #35
I got kicked the other day for not healing. Kept getting whispers from one of the guys in the group asking me why I'm such a fail healer, why would you even queue as a healer if you aren't going to heal, why don't you just go kill yourself and stop being bad at this game.

I was on my Sentinel, apparently my Juyo Zen was the only thing healing the group and the little moron got confused.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bedwarmer View Post
Dear Dps; I assure you that you were, in fact, nowhere remotely close to "One heal from soloing it."
Every MMO forum in under 30 seconds.

PaxSithari
02.04.2014 , 08:47 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Adwynyth View Post
Yeah, I don't get that. Every time I do Black Talon or Esseles, there's always some weenie who's like HURRY HURRY HURRY. I'll generally ask if it's anybody's first time, and if it is, I don't ask to spacebar through. Everybody should see the story once.
That is fast becoming my pet peeve. I know everyone is in a hurry, and wants their phat lewtz and xp - which you miss out on if you skip bonuses, by the by. In the leveling FPs, the more you kill the more xp you get and the more money you make. Especially as we have to get stuff as we go, like in Foundry, why not take a few more minutes over the course of the entire FP and do it? Speaking of Foundry...Yes yes this is your 23rd alt and you've done Foundry over 100 times, but see the group member without rocket boots? He just said it's his first time ever in here, let's let him enjoy the lore-rich show shall we? The enraging response they often give is "they can watch it on youtube". I have yet to think of a proper smarmy response to such foolishness.

Back on topic: haven't been kicked so far. But then, I've not tried tanking, and that may do it. I'm also reluctant to voke-kick another player. Bad playing I can heal through, as there may be people new to that class, or that FP, or that role. Pure rudeness will make me call a vote - I can take jokes, swearing, off-color commentary, even "lol u suk noob!" stuff, but I will not tolerate the N-word, for example. Ninja looting is the other - we're all poor and want to win, stop stealing everyone's green vendor trash or my legit upgrade.
We've forgotten what it is to be Jedi. So I'm going to do some real Jedi work now, and help someone in trouble rather than talk big concepts and run errands for politicians - Bardan Jusik

Jamalzero
02.05.2014 , 07:08 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
It was through group finder. When we first started, someone asked had everyone done it before, & I was the only one who said no. No response from anyone after that, & after the 1st convo, I was voted to be kicked.
Wow yeah thats rude lol

MyaDragon
02.08.2014 , 09:10 PM | #38
Here in SWTOR? Nothing yet (-fingers crossed-)

In WoW? Oh, I got a stupid reason.
Zul'Aman when it was re-vamped in Cata. My bow broke before the third boss and I kindly asked if anyone had a repair mount so I wouldn't have to zone out. They said "no" so I said brb. Pop out, repair, and bounce back in less then two minutes. I was about past the Bear platform when I got:

"You have been kicked from the group"
-.- Seriously?

kirorx
02.08.2014 , 09:35 PM | #39
I got kicked for wearing pvp gear in a 55 hardmode.

I know it's not the best choice but let me explain a bit; it was hammer station and I was in all defense build 65s fully augmented for tanking. Plus I had done this flashpoint Probally a million times with my other tanks but I wanted to start working in this pvp toon

I told them right away when and I got there but one DPS went bananas

I knew it would be fine but I told him I would bow out if the group did not feel comfortable.
Then I asked for one shot at it and said if we wipe or have any problems I will leave.

The DPS guy was still not into it; saying its 69s min. I tried to explain that when these first came out we did them in 61s and 58s with little problem and my gear has higher stats than 61s and that I do progressive raids with my other tanks so I know what I am doing here.

But instead I got the kick, wouldn't of been so bad if he didn't wright in the reason section: GO BACK TO PvP F**

Was pvp gear the best option, no...but I trust my ability to tank In That situation.
The guy just didn't have to such a little jerk about it
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

Omisri
02.12.2014 , 01:26 PM | #40
I was kicked and placed on to ignore for using the music therapy probe between fights to replenish hp and force.
Kleck - Jugg Omisri - Maud Aeox - Assassin Meign - Sorc Idep - Stealthy Operative Jacke - Merc
SWTOR - No longer is it like the pain of a full bladder in your car on a long journey, relieved by a hidden service station. But the dissapointment you get when you find out you were not in a car - you were asleep, just wet yourself, and had to pay for new bedding.