Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kicked out of a group for stupid rason thread.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Kicked out of a group for stupid rason thread.

fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg
01.28.2014 , 09:21 AM | #1
This is a thread to share all of the times you have gotten kicked out of a group for stupid reasons. One of my stories is when I got kicked out of a group for not doing damage even though I was doing more than them.

I want to hear yours.
Speak softly, and carry a big blaster.

branmakmuffin
01.28.2014 , 09:58 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg View Post
This is a thread to share all of the times you have gotten kicked out of a group for stupid reasons. One of my stories is when I got kicked out of a group for not doing damage even though I was doing more than them.
How do you know you were doing more?

Jandi
01.28.2014 , 10:19 AM | #3
This is going to sund incredibly egotistical, or even unbelievable but it's the truth. I've never been kicked from a group, not in SWTOR, not in WOW, not in any MMO for that matter and I've played many in my time. Even in my first MMO, Anarchy Online, I don't think I ever was, though that was a long time ago, so I might have just forgotten.

Callaron
01.28.2014 , 10:50 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
This is going to sund incredibly egotistical, or even unbelievable but it's the truth. I've never been kicked from a group, not in SWTOR, not in WOW, not in any MMO for that matter and I've played many in my time. Even in my first MMO, Anarchy Online, I don't think I ever was, though that was a long time ago, so I might have just forgotten.
Yep. Same here.
The closest I've come was being asked to leave to make room for a guildie of the group I was with, and they did advertise from the very beginning that it was mostly a guild run.
Not to mention they had the common decency of doing it inbetween Operations, not after downing the first boss or crap like that, so I didn't mind at all.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

Machshoot
01.28.2014 , 11:11 AM | #5
I'd probably kick you too if you spelled it rason.

Callaron
01.28.2014 , 12:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Machshoot View Post
I'd probably kick you too if you spelled it rason.
You must be doing a lot of kicking.
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)

branmakmuffin
01.28.2014 , 12:44 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
I've never been kicked from a group, either. But I haven't done significant group content since I stopped playing DDO 3 years ago.

So your tale does not sound unlikely to me, or egotistical. To not get kicked all you have to do is be choosy about whom you group with and then play at least competently (which seems to be beyond most people).

Callaron
01.28.2014 , 12:55 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
So your tale does not sound unlikely to me, or egotistical. To not get kicked all you have to do is be choosy about whom you group with and then play at least competently (which seems to be beyond most people).
I've played mostly with PuGs, so the choosy doesn't really apply to me.
Competence and communication go a long way towards avoiding mishaps though.

Selenial
01.28.2014 , 12:59 PM | #9
I've been kicked once, on a 45k HP (Don't even stack endurance) shadow tank, in TFB HM.

I said quite clearly before the first boss "I'll main tank, slightly more geared than you and we've got solid DPS, just to make sure I guess"

Went into the fight, he taunted off me constantly, I managed to put in chat "Please let me MT" during TK throws, but he wouldnt listen.

EDIT: I'm talking taunting off when not supposed to, as opposed to when meant to, and facing the boss towards the group so they got spat on.

After the fight, he says in ops chat "OMG Scrubby shadow, I'm a VG, Shadow suck, I Main Tank god. Dont tell me to stop pulling L2P" followed by a prompt Kick....

Full BIS 78 shadow kicked from a HM EV for not letting the 29k vanguard tank, who was lucky to even be in TFB HM.

Seems Legit.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

toha
01.28.2014 , 05:09 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
*snip*
45k HP shadow tank,
Kick....

29k vanguard
Keep...
*snip*
Seems Legit.

Wow... Never seen that happen... The wisdom of some people....
Anyway might wanna drop this story of here:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=633655

Let the people have a chuckle,
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Nobody wants your scams.

And if you spent your time doing this, then you are a fool. Shoo, shoo. Get lost.