Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Adding Dyes to Collections

JediRelentless
06.18.2014 , 06:06 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by XiamaraSimi View Post

Do you know how many dyes I would buy and unlock ....
Until you saw an unlock price that you didn't like.
There's no guarantee that changing the system will generate the same amount profits over the long haul for BW.
If the current system is viewed as being a successful money maker then why would BW risk changing it.
A suggestion might sound good but it isn't a good business decision because if it fails it can't be undone.

DomiSotto
06.18.2014 , 07:30 AM | #22
There is a difference between a dye and a mod - mod becomes obsolete in a couple of levels, maybe 4 levels. Dye is a dye on any level. Artificers have NO source of income but dyes, and a very limited set of dyes at that. So, collectible dyes will make Artifice a completely wasted skill, between the already collectible crystals and unlimited planetary comm system that makes crafting enhancements and hilts for sale pointless. So, it leaves dyes and only dyes.

I can't support allowing dye unlocks.

What I wish we could have is more dyes available to crafters. But that's not going to happen, so I would at least want to preserve what we have now.

XiamaraSimi
06.18.2014 , 11:06 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post
There is a difference between a dye and a mod - mod becomes obsolete in a couple of levels, maybe 4 levels. Dye is a dye on any level. Artificers have NO source of income but dyes, and a very limited set of dyes at that. So, collectible dyes will make Artifice a completely wasted skill, between the already collectible crystals and unlimited planetary comm system that makes crafting enhancements and hilts for sale pointless. So, it leaves dyes and only dyes.

I can't support allowing dye unlocks.

What I wish we could have is more dyes available to crafters. But that's not going to happen, so I would at least want to preserve what we have now.
I think pretyy much everyone already agreed to only make -Cartel Market- dyes go into collections.

It might be different on your server, but on jung ma black/blue and black/red stay around 20k... I make -way- more money selling hilts & enhancements.... they usually go for 50k or more...

DomiSotto
06.18.2014 , 11:38 AM | #24
Yes, that's different on my server. Hilts and enhancements are <5 thou and won't sell anyway. A simple dye is 15 to 30 thou range and go within a day. If people can unlock a CM dye, they would buy a CM dye, and will never buy a crafted dye, the same way that happened to Crystals.

The_Natoorat
06.18.2014 , 05:09 PM | #25
I have wrote about this before in a similar thread, but here we go:

NO to unlocks

Here is why:
At the moment crafters provide alternative for most desired black/black and white/white dyes. If cartel dyes are reclaimable, than those crafters will be pretty much out of the job, given that enhancements are dirt cheep with planetary comms. I am not sure about end game crafting, ask someone else.

With dyes it works like that: most people don't want to spend millions of credits on single use vanity item, that is understandable. So you get cheaper alternative: namely Black/Red or White/Yellow(I think that's the one). If on the other hand you can spawn it through collections than you cough out few mills for dye and then, after unlocking, have it for free for every character and NPC and whatever. With that option available to you, you will not buy any crafted dyes... ever.

HOWEVER...

I do want and overhaul of dye crafting. I was thinking about crafting dye "colour" and dye "frame", so everyone can buy their favourite colour(s) and mix/combine to get what they want. There are 2 problems with that tho:

1) Cartel dyes will become obsolete, that would not be good for business. But I would like to know how much dye packs people are actually buying? Is it worth much? Maybe, instead of being craftable, sell "dye frames" from cartel market for, say... 50cc?

2) Dye colour price/cost would have to be carefully managed. We don't want black colour costing millions to craft; that would defeat the point. All colours should be affordable to bye/sell, so we can buy Black and Red colours for more or less the same money as "good old" Black/Red dye.

Just my 2 cents.
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyranny." - Bertrand Russell

Nataph
06.18.2014 , 07:35 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
It would be an even bigger cash cow if they implemented a huge color hue chart into our collections menus representing the colors we could unlock via cartel coins. Not this crappy fixed dye system they use now....releasing a small handful of oddly mixed primary/secondary dye kits with each new cartel pack.

Sticking something like this, this, and this into our collections menus and charge us 10-100 cartel coins to unlock one color. Then allowing us to choose our own primary/secondary combinations. This would be a huge improvement for both the user and EA's bottom line.

i absolutely love this idea. just like the customization for cartels at the cartel bazaar.
I LOVE IT I LOVE IT>... I LOVE It
Harbinger

Ixzaran - Ix'Allure - Ix'Jash - Ix'arsiah - Nataph - Lots of 70's

Ratajack
06.18.2014 , 10:07 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
/signed

This game has the most worthless nickel and dime based dye system ever conceived. The fact that people actually think a single use black/black dye is worth millions of credits just boggles my mind to no end.

One you "learn" a dye you should be able to unlock it, or "learn" it on that toon forever.....you know, like most ALL over MMO's do.
The fact is that there are certain items, including some dyes, that will sell for much more because they ARE highly desired and sought after. If you choose not to pay the going rate for a given item, that is your choice. That does not mean that those prices are not reasonable if others will pay those prices.

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
That fact that you think what you do and choose to do in YOUR game should be dictated to everyone else just shows the immaturity of your post. I could care less how others got their dyes.
As opposed to your attempts to dictate the prices that players can charge for items you want?

SWLoveAngel
06.19.2014 , 05:37 AM | #28
Would be nice to see the CM Dye Modules added into Collections, since there are some of their two-color dye modules that I like. And there are some CM Dye Modules that I don't like the color combos that have came out, so I don't buy them on the GTN - or, if I end up with one that I don't want, I sell them on the GTN, just like any other player I'm sure.

Anyways, I'd like to see the option of pairing a primary and secondary dye module into a color combo of my choice - as some others have suggested on this thread. I think that would be something nice for Artificers to get to learn as they level up in the crafting skill, they'd get to learn the custom dye module frame (much like any other custom item, just limited to a pair of dye colors to put into it).

Just as another note, did anyone else think that making dye modules should have been given to Synthweaving, as they're making outfit pieces that can use dye modules? I mean, since it's not like we get a slot in a weapon to place a dye module to change the color of the weapon - we put them into outfit pieces to change the color of the outfit.

Kulyok
07.07.2014 , 01:00 AM | #29
I think the value of black/black and white/white cannot be replaced by craftable dyes, so, yes, I'm very much in favor of adding Cartel Marked dyes to our collections. (Too bad Bioware hasn't introduced red/red yet - or I haven't seen it).

I don't think it changes the dye situation drastically. I mean, may have bought cartel market /black dye, but I also keep buying black/blue for my Thana Vesh, or black/red for my Relaxed Uniform. Same as suits: I may be wearing Clandestine Officer Set, but when I hit level 27, I still change into non-cartel Hooligan's uniform.
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh

Ratajack
07.07.2014 , 06:14 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Kulyok View Post
I think the value of black/black and white/white cannot be replaced by craftable dyes, so, yes, I'm very much in favor of adding Cartel Marked dyes to our collections. (Too bad Bioware hasn't introduced red/red yet - or I haven't seen it).

I don't think it changes the dye situation drastically. I mean, may have bought cartel market /black dye, but I also keep buying black/blue for my Thana Vesh, or black/red for my Relaxed Uniform. Same as suits: I may be wearing Clandestine Officer Set, but when I hit level 27, I still change into non-cartel Hooligan's uniform.
Would you still by those black/blue dyes, or black red/dyes if you could create an infinite number of black/black dyes for free once you purchase only one and unlock it? Would you buy the white/orange, white/red or white/blue dye if you could create an infinite number of white/white dyes for free once you purchase only one and unlock it?

Most players would not.

That is the point that some are making.