Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Adding Dyes to Collections

Matty_X
01.28.2014 , 01:48 AM | #1
Title says it all. Would be great if colour dyes could be added to our collection.

DarkMontie
01.28.2014 , 02:11 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Matty_X View Post
Title says it all. Would be great if colour dyes could be added to our collection.
I agree.

This game has the worst dye system of any MMO I have ever experienced, and this is coming from a person that was around with Ultima Online and played MMO since.

Machshoot
01.28.2014 , 04:45 AM | #3
I support this 100%

I have dished out 1.5mil twice for the white on white dye module... I would love to never have to do that again

Vinak
01.28.2014 , 08:47 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkMontie View Post
I agree.

This game has the worst dye system of any MMO I have ever experienced, and this is coming from a person that was around with Ultima Online and played MMO since.
QFT

Really no other way of saying it. The dye system in this game is horrid. Why can't we get a decent system like just about any other game out there?
>████TootsieRollŪ████<
MXX ______.________CCCLXVII

Alec_Fortescue
01.28.2014 , 10:11 AM | #5
This would increase demand on high-end dyes. I can imagine black dye going even higher in price but I would totally spend even 10 mil on it shall it become reusable! And there is a shortage of them, so.

Should be added, that only cartel market ($) dyes should be added into collections. Not the craftable ones.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

branmakmuffin
01.28.2014 , 10:21 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Machshoot View Post
I support this 100%

I have dished out 1.5mil twice for the white on white dye module... I would love to never have to do that again
You don't. Ain't no law says any of your characters have to have white/white dyed items.

This is never going to happen unless large numbers of people start unsubbing and give "No dyes in collections" as the reason.

Soul_of_Flames
01.28.2014 , 01:19 PM | #7
It would completely remove the value of dyes if they did that.

And by value, I don't necessarily mean monetary value. I also mean rarity as well. If you can unlock them in collections, all dyes would drastically lose their value.

And what about people who craft dyes? They sell one and that person is set forever. Or, even worse, the buyer of a crafted dye spends cartel coins to unlock that dye that another player crafted. That would piss me off if I was the crafter. Pay me a small amount of credits for the thing I craft, then give BW real money to unlock it forever...

Knockerz
01.28.2014 , 01:49 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
You don't. Ain't no law says any of your characters have to have white/white dyed items.

This is never going to happen unless large numbers of people start unsubbing and give "No dyes in collections" as the reason.
Pretty much this. The dye system is a cow cash item for BW.
Fiery the angels fell; deep thunder rolled around their shores; burning with the fires of Orc

Vinak
01.28.2014 , 02:52 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
Pretty much this. The dye system is a cow cash item for BW.
It would be an even bigger cash cow if they implemented a huge color hue chart into our collections menus representing the colors we could unlock via cartel coins. Not this crappy fixed dye system they use now....releasing a small handful of oddly mixed primary/secondary dye kits with each new cartel pack.

Sticking something like this, this, and this into our collections menus and charge us 10-100 cartel coins to unlock one color. Then allowing us to choose our own primary/secondary combinations. This would be a huge improvement for both the user and EA's bottom line.
>████TootsieRollŪ████<
MXX ______.________CCCLXVII

DarkMontie
01.28.2014 , 06:14 PM | #10
Check out Guild Wars 2 dye system.

The major difference is that is GW2 there are thousands of possible colours (they have not released that many) plus they have started releasing dyes with textures and I think effects like glowing and reflective properties.

A collection system is viable but it also requires more than 25 colours.