Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gunships are why people are not playing as much.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Gunships are why people are not playing as much.

Kain_Turinbar
01.28.2014 , 01:18 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Miriel_DMar View Post
So I dunno, my scout beats a gunship.
Most of the time the gunships are in sniper mode, I just full blast towards them (above/behind) and by the time they realize they need to turbo away I already have them.

The issue is with others using chat to call out where the Gunships are at.
ie GS @ A inside etc.

Also, a REALLY bad habit I see a ton of players doing is feeding kills.
You just died at A, the respawn shows nothing but RED icons at A, why go to A solo?

Just my thoughts.

- Miri
I put winning above all else. If I'm solo holding a sat against superior numbers but eventually lose it and no one comes to help I'll rush back there. Even if its 4 to 5 on 1 I've kept all those guys at the sat suiciding like that over and over while they are undermanned at the other sats leaving us with the numbers advantage.

Last night in my Scout in the asteroid map no one wanted to help me take A.........we held C and they weren't even trying to take it and B kept changing hands. After a few unsuccessful tries on A solo (they had 3-4 defenders) I noticed that since I was killing turrets and usually 1-2 defenders before they got me they actually reinforced it to 5-7.

I started boosting in like I was going to attack, barrel rolling through, boosting to the other side then turning around and repeating. It was hilarious.............5-7 guys kept chasing me (unsuccessfully) while my team capped B and held it and we won.

DarthOvertone
01.28.2014 , 01:20 PM | #22
Not like the Gunship wasn't overpowered and one-shotting people in Beta. And it's not like the Beta Testers didn't inform the Devs of this fact in multiple threads.

L O L
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

NathanielStarr
01.28.2014 , 02:01 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
Not like the Gunship wasn't overpowered and one-shotting people in Beta. And it's not like the Beta Testers didn't inform the Devs of this fact in multiple threads.

L O L
yeah I know. It is ironic that we have the stupidest devs since SWG.

-Streven-
01.28.2014 , 03:02 PM | #24
I'm sick and tired of people calling for the removal of gunships. As a class they are balanced. They are snipers. They act and function as snipers. The tactical decisions you have to make in game simply require you to deal with the fact that there are snipers in the game. In all the arguments against gunships and railguns being made, no matter how sophisticated, when you break them down what they amount to is people saying "I don't like snipers". That's it. I have yet to hear of any real balance problem. If you let the gunship stay at range and line up shots undisturbed he's going to snipe you. That's the point. If you sneak up on him or barrel roll to close distance, not straight at him mind you, you will clean his clock. Thats how snipers are supposed to work and in this game it works exactly that way. So the real argument is, should the game have snipers? As a primarily nova pilot who likes sabo probes and hates being sniped I say YES. Gunships are usually my easy kills and they add variety and interesting tactical gameplay elements. The only time I find gunships difficult is when they chain but if two or more are focusing on me that's allowing my team plenty of time to cap satellites. Objective accomplished.

NathanielStarr
01.28.2014 , 03:41 PM | #25
In most games sniping is hard though. You have to get a head shot in this it's the easiest and most accurate weapon in the game.

HoloGrinder
01.28.2014 , 03:49 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by reclipsed View Post
How in hades is this their fault? Maybe you should you know...use the tools that are in the game and on this forum and get some like minded individuals to group up. Stop asking for devs to hold your hand.
It's not a fault or blame to be assigned. It is broken and broken game fixing is what we pay them for so why not ask them to eliminate the very issue that will kill GSF?

BrianDavion
01.28.2014 , 04:48 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by HoloGrinder View Post
It's not a fault or blame to be assigned. It is broken and broken game fixing is what we pay them for so why not ask them to eliminate the very issue that will kill GSF?
except how can BW address the issue of "republic's just better"?

renegadeimp
01.28.2014 , 05:11 PM | #28
Well, if the current changes on the PTS go live. Gunships wont be worth playing at all.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

BrianDavion
01.28.2014 , 05:14 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Well, if the current changes on the PTS go live. Gunships wont be worth playing at all.
what changes are those?

NathanielStarr
01.28.2014 , 05:20 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
This is the only change specific to gunships that I could find in the update notes.

Railgun weapons now require a minimum charge before firing

That doesn't seem like a big deal to me and certainly sounds like how it should've been from the start