Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gunships are why people are not playing as much.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Gunships are why people are not playing as much.

NathanielStarr
01.27.2014 , 07:50 PM | #1
No one likes to be one shotted especially when these gunships usually just run back to their spawn point when you chase them. So sure maybe the one gunship is gone for a minute or two, but either they come back and one shot you or another one gets you while you are chasing that one.

People do not like to be killed in one shot.

I've asked people and they told me that they feel the side with more gunships usually wins so it's boring for them.

Sadishist
01.27.2014 , 08:21 PM | #2
Guess I'll roll a gunship more now. Thanks.

dancezwithnubz
01.27.2014 , 08:32 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
No one likes to be one shotted especially when these gunships usually just run back to their spawn point when you chase them. So sure maybe the one gunship is gone for a minute or two, but either they come back and one shot you or another one gets you while you are chasing that one.

I've asked people and they told me that they feel the side with more gunships usually wins so it's boring for them.
"Learning Curve", GSF has a steep one.

elthenar
01.27.2014 , 08:42 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by dancezwithnubz View Post
"Learning Curve", GSF has a steep one.

Yes, and that learning curve consists of "train for Flashfire/Sting".

MrWoolie
01.27.2014 , 08:48 PM | #5

I absolutely agree. Personally, I always switch to Flashfire/sting evasion build with burst lasers and DF to take out gunships. They are an absolute menace on slower ships such as Starguard or Rycer that don't stack evasion, so they can't dodge, whether spacial or RNG the shots, nor can they chase the GS down. Missiles aren't effective against them because often they would just barrel roll away, or break your lock with DF if they specced into it.

However, the main problem with GS atm is their ion rail gun. 1 shot, no damage, but all energy gone, plus no regeneration for 6 seconds. The worst part is that it is AOE, so even as a flashfire, sometimes I get caught up and just picked off by some other ships.

Essentially, the only effective counter against groups of GS becomes flying GS on your side as well. Makes GSF terribly boring, but I always keep a GS with upgraded ion, slug, DF and roll just in case in my fleet.
POT5 - Spectrum Legacy
Ivekov - 55 + 8 other Crew Skill holders
Wookie Clothing Manufacturer since 1977.

stealthrider
01.27.2014 , 09:30 PM | #6
GS are annoying, but the real reason people don't play is the ******, retarded scoring system.

No one likes point of no return systems. No one liked it in Civil War and despite the thousands of complaints about it over the past two plus years, they reused it for not one but two maps. Not only that, they made it ramp up even faster, making the PoNR come even quicker and be even harder to avoid.

How stupid could Bioware possibly be, thinking people would actually enjoy this system? GSF would be just fine if they used, say, the Novare Coast system. Or something similar to Voidstar. Or something similar to freaking Huttball. But nope, they chose to use Civil War and everyone hates it just as much as ever.

In two plus years of playing I've never met a single person that enjoyed the Civil War scoring system, and this is an even worse version of it.
 /l、
(゚、 。 7 - Adorable cat is adorable.
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

NotThatOne
01.27.2014 , 10:29 PM | #7
I Got crithit ONCE! and Blew up! So I'm blaming the Gunship that killed me, not the two scouts on my Six, or the OTHER Gunship that was shooting at me!

Seriously, Guys... quit whining. I can count the times I've one-hit a full health Enemy ship on one hand....even then, I'm probably still wrong.

Just the other night, I popped a straight and level flying scout, watched him go from full health to flaming wreckage, then let loose a warwhoop of pwnage in my voice channel, "YEAH! ONE-HIT! GET AT ME---etc,etc,"

...only to have a fellow Gunship pilot in the same channel, chuckle "You're welcome, Animal."

Why?

His Ion hit a split second before my slug....In other words, although it happened too fast for the vaper or vapee to realize it, that mofo got hit twice, and had no shields when my Slug Rail scattered him all over the space lanes...

I can say this however: I fly a fully mastered Ion/Slug Quarrell in a good 75% of my matches and a fully mastered Conc/Protorp Pike in the other 25%.

A One hit kill happens as often for a Slug Rail as it does for a Protorp.

Which is, for those not following this: RARELY.

To score a one hit kill you must be: A: Good. B: Lucky C: All alone with no support from your team. D: All of the above.

The answer is D....for douchebag...
Now, please, for your own sake, sack the hell up and learnt he game mechanics.
Animal-mutha, 55 Combat Medic
<Black Squadron>
POT5

Flearos
01.27.2014 , 10:29 PM | #8

Honestly the slug rail-gun doesn't really bother me. Its the F***ING ion rail-gun that ruins the game for me. If it just removed my shields then engine power or slowed me that is one thing, but to remove weapon power on top of that is frankly to far. Not to mention the AoE. At that point your dead you cant even fight back.

Kain_Turinbar
01.27.2014 , 10:37 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Flearos View Post
Honestly the slug rail-gun doesn't really bother me. Its the F***ING ion rail-gun that ruins the game for me. If it just removed my shields then engine power or slowed me that is one thing, but to remove weapon power on top of that is frankly to far. Not to mention the AoE. At that point your dead you cant even fight back.
Yeah my scout that is maxed is a 47 percent evasion build with distortion field...can't remember the last time slug railgun touched me. There are still a lot of noob GS out there or something because I fly at them head on and pop BO, DF, Bypass and power to blasters and kill them super fast while they (unsuccessfully) try to hit me with their slug railgun.

Zharik
01.28.2014 , 12:58 AM | #10
I think that it is funny that the people who are playing, are arguing why those who don't play, aren't playing...
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Members (x18).

My Referral Link for some Free things (for you and me)