Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoint: Kuat Drive Yards

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Flashpoint: Kuat Drive Yards
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Apeth
01.28.2014 , 06:45 AM | #31
Realy looking forward to this. it'll be great for chars that are leveling. Hopefully a HM will come out as my full 78geared shadow might not be to challenged. It'll still be fun though. The mount looks awesome.
Jeracho/Jera-cho/Ezekeol ' Triumvirate of the Grey'- Masters of Light and Dark, Darths of the Sith Empire. Memeber of the Apostles of the Force - Red Eclipse.

Cody-licious
01.28.2014 , 06:52 AM | #32
This all sounds very inovative and obviously a lot of time and effort has gone into its development. I hope it works well.

What I'm curious about though -- with role neutrality, does this necessitate a 'smoothing-out' of the difficulty level to compensate for the lack of a dedicated healer or tank? So that if you do get a group finder queue pop for an ideal group of 4 level ~50s (2x DPS, 1x Tank and 1x Healer), won't this just end up being a total faceroll?

And as people have alluded to, in GW2 (where they have made the most concerted effort to abandon the 'Holy Trinity' of functional roles in small group play) most groups are now specifically restricting to max-dps specification and gear only -- so they can out-DPS the dungeon before it out-DPS's them. Is that what these new Tactical Flashpoints are for?
55 Mercenary Bodyguard 53 Powertech Pyro
55 Sniper Marksman 55 Operative Concealment 55 Scoundrel Sawbones
55 Sage Seer 51 Shadow Kinetic 55 Assassin Darkness
55 Guardian Vigilance 53 Marauder Carnage

Vodamin
01.28.2014 , 08:31 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterBlackJack View Post
I don't know where you been but I was on my leveling dps the other day on Taris and i was queued for 3 hours and not a single pop. DPS is harder to get because there are not as many tanks and healers as they are dps.

And the reason you don't have long times in WoW cause WoW has cross-server queues, TOR doesn't. But a flashpoint like this is desperately needed for dps that is leveling because unless your grouped with a tank or a healer you are going to be waiting for quite a while.
I am not talking about queues on low levels. I am talking endgame

morfius
01.28.2014 , 09:20 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Cody-licious View Post
This all sounds very inovative and obviously a lot of time and effort has gone into its development. I hope it works well.

What I'm curious about though -- with role neutrality, does this necessitate a 'smoothing-out' of the difficulty level to compensate for the lack of a dedicated healer or tank? So that if you do get a group finder queue pop for an ideal group of 4 level ~50s (2x DPS, 1x Tank and 1x Healer), won't this just end up being a total faceroll?

And as people have alluded to, in GW2 (where they have made the most concerted effort to abandon the 'Holy Trinity' of functional roles in small group play) most groups are now specifically restricting to max-dps specification and gear only -- so they can out-DPS the dungeon before it out-DPS's them. Is that what these new Tactical Flashpoints are for?
Exactly that... you may see it first hand in CZ 2+ versions.
You see bad player promos here... if BW continue that way nobody will level tanks/healers due to such content and very much easier leveling as DPS, then on endgame PUGing will become much much worst.
GL to all pew pewers when it happens and no sane players PUG anymore.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

yindaka
01.28.2014 , 09:28 AM | #35
Role neutral, bolstered levels, random objectives for different experiences every time and ofcourse my favorite, finally taking it up against the republic again instead of all the other 3rd parties. Consider me much interested and very enthousiastic. Can't wait to try this one out on basically every character I have.

GratuaCuun
01.28.2014 , 09:53 AM | #36
Could someone show me this mystical version of WoW that doesn't have long @!#%$^% queue times? I wish to worship at it's holy short-queued shrine
People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians - George Lucas, 1988

Andryah
01.28.2014 , 09:54 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by LJ_Gibbs View Post
Make ALL flashpoints role-neutral!!!!!

Even hard modes... DPS shouldn't have to wait an hour and 30 mins for a Q to pop
One step at a time. Best to see how this one works out before making (or converting) more of them.

Clearly this is designed to help alleviate some of the frustrations that DPS are having with queues, AND to provide some randomization to the FP so that it's not internet cliff-noted on day one. But it remains to be seen how the players actually make use of it. I say this because players are notoriously clever at distorting the intended use of everything in an MMO.

This is a good move by Bioware (and shows they are listening to player frustrations), but it remains to be seen how well it works out with players. If players collectively trash talk it and rant and complain.... expect to see no more of these.
--------------------- Don't bother. I'm Not Here. ---------------------

Pscyon
01.28.2014 , 10:17 AM | #38
Quote:
However, Fleet Admiral Bey’wan Aygo, the Bothan leader
Does that mean we'll start seeing Bothan NPCs in the game? I can't recall seeing any Bothans in the game before.
Sith Sorcerer

GratuaCuun
01.28.2014 , 10:29 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
Does that mean we'll start seeing Bothan NPCs in the game? I can't recall seeing any Bothans in the game before.
There's been pictures of artwork with Bothans in it - and Bothawui was the site of a HUGE-*** battle between Republic and Sith forces during the Great Galactic War (the war from before the current war) with some 50,000 Sith forces taking on some few 84 Jedi and 5000 Republic Troops but we've not actually SEEN a Bothan

Maybe Bothans will be the base for a new race to play
People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians - George Lucas, 1988

Nmyownworld
01.28.2014 , 10:35 AM | #40
This sounds very interesting. I'm looking forward to it.