Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Spoiler] Last inquisitor fight with Thanaton

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor
[Spoiler] Last inquisitor fight with Thanaton

Akella
02.14.2012 , 11:24 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by HagenVonTronje View Post
As others have said you just need Talos. I did this at 46 with Talos in his starting gear. Xalek, Andronikos, Khem, all will not really deliver. The problem is that you will run out of force even if you're heal spec and have out a good DPS pet, he has a LOT of health and he heals himself. With Talos it's almost trivial, his DPS is surprisingly low. Stay mobile so you avoid his ground reticle AoEs and try to interrupt his force lightning. Use force shield only when you go below half health, it's very force hungry.

Will take 15+ minutes most likely.

PS - The droid might work too but most people haven't geared him out.
^ That's what I did too. Past experience with other fights taught me i run out of force power trying to heal up my companions. I ran around a lot, interrupted his heals and took his health down gradually. It was a long fight and I didn't have much health left at the end, but it was a one shot. Really fun.
Never argue with a fool, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

mausty
02.14.2012 , 11:27 PM | #22
use talos and the fight is easy, run out of that storm bs

MrCute
02.15.2012 , 02:07 AM | #23
Solution for Non Healer toons = Talos

Even if you havent geared up Talos from the time you got him, he can still heal you to successfully beat Thanaton.

Solution for Healer Toons = cake; they can solo Thanaton even without a companion

I dont understand why as an Assassin I cant beat Thanaton using Xalek. Whether Xalek DPS or Tank, we lose. If with Xalek fails, with Ashara would also fail. Melee companions wont stand a chance against Thanaton. Thats on the final fight in Korriban. But on the duel in Corellia, I dont know how me and Xalek pwned him in one try.

I completed all those quests yesterday at level 48.

Blades_of_Afro
02.15.2012 , 07:47 AM | #24
i had no problem beating him. i was lvl 50 way before i got close to beating the story quest. I just had talos. he healed and i tanked so simple. y would i want to use a dps or tank anyway.

LordbishopX
02.15.2012 , 08:24 AM | #25
Talos = easy win and gearing him should be simple GTN/Planet comms. Just have to watch the ground and move it shows where the storm will hit and should be easy to step out of it and using jolt/electrocute channel the force makes short work of him by the way X is bugged almost better to use Khem since X shield I believe is fail. Pretty much just cant stand constantly next to him range is a must that's why a range companion like talos is win as well. Basically your gonna kite him interrupt him for easy win.

darkenwolf
02.15.2012 , 08:50 AM | #26
Just to echo what others have said: Talos.

I beat Thanaton easily as a full Madness Assassin, Lightning Charge. Had very little trouble using Talos. I keep him fully geared so my health barely ever dropped below half. Interrupt when you can. Don't be afraid to use Shroud.

Pro-tip: turn off Talos' carbon spray. In hard fights that's just 10 seconds of Talos not healing at all. Without it his healing efficiency gets a significant boost. In some hard champ fights I'll also turn off his two Blaster abilities so all he does is heal. It can give you the edge you need in a close fight.

One thing I did notice, actually, was no matter where I stood his Death Field always hit me. Every time. I could be in the AOE circle. I could be just outside of it. I could be 30m away (sprinted a few times as soon as the casting bar started just to check). Every time -1200 red.

Not the first time I've noticed that with mobs casting Death Field. Anybody else?

JaddynnStarr
02.15.2012 , 10:22 AM | #27
my experience was a bit different... did it first try but i was lvl 50 with partial pvp gear on... the only time i took any real damage was his force storm attack... just use my heal and popped barrier... fight lasted 2.5 mins maybe? had xalek on him... threw him an occasional heal and barrier when i noticed his health dropping a bit... ended fight with 3/4 health on me and full health on my comp. its easy if u just interrupt him and keep the focus on you.

xrizxriz
02.15.2012 , 09:06 PM | #28
I did it at 50 spec'd mostly for healing, I just used Ashira to tank him and kept shield on her as much as possible, kept her healed, kept him DOT'd and tossed the occasional FL, Shock or Electrocute at him.

Shokurai
02.15.2012 , 11:39 PM | #29
i was full lightning at the time with adronikus nothing wrong with either of our gear, he whooped us several times , i switched to talos beat him easily

* i bought the cheapest green gear for talos i could find with high cunning , hardly cost me a thing

Coslin
02.16.2012 , 11:30 AM | #30
I did it at 49 as a full Heal Spec with Khem. Typical tank n Spank. I think I remember ending the fight with about 3/4 health and force power. Used the pull spell on Khem when I needed him to get out of area. It took some time, but as long as I didn't overreact and blow my force powers prematurely, no worries. I kept the DoT's on him throughout the fight, also. Wasn't too bad. Just had to launch into some heavy healing do mitigate spiked DPS when I missed the Death Watch.