Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

More items Without the RNG Cartle boxes

Soul_of_Flames
01.28.2014 , 01:17 PM | #11
I think one of the reasons why some gear sets are random are because they are supposed to be rare. If you allow people to just buy them directly, everyone would be wearing them and they would lose their meaning.

Not saying there aren't other ways to preserve such things. But I don't think you should be able to buy, for example, Revan's robes directly from the cartel market.

Atalantia
01.30.2014 , 05:35 PM | #12
If I am willing to pay say 1200 cartel coins for "X" set rather than spend nothing on the cartel market. cause I ain't going to pay 24 boxes

get nothing that I was wanting and then buy another 24 rinse and repeat until I get what I want. I know there are people that are doing that or the Gear lottery box thing wouldn't still be going on.

and they can make them like the Pathfinder set where U have to repurchase it for each toon.

Then they have win win. All the people that want to buy 240 boxes for a set they can transfer to others toons win and those of use that want to just have that set win
Was before F2P

orangefishboy
01.30.2014 , 08:24 PM | #13
Ok, here's my solution suggestion. They allow you to buy only the bronze and silver quality rare cartel pack, and maybe the less rare gold quality stuff, for upwards of 1k coins apiece, and it's BoP no matter what it is.

Mowermanx
01.30.2014 , 08:56 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by orangefishboy View Post
Ok, here's my solution suggestion. They allow you to buy only the bronze and silver quality rare cartel pack, and maybe the less rare gold quality stuff, for upwards of 1k coins apiece, and it's BoP no matter what it is.
Indeed, one could easily argue they could make more money by offering more items directly, but they would have to be bop to not interfere with the gamble boxes.