Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crew Skill for some change at level 55

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Crew Skill for some change at level 55

stupidsyrup
01.25.2014 , 03:00 AM | #1
So currently I've got a 450 Biochem, 450 Armstech, and 2 450 Artificers. I was wanting to drop one of the Artifices and pick up something that would yield me a nice handful of credits for my toons. I don't buy no 40 mil speeder but the occasional 600k Hawkeye crystal would be nice. I've got lower alts with 350 Cybertech and Armormech, and a toon I don't play much with Synthweaving 156.

I had the idea of getting Synthweaving, Archaeology, and Slicing. I just want the Synthweaving for Aug kits and Augs themselves. I have no intention of crafting gear, except to go from 1-450. Slicing would supply with me with schematics for Augs and Thermal Regs. Does this sound like a good idea? Or should I get 3 gathering skills. I'm not leveling along so I won't be out and about farming nodes. This is something where I can make a few bucks without leaving the fleet/ship. I'm not lazy, I run dailies, but it would be nice not to on at least 1 toon.

TLDR: Dropping Artifice at 55 for a money skill set. Does Synth, Archaeology, and Slicing sound good, or would you recommend something else? Oh and also I don't raid I only PvP so you can see the reason behind not wanting to leave the fleet. Thanks for your time
The Indomitable STUPIDSYRUP
<Albino Brothers>
Battlemaster Jeffray
War Hero Alexowens

MaximilianPower
01.25.2014 , 09:35 AM | #2
This is basically what I did about two weeks ago...leveled a rarely-used character up to 450 in synth, and started running bountiful/rich 450 slicing missions on an alt as frequently as possible in the hopes of accumulating thermal regulators. And then crafting as many augments as I could. I've made about 1.5 mill or so this way since then, nothing too exciting, but better than I was doing before.

I just finished leveling another alt to 450 in slicing, which should double my chances at thermal regulators (at double the cost, of course). That guy is a knight and I'll use T7 to run the rich mission. I've been using Scorpio on my other slicing guy (agent, obviously) for her extra crit chance.

The synth is a sith warrior, and Jaesa crafts all the augments (again, for extra crit chance). She's busted out two augments for the price of one several times already. RNG, of course, so ymmv, but this seems like a good plan for me, at least for the time being.

Pure gathering is less of a gamble, as there's less RNG involved (I could theoretically go a week without getting a single regulator, while a gatherer will always have resources to collect). But I think there's probably less of an opportunity to profit. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. hth
Hey, Barsen'thor Bill
What did you kill
Barsen'thor Bill

Zuckerkorn Spiderzuck Bøbløblaw EddieBrøck TøbiasFünke MaximilianPower
Jedi Covenant

100% GSF cheevs

stupidsyrup
01.25.2014 , 09:38 AM | #3
Yeah for me this would be for my Knight, who has romanced Kira and has gifted T7, so both are full affection, with T7 running the Slicing and Kira crafting. Thanks for the input man
The Indomitable STUPIDSYRUP
<Albino Brothers>
Battlemaster Jeffray
War Hero Alexowens