Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Smedly teasing SWG vets with new game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Smedly teasing SWG vets with new game

Technohic
01.27.2014 , 08:46 AM | #11
Hmm by him teasing that, it could get me to just stay here longer while I wait for that future game. I enjoy SWTOR, but my heart still belongs to SWG.

branmakmuffin
01.28.2014 , 10:01 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Hambunctious View Post
No, Disney can have anyone do an online SW game. That's why there's a online clone wars game, and the up coming attack squadron.
None of us knows the first thing about the licensing agreement between LucasArts/Dinsey and BioWare/EA.

Technohic
01.28.2014 , 01:32 PM | #13
http://www.incgamers.com/2014/01/soe...-not-star-wars

Should have figured, I guess. Still; if it is a retooled SWG with the IP stripped off of it, I probably would be into it.

Pingonaut
01.28.2014 , 01:35 PM | #14
Doubtful to be a Star Wars game, but any game like that is gonna be good. This was posted quite a few times in the "Star Wars Discussion" forums last week, too.

Callaron
01.28.2014 , 02:55 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Pingonaut View Post
Doubtful to be a Star Wars game, but any game like that is gonna be good. This was posted quite a few times in the "Star Wars Discussion" forums last week, too.
They'll be better off without the big IP attached to it.
If it's their own unique IP they can create anything that they want without checking in with Disney first - and it won't need shutting down because they can't afford to hold onto one of the most expensive licenses in the world.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

Hambunctious
01.28.2014 , 03:06 PM | #16
I'd rather have SWG back as it was when it closed, but the Repopulation is shaping up nicely, and I am happy to have taken part in the crowd funding of it.

If SOE is coming up with something along the same lines, then I'll likely try it.

Etheric
01.30.2014 , 08:23 AM | #17
I'd rather have SWG back as it was when it closed, but the Repopulation is shaping up nicely, and I am happy to have taken part in the crowd funding of it.

If SOE is coming up with something along the same lines, then I'll likely try it.
I'm a backer of the Repopulation as well. I'll be rolling FPS. Although not sure if i roll on the Hardcore server or not yet, still a little if'y on the ruleset for it, but if you see Kinzua Rainmaker in game say hi or kill me or say hi then kill me, don't hesitate cause if your OWNS i will try to kill you.

branmakmuffin
02.01.2014 , 12:00 PM | #18

If it has an F2P option, sure, I'll try it.

Etheric
02.02.2014 , 01:33 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
If it has an F2P option, sure, I'll try it.
Are you speaking of The Repopulation ? Its only F2P, with no RNG packs (yeah). Check their site. Be aware though its a Sandbox game.

Jandi
02.02.2014 , 04:34 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
None of us knows the first thing about the licensing agreement between LucasArts/Dinsey and BioWare/EA.
Excuse me?

http://ea.newshq.businesswire.com/pr...ames-agreement