Infinite Race Options, Minimal Programming expense

I understand making a full playable race option requires much programming, artwork and testing that takes time and money, so I'm suggesting an alternative. Holographic Disguises. Create items (I suggest a Mod-able belt) that when equipped change the head (and maybe hands and/or feet) to that of existing alien NPCs. You could even replace the character's entire look much the way crew member customizations do for Khem Val, even changing the base body type. (Who ever heard of a strong or fat duros?) This would use assets that are already in the game, with existing framework for face emotes and movement. This would open many races that are not popular enough to even consider a full race work-up, such as the rodian, bith, weequay (my favorite, remember that if you use this idea), duros, sullustans, and kubaz as well as more popular races such as the kel dor or nautalan. (I would go ahead and do the togruta race full up, as this lowly option would infuriate the loyal that have been calling for it.)

Would there be clipping issues? Possibly. Will the character still speak basic, despite the lore to the contrary? Yes. Will half your rodian jedi's snout-face cave into Kira's when he leans into kiss her? Yep. It's just a Holographic Disguise.

Simply create a few static options for each race. You could even add races that aren't even in the game this way such as bothans, quarren, and cereans. (Gungan, if you can withstand the firestorm of rage that would erupt.) With the full body option, you could add such races as wookies, chevin, gamorreans, trandoshans, or ithorians. Isn't it odd that wookie guns are in the game but the only wookie companion in the game can't use it because he's melee? If some of these odd shaped races break or look terrible moving through combat animations, simply make them Unreliable Holographic Disguises that fail and reveal the character during combat.

This would help the re-colored humans only feel the game can sometimes get. By limiting the options, you could maintain a acceptable level of quality. Players could apply their favorite race to their existing characters without having to do a full re-roll or spending CC for each and every one, even swapping on a whim. It would be also be a godsend to RPers, allowing them to use alien races in their stories, even changing them as needed. It would also allow you to gauge what races are truly popular and worthy of a full workup race, with multiple skin tones and options.