Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

/stucking it

NorthernYahoo
01.24.2014 , 10:57 AM | #1
Question (bear in mind, i'm on a pve server):

When one of the following conditions is met:
1) An enemy suddenly and instantly flags near me, while having waited to be in a favorable posture to initiate PVP.
2) The enemy clearly has PVP gear in a questing area and i don't, making the fight impossible to win anyhoo
3) An enemy outnumbers me more than 2 to 1

I use /stuck because in my view they don't deserve the kill. That being said, most of my pvp combats are fair (and I lose a LOT of them )

Does this constitute abuse of game mechanics in the eyes of the moderation team?

Uber_the_Goober
01.24.2014 , 02:44 PM | #2
because they don't "deserve" the kill? Hahahaha you're just trying to pee in the ganker's cheerios.

Just take the death and move along. You're making yourself look more like prey to them...like is said - don't run from an angry dog, he'll just chase you down.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

NorthernYahoo
01.24.2014 , 03:06 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
because they don't "deserve" the kill? Hahahaha you're just trying to pee in the ganker's cheerios.

Just take the death and move along. You're making yourself look more like prey to them...like is said - don't run from an angry dog, he'll just chase you down.
You didn't answer my question!

StryfeByrd
01.24.2014 , 03:14 PM | #4
uber is a troll ignore him, IMHO, no its not abuse, if they are positioning them selves in you aoe just to get flagged or to flag you and/or they are in a group and your alone why put yourself thru it if you wanna /stuck then do so.

vennian
01.24.2014 , 03:19 PM | #5
Number 1) seems strange.
If you are willingly flagged, he's just doing the same. That is a part of the danger of being flagged. There, using /stuck seems cheap, IMO

2) Well, if you're willingly flagged, that's still still a risk you chose to take. Get PVP gear if you want to PVP

3) That's just them being cheap. 2v1 is anything but fair.

DharmaPolice
01.24.2014 , 03:41 PM | #6
I'm not sure I understand your question. If this is outside of a warzone why would the moderation team care where you /stuck?
Derimeth / Splendora / Rosaluxemburg - The Red Eclipse

Uber_the_Goober
01.24.2014 , 03:42 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by StryfeByrd View Post
uber is a troll ignore him,
You jerk! You're trying to gank me on the forums!

/stuck

POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

SlightlySychotic
01.24.2014 , 04:24 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DharmaPolice View Post
I'm not sure I understand your question. If this is outside of a warzone why would the moderation team care where you /stuck?
*shrug* Maybe after he stucked they whispered him and told him that was an exploit. Because forcing a person to flag by running into his AoE isn't for some reason.
Darth Sychotic: (Sith Juggernaut) "Whatever does not kill you has failed and must be made to pay egregiously for its error."
Kaz Keeno: (Scoundrel) "One day I hope we can just move on and put this whole 'trying-to-kill-me' nonsense behind us."

Shaggggy
01.24.2014 , 05:28 PM | #9
Lol, I must give this ago...does it annoy them?

Sadishist
01.24.2014 , 09:09 PM | #10
I thought about giving this a go, too. But then I realized that it only shows that I acknowledge my ownage.
A fearful enemy is at his most dangerous.

The Fallen Lords of The Bastion
Juggernaut: Sadishist Sorcerer: Drellion