Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Watchman sentinels need a deserved PVP buff.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Watchman sentinels need a deserved PVP buff.

Marisblood
01.24.2014 , 10:10 AM | #1
Simple:
1. 2% healing from bleeds up from 1%.
2. Make bleeds uncleasable and ticking faster / harder.
3. Leap root (3 sec) by default and slow (50%) for 6 sec in the same time since most classes have a free movement speed buff (see mandos with 10 sec for mid tree or VG 8 sec mid tree or healing sages or rolling scoperatives...bah).
3. Bleed efect should slow the target for 30% of all time for the duration.
4. Merciles slash should also make the target to bleed and aditionaly doing half of the primary dmg as bleed for 6 seconds.
A wounded target that bleed move slower and die faster.... this is the concept
No less, no more. Wake up Devs, this spec need a deserved pvp buff.

AngusFTW
01.24.2014 , 10:12 AM | #2
They would never do it because it would be op in pve. Though the amount they have buffed concealment operatives single target dps maybe we need such a buff there too
That guy with all the fat pink twileks with bleez in the name.
TOFN/TRE/much eu much wow
twitch.tv/bleezlord

alexsamma
01.24.2014 , 10:46 AM | #3
Poor, poor sentinels/maras, you've had such underpowered specs for so long that you have never been competitive in pvp while sorcs, mercs, dps operatives, and dps juggs control the leaderboards and have standing invitations to every ranked team on every single server...

Seriously, get in line.

Marisblood
01.24.2014 , 11:04 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by alexsamma View Post
Poor, poor sentinels/maras, you've had such underpowered specs for so long that you have never been competitive in pvp while sorcs, mercs, dps operatives, and dps juggs control the leaderboards and have standing invitations to every ranked team on every single server...

Seriously, get in line.
I hate to smash...i love to bleed. Watchman is not a smasher. And i believe we all deserve viable specs in all tree of a desired class that we pick up to play. I hate to be forced to choose a tree that Devs want me to choose. Where is my freedom here? Freedom of will.

anwg
01.24.2014 , 11:05 AM | #5
Try using crippling slash.

Vodrin
01.24.2014 , 11:42 AM | #6
Watchman still outperform focus in PvE so all they really need is some improved survivability with the ability to ramp up damage more quickly. Watchman was the best PvP spec in 1.0-1.2, and it was not until combat got buffed, and changes were made to focus to equalize the spec between guardian and sent with other changes made to allow instant stacking of singularity that watchman fell behind. The heal on bleeds being nerfed also didn't help. In any case, buffing damage of bleeds is probably not necessary and would lead to other problems.

Devilk
01.24.2014 , 11:47 AM | #7
The problem with watchman is it is a sustained spec, where as burst gets kills in PvP. If they buff your burst, they will have to nerf your sustained, which will affect PvE far more.

Raansu
01.24.2014 , 11:58 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Marisblood View Post
Simple:
1. 2% healing from bleeds up from 1%.
2. Make bleeds uncleasable and ticking faster / harder.
3. Leap root (3 sec) by default and slow (50%) for 6 sec in the same time since most classes have a free movement speed buff (see mandos with 10 sec for mid tree or VG 8 sec mid tree or healing sages or rolling scoperatives...bah).
3. Bleed efect should slow the target for 30% of all time for the duration.
4. Merciles slash should also make the target to bleed and aditionaly doing half of the primary dmg as bleed for 6 seconds.
A wounded target that bleed move slower and die faster.... this is the concept
No less, no more. Wake up Devs, this spec need a deserved pvp buff.
While watchmen is my favorite spec and I would love to see it be viable for pvp again, I cant see them doing much to the spec as its already one of the highest parsers for pve.

Burst is so high now compared to launch that I cant really see the 2% healing being that much of a factor anymore, especially since they nerfed GBTF which is now counter productive to the spec as a whole. I would still love to have the 2% heal returned though. Thought that nerf was unnecessary to begin with.

Uncleanseable dots would be nice but it wouldn't solve the main issue with why the spec isn't used in pvp. Overall though I don't think its much of an issue. Dots can be reapplied so easily, and dots being purged just means they are wasting a GCD purging a dot instead of doing heals/dmg. Not to say I wouldn't mind having it, I just don't really think its necessary.

Damage wise the spec is actually quite strong in pvp. I still tear through people with the spec and merciless slash hits for a good 7k when it crits. The problem is overall it doesn't have any real burst and the ramp up time is a hindrance (Mostly for arenas. I don't think its that big of an issue in 8v8). Merciless and juyo stacks staying for 24s was a huge help, but it still doesn't change the fact that the spec has fairly long ramp up times to get the dps going. If the stacks fell off one at a time instead of all at once that would help quite a bit, or if they made valorous call immediately grant full stacks of juyo and merciless that would help quite a bit as well.

Bleeds doing more damage as the opponent moves is an interesting idea which has been implemented already into electro net so it would be interesting to see it applied to watchmen. It wouldn't impact pve much since mobs don't really move a whole lot. I don't think our dots need more slows though. Cauterize already applies a slow and we have leg slash as well and a 0 meter leap so really more slows isn't necessary.

AngusFTW
01.24.2014 , 12:02 PM | #9
I've said this on a couple of occasions, the main problem with watchman is that it more susceptible to kitting and being slowed , rooted while being the spec that also needs to spend the most time on the target to deal any kind of serious dmg. The other 2 specs have abilitys that can get rid of any slows/roots place while also being to deal a nice amount of burst in a short amount of time. Watchman does not while also being the spec with the least initial burst so requires alot more uptime on a target. CC/slow Immunity like say for example.. vigilance would do this spec the world of good in pvp.
That guy with all the fat pink twileks with bleez in the name.
TOFN/TRE/much eu much wow
twitch.tv/bleezlord

DharmaPolice
01.24.2014 , 01:18 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
CC/slow Immunity like say for example.. vigilance would do this spec the world of good in pvp.
I had this exact thought earlier today. Giving Watchman/Annihilation CC immunity on leap would make it a lot more attractive in PVP but presumably wouldn't matter much for PVE (might increase their uptime in some fights with knockbacks I guess). The main problem I see is the enhanced leap traits you get in the tree though. Because you can leap from close range (and more frequently) you might end with Sentinel's who are immune to CC 90%+ of the time. Which would be fun for them but might change the dynamics of PVP a bit more then desired. So maybe the proc might make them immune to some CC / knockbacks - like Hold the Line does for Troopers.
Derimeth / Splendora / Rosaluxemburg - The Red Eclipse