Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is The Eyeless the first step towards "Tactical Operations"?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is The Eyeless the first step towards "Tactical Operations"?

EzioMessi
01.23.2014 , 09:03 PM | #1
I ask this because Kuat Drive Yards has recently been announced as a role-neutral, level-neutral flashpoint. Not long after, The Eyeless boss is released, where every lowbie gets bolstered to level 55 stats. Is this a test for possible level-neutral Operations, or is this just a one-time thing so that lowbies get to have some fun with the event?
The Harbinger - The Raider Legacy
Aetios - Level 65 Sentinel

Pingonaut
01.23.2014 , 09:07 PM | #2
Well, obviously this is a system we've not seen before, in this form. If it goes well we can probably expect more in one form or another.

MaximusRex
01.23.2014 , 09:40 PM | #3
I wouldn't be surprised to see it for Story Mode.

Aries_cz
01.24.2014 , 02:47 AM | #4
I can see it used for events, but I think that operations should remain as top level thing, because they do continue the story of the hero you become at the high level...
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd and Czech Alliance, Red Eclipse
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Pingonaut
01.24.2014 , 03:08 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
I can see it used for events, but I think that operations should remain as top level thing, because they do continue the story of the hero you become at the high level...
We need something similar to operations at lower levels, because currently the gap of switching from flashpoints to operations is far to large. Some players (myself included for a while) see it and worry that they're not ready for a long time, even if they really are.

Callaron
01.24.2014 , 03:24 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Pingonaut View Post
Well, obviously this is a system we've not seen before, in this form. If it goes well we can probably expect more in one form or another.
Not entirely correct. They've done it before with the Gree event the first time it came around.
But they removed it after it was exploitable and everyone with a lowbie character rushed to Ilum to farm the H4 quest over and over for easy powerleveling. (not sure how exactly it worked, but I think the lower level characters also got the xp numbers a 55 would get for killing the mobs, which would be insane amounts of xp for their level)
I think they got it working now though, and yes, the new Tactical Operations are using the same system (I imagine the new FP was designed alongside the Rakghoul event).
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

Callaron
01.24.2014 , 03:28 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
Yeah, most of them take place after you've already made a name for yourself in the galaxy.
It would make zero sense to call "Joe, the level 10 nobody" to come fight the Dread Masters - not to mention
Spoiler

A new operation however would work. One that's designed to be an introduction to Ops, and that takes into account that the characters aren't epic heroes yet.
Like a massive raid on an Exchange base or something. (a more mundane threat rather than the epic enemies the current Ops all have you face)
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)

Aries_cz
01.24.2014 , 03:31 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Pingonaut View Post
We need something similar to operations at lower levels, because currently the gap of switching from flashpoints to operations is far to large. Some players (myself included for a while) see it and worry that they're not ready for a long time, even if they really are.
Hmm, I really do not see the gap. You just have more people and there are some gear requirements, which are easily fulfilled by running Oricon once and getting the Artifact armor, which should be sufficient for Story Modes.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd and Czech Alliance, Red Eclipse
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Raansu
01.24.2014 , 03:38 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by EzioMessi View Post
I ask this because Kuat Drive Yards has recently been announced as a role-neutral, level-neutral flashpoint. Not long after, The Eyeless boss is released, where every lowbie gets bolstered to level 55 stats. Is this a test for possible level-neutral Operations, or is this just a one-time thing so that lowbies get to have some fun with the event?
It's just another way to avoid spending money on cross servers.

Callaron
01.24.2014 , 04:25 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
It's just another way to avoid spending money on cross servers.
Cross servers wouldn't solve the queue problem anyway, and it takes a lot of time and resources to implement.
Unless there is a server out there, full of Tanks - all crying in desperation because those rare few DPS never queue for the groupfinder.