Kira Carsen - Missed Dialogue Oppoturnity for Romance?

cpcoller

Greetings to all,

I had a quick question:

If you don't say / choose the right dialogue option for romance at one meeting, will there be another opportunity to make amends?

E.g., my JK character is at lvl 44. I currently have around 9700 / 10000 affection with Kira. I have progressed well I think with my dialogue choices so far, regarding romancing Kira. A conversation just became available for my character to "talk privately on the ship" with Kira.

The conversation began by Kira saying, "ok, we need to have THE talk," or something close to that. I did not choose the "marriage" option when it came up. I didn't think it was the right time, storyline wise, as I still have 4-5 planets to explore. I chose the other positive option though. My dialogue choices from that point never resulted in negative affection from Kira, but I am more than concerned that I just ruined my game. If SWTOR is anything like Mass Effect, dialogue / romance -wise, I'm screwed.

Can anyone confirm or deny? Comments? Suggestions? Thanks.

~~~~

Pretty sure the discussion of marriage is the last dialogue. As for "too soon" it probably happened because of too many gifts causing affection to be much higher than it would've normally. I don't think there would've been another conversation even if you did choose to say you wanted marriage and you're simply at the romance complete part I guess( or maybe declining it ended the romance but either way there wouldn't have been much left to say)

Pretty sure the discussion of marriage is the last dialogue. As for "too soon" it probably happened because of too many gifts causing affection to be much higher than it would've normally. I don't think there would've been another conversation even if you did choose to say you wanted marriage and you're simply at the romance complete part I guess( or maybe declining it ended the romance but either way there wouldn't have been much left to say)

Most companions have one last or a few more dialouges after completing their romance, take Mako for example, she has i think 2 options after romance + Marriage.

I'm not positive that you haven't locked it out, but I think you still have some dialogue left. If I remember correctly, Kira has a quick mission on Voss that you only get once you've finished chapter 3.

One way to quickly check it is to see if you've unlocked her companion bonus in your Republic Unlocks tab (via legacy menu).

• 2 months later...
I'm not positive that you haven't locked it out, but I think you still have some dialogue left. If I remember correctly, Kira has a quick mission on Voss that you only get once you've finished chapter 3.

One way to quickly check it is to see if you've unlocked her companion bonus in your Republic Unlocks tab (via legacy menu).

As long as you haven't ended the romance option, the player above is correct. You have to wait to complete the dialogue path for Kira after you complete Chapter 3 and her final mission. It has been awhile, but you will have a conversation before your Voss companion mission after Chapter, a second conversation once you finish the mission. After that, I believe you have the conversation about marriage.

Kira does not even have romantic options in conversations until you finish Chapter 2 (ie finish Hoth and the final mission after). As in, you cannot go forward in her conversation chain until you finish Chapter 2, and cant finish it for good until after Chapter 3.

Both my Guardian and Sentinel were 10000/10000 affection before they hit level 40. Most because of gift giving, but also because I always run my character as Light Side, something Kira quite likes in her man.

You will have a ton of fun when you unlock them finally, and I dont really thing there is a way to kill the romance, but again, I never tried to either

Edited by mastervalkar